does this exist - Heavy Onyx Heart Scepter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, May 5, 2019.

1. svann Augur

Only one muhbis drops per event. If you are passing on a dropped weapon today so you can get a muhbis weapon when your turn comes up in 4 weeks that make YOU weaker for that 4 weeks. Why would you do that? My point is that dropped weapons DO matter. They are a stepping stone to eventually get better. To say they are "disregarded by all raiders" is wrong.
  2. Funk Augur

You obviously have a little trouble reading. They are indeed temporary stepping stones as you say..but that's all. Temporary trash from current content that gets tossed aside the instant you get your muhbis.

That is the problem. Why should weapon drops from current content be tossed aside for a crafted weapon. If you have people in RoV using dropped weapons on raids that is a problem with your guild not making sure all raiders have best in slot weapon.

The muhbis should be more of an option if your weapon doesn't drop from the event due to bad RNG, not a requirement to have the best weapon.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can also "tier" the mubis. (we do have background tiers for the raids, even if they don't make a huge difference)
    Make 3 mubis with different ones needed for the equivalent equipment that drops in that "tier" I.E. the Tier one raids drop a tier 1 muhbis. There is equivalent Tradeskill gear to the gear that drops in that tier, and that equivalent gear needs the Tier 1 Muhbis. Then have a Tier 2 and Tier 3. This limits the "issue" of "first raid makes the best."
    I can also split the Visible that way. wrist and hand = tier 1, head, foot, arm = tier 2, legs and chest = tier 3
  4. Funk Augur

The only issue I have is I think dropped weapons should equal ratio of muhbis weapons.
    In which case the item the OP made the thread about would be just as highly desired as the crafted version.

The rotation of what weapons drop in which tier is fine I think.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Whoa, whoa...hold on there. Let's back away from the edge there...

As my math teacher once said … anything that has to be explained by a 3rd order differential equation...is probably too complicated.

All I wanted was to ensure that a majority of any classes primary/secondary items did not get locked behind a final raid again. Remember that (eventually) most of the raids will be handled in an open/more casual raiding group. It's less fun if certain classes will never see a drop for them in the lower tiers. And yes, they CAN get a muhbis. But odds are the melee that got to roll on 2 weapons will win the muhbis...

It sounds like you are considering having more than the current two levels of raid gear. I think that would be a mistake. If history is any guide, raid gear should be simple. Either if I loot a drop, it will be best...or if I loot a ts thing, it will be best (and generally I can use for anything). I think you need to decide if you like ts raid or drops be the top tier, and then proceed as pretty much normal.

If you are looking for opinions on that, I think the RoS model where drops are best and the ts can be used to catch folks up (new recruits, main changes, more chances for open raids). But the TBL model is fine as well.
    svann likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

It's a little sad that there's no aspirational, core item for 3 / 4 caster classes, 3 / 3 priest classes as there is for most tanks & melee, but I'm very happy that for those classes who have such the items are available in the base tier of expansions so that they can face the further challenges feeling equipped for them -- thinking here of Rog daggers, pet focus ears, tank shield, et al. There should perhaps be a reintroduction of "Ancient" spells for classes without class-specific gear drops.

If those get covered early, though, it does make a bit of challenge allocating truly desirable loot to the endboss. I wonder if, in TBL's case, Unfettered Emerald Excellence should have been the sole source of Muhbis, then only dropping those.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Whitecloudx New Member

Heavy Onyx Heart Scepter:Focus: Sympathetic Blaze of Fire VIII
    Ascending Sun Arcane Staff:Focus: Sympathetic Blaze of Fire VIII
    zero dps upgrade for casters, so sad....
  8. Allayna Augur

I'd appreciate a better differential between gear. Lately it seems there is 1 clear BiS item for ALL classes to go after (high AC) as the disparity in class stats are negligible at best (hdex, hagi, hwis, hint).

Make a piece that has 20 hwis/int and 10% more mana, over any counter part gear but sacrifices hp/ac.
    Make hagi/hdex/high ac items have 10 more than their counter parts but has lower mana/end by 20%.
    The numbers are arbitrary here, but the points I'm getting at is that "most" people looking at BiS....are going for the high AC gear.

Also...please don't implement tiered muhbis'.
    Now a muhbis quantity equal to the tier would be nice...

I liked the element of kunark type items in EOK that definitely had some useful effects for casters. I also liked the approach with some simple quested group items (VP) that became some BiS with a raid drop. The crestra's earring was a nice combination of TS/quest/raid for a BiS item.

Items that have niche usage always amuse me in this game. You're a class that has ridiculous long cast times on heals for instance, (looking at you druids)....here's a quested clicky upgraded by a raid drop, enjoy your 1 min clicky that hastens all beneficial spells by 50%, reuse 5 min.
    You get the idea?
    Nniki, Axxius and svann like this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Oh heck no. (if you discount the ultra-rare as a "Tier" which I do, since it's a copy of older stuff.) I have no intention of making 3 tiers of raid gear. There's only 3 tiers of group gear so I can get in the "not-premium" gear for free players.

It was simply a conversation about making the trade-skill tier availability similar to the drop tier availability in raid event terms.

like. 1/2 per raid at tier 1, 1 per raid at tier 2, 2 per raid at tier 3? (this is actually an overall higher average than the current 1 per raid by a small amount 1.167 per raid average) (And yeah, I'm sure you want something like 1 at tier 1, 2 at tier 2, 3 or 4 at tier 3... but there our opinions differ!)

I'm only talking for now. And not YET making decision. Yes, this conversation might shape future content, but is rather unlikely to effect TBL.
  10. Axxius Augur

Speaking about future items... There seems to be some random weirdness (or weird randomness :D) in the item stats.

For example, as a caster, I expect the 'IntWis' items to have more mana, hInt/hWis, SpellDmg and HealAmt than the items made for tanks or melee/hybrids. But that's not always the case. There are too many examples to list them all. Here's one I stumbled upon recently: GMM Range - why does the hybrid item have more mana than the caster one? :confused:

Overall, the difference in stats is so tiny that in many cases it makes sense to go after the only stat that's not completely stagnated yet - AC, as Allayna mentioned above. If you don't think that different archetypes warrant more significant differences in stats, then why bother creating multiple items with negligible difference between them? Just make 1 item that fits all classes (like that GMM hybrid range) and save your time.
    Yinla and Allayna like this.
  11. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Please don't.
    Allayna likes this.
  12. Duder Augur

seconded
    Allayna likes this.