Maybe tweak Selo drop rates a bit?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chalkstix, May 6, 2019.

1. Ajjantis Elder

I can imagine it being difficult, but not impossible.

Right now its kinda impossible to get Storm medallions cause you have certain guilds playing "foul game" with the rest of the server.

Not only is everyone warping around but all mobs are either extremelly well timed or some people found other ways to "track" mobs.

Ive spend 3 days in Storms and as soon as a named spawns the zone turns into a huge mess.

One day the named spawned and within 45 seconds a huge train of 15+ giants killed us, ive sent the training player from that certain pvp guild several tells to stop training us but he just kept trying harder to get us killed.

If they dont train you they'll just bring massive forces and warp all over and out dps you easily.

Since the first day ive started recording again because otherwise i dont believe DBG will punish them.
  2. Ruggar Lorekeeper

We have only had the expansion for a week by the time GoD hits you will be swimming in ethereal and spectral with nothing to do with them. The drop rates go up as you move to different tiers of the planes.
  3. LittleBrumski Augur

Is there a universal setting that you could do to make everything just drop 2x the loot? Like you do for the % spawn chance? Probably not, but just curious.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Isn't the answer in the very post you quoted?
  5. LittleBrumski Augur

It might be. But if Prathun says "No we can't because we'd have to go through the data of every single mob and manually change it, and we don't have the time or resources for it " that would be a non-vague answer people can be satisfied with.
  6. yerm Augur

I have no idea which is more or wildly less feasible, but an alternative would be to just have every npc die twice / create two corpses when killed. This causes double loot, double faction, and double xp.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

there is not.
  8. Ruggar Lorekeeper

Sure there is :)

UPDATE `LootDB` SET `droprateprecentage` = `50' WHERE `itemid` = 12345;

Note: I am kidding :)
  9. Chalkstix Journeyman

Well, I know that other npc's, such as certain Epic drop npc's, like Vessel Drozlin and Verina Tomb for enchanter epic, have had their spawn rate increased on TLPs. Why not do this for important flagging npc's like the named giants in PoStorms that drop medallions for the Bastion of Thunder key? I don't know all the important flagging and progression npc's, but I'm sure someone could easily provide a list, and they could be tweaked to better fit Selo's accelerated progression.

Right now there's a 6 hour respawn timer on nameds in Plane of Storms, and whenever they pop it's not just a dps race, but people are purposefully training each other and doing whatever shenanigans they can come up with to make sure they get the elusive medallions. I realize that the key for Veeshan's Peak was also hard to get, but unlike Veeshan's Peak, Bastion of Thunder isn't the end-game zone of Planes of Power, merely a stepping stone that most people will have to go through.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  10. Rajahten New Member

I can deal with the lower parchment drop rate. The Bastion of Thunder keying however.. that is becoming very frustrating very fast.

A lot of people I have talked to said this server would be better off with 2 months per xpac release. 1 is *too* fast, imho
  11. Chalkstix Journeyman

It could at least be alleviated by reducing the spawn timer of the mobs needed for BoT keys from 6 hours to 20 minutes, or just 1 hour. Would there still be griefing? Yes, of course. But it would also give non-griefers more chances to get a BoT key.

Yes, maybe 1 month is not enough for an expansion, but Selo was always going to be 1 month per expansion. The problem, however, doesn't seem to be that people don't have the time to play through the expansion, but rather that there's not enough stuff for everybody (unless of course you have enough krono to buy all the stuff you need from farmers)