Serverwides are lagging out the server "Selos"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 24, 2019.

1. yerm Augur

In order to answer this, have you ever played on a tlp?
  2. Corydon Augur

Yes, I do play on a TLP. And I'm not trolling. Genuine question :)
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

The server-wide yellow messages that pop up whenever a Classic era raid mob is killed.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Whenever any raid mob is killed. Forever. We're in Underfoot on Phinny. We still get serverwides when old raid targets like Naggy are killed as well as any current raid mobs.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

6. Lateryn Augur

This. I could understand the point of them when servers had no AoC. For keeping timers. But with AoC they are pointless, no one really cares anymore and just adds spam that apparently lags everything else.
  7. Hamshire Augur

8. Corydon Augur

Alright, got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)
  9. Hamshire Augur

bump servers getting even worse
  10. yerm Augur

Still a ridiculous problem that desperately needs fixed. As funny as it is to play a couple seconds of "guess the coming serverwide" when the ch rot stops - it's annoying.

If you cannot isolate why these keep happening, just GET RID OF ALL KILL-BASED SERVERWIDES and be done with it that way. We don't need them or the lag they DO cause.
  11. niente Developer

I don't believe the lag on Selo is caused by serverwide messages. It only appears to be that way because the serverwide message (and other chat messages you are not getting instantly) has been queued, and you do not receive it until it finishes processing. The same problem currently affects all servers. The same lag can occur without also displaying a serverwide message, it is just very common on Selo because of being a high population progression server. Many serverwide messages also do not occur during lag. The cause of lag is something we know about, but requires an extensive amount of time to fix.
  12. yerm Augur

Can you give us a hint at what is causing it? It is possible to have chat lag absent a serverwide, and possible to have serverwides induce no chat lag (and some never seem to, eg fishlord event thank god). But... the correlation is so common that anyone predicting a serverwide when chat lag hits is nearly always right. It's way too common to be coincidental.
  13. Barton The Mischievous

So what is causing the lag???? How long of time is it going to take to fix ??? Why are we not being told??? Define -- extensive amount of time?? 1 Week? 1 Month ? 6 Months ? Go find some other game to play because this is going to take over a year to fix?????
  14. GNOME_POWER Augur

It's better to post the actual delayed video than to post the silly bot's observation video.
  15. a_librarian Augur

it's probably load on the server due to all the picks and raid DZs open at any given time. Just wait for attrition to cut the server population down that will probably be the most realistic solution for this because they aren't devoting major resources to something which they can't sell
  16. Corydon Augur

I never experienced this on Agnarr. But Agnarr is down to 25%* of its original population since the openings of Mangler and Selo, so not that much server stress...

*My personal estimation.