I would gladly pay up to 100$ to move my character from Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RegenCoE, May 5, 2019.

1. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I remember when Agnarr was ready to launch, or had just launched and the community WARNED people it would turn into a prison server. And here we are today. Best to just accept that, while you had fun there while you could, the idea was not a good one for a sustainable server. Everyone KNEW that DBG was going to release a new TLP right around the time Agnarr would hit PoP. You made your choice, even having all the information. I have zero sympathy for you.

That being said, you always have the option to reroll on a newer server.
    jeskola likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

The thing is that there are quite a few players who have no attachment at all to their characters. New server comes along and they'll leave their raid geared main without a single glance back.

The OP is somewhat attached to his character and just doesn't want to do that. Since Daybreak announced the rules for Agnarr up front it's very unlikely that he's got any recourse besides starting over
    snailish and McJumps like this.
  3. Kittany Augur

I have no skin in the current discussion, but I did want to comment on the general idea of your post. For myself, I have a difficult time trying to understand why somebody wouldn't get attached to their characters. But that's mainly because I am one of those who sees the character as an extension of self (And in the olden days, each character I had was a unique personality within the framework of my own; A backstory and a history with the server community).

That is course when I was younger. While I'm not as invested as I once used to be with a character (At least emotionally), the character is still a singular entity that I can experience Norrath through (Or any other game that I am playing). Which is mostly why I haven't left Phinny for the new servers.
    RegenCoE and code-zero like this.
  4. Trevalon Augur

I guess after 7 TLP servers and 50+ characters where 40+ of them are just rotting away on dead servers, you just don't get attached much anymore. Its not about the characters its about the experience.
  5. code-zero Augur

I have two characters that I box and consider to be main characters. The oldest is 19 years old and the other is 11 years old.

These are the reason that I don't do Truebox even if I've made TLP characters in the past. I can't pop on and check something on my primary play server and keep a character up on a truebox server.

Recycling the experience is extremely boring for me now. I can't tell you how many times that my friends and myself have done things like fastest to finish the tutorial or fastest to 20 in a classic newbie zone or going in to find and do really old quests.

I've played non-stop for 20 years so ultimately I find that I can't really understand the excitement for grinding out character after character on a string of servers. I can understand a guy being being unhappy with his server draining for the latest and greatest when all he wants to do is advance his character
  6. Taladir Augur

This is most players on every TLP ever.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Magumas New Member

I think it would be a great idea to give characters from Agnarr an option to transfer to another TLP server that is in a equal expac. I would pay for that. Not like we are asking for them to release further expacs on Agnarr, but just give the people that don't play on that server no more an option to continue on another TLP.
    RegenCoE likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I used to. I'm fairly committed to my Phinigel crew but my Lockjaw, Agnarr and Coirnav characters I abandoned pretty easily.
  9. Seoken New Member

Ehh- surprised they don’t monetize this lol, probably hundreds if not thousands of people would pay $100-200 to switch, just make it so the server you are transferring to is at least 1 expac ahead, period. Lots of money laying out there, easy monetization for DB. I personally wouldn’t pay, because I enjoy the grind :p
    RegenCoE likes this.
  10. The Hated One Augur

WE WANT A SERVER LOCKED AT POP!!! They make one.
    WE WANT OFF THE SERVER THAT IS LOCKED AT POP! ....

I think you made your bed. You slept in that bed. You have to stay in that bed. No, your not going to get a new bed. Nope...no new sheets. No new pillows. No comfy comforters. You are as good as your going to get...because that is what you asked for. If you would like to join another server...make a toon there and play it up just like everyone else did....under the stress and strain of a server launch. No cheating on with your maxed out Time gear. No moving to a server that allows boxing. No sneaking onto FV and selling off your piles of stored gear either. AGNAR FOR LIFE! right? You do not get to pass go and collect $200. You are in Jail...on Agnar...for life!
  11. Spayce Augur

Just merge Coirnav and Agnarr, and let Coirnagnarr continue to unlock as scheduled.

At least we might have 1 server with a decent population. Anyone who still wants to remain PoP locked can do so with ease...just don't go to the new zones.
  12. snailish Augur

They could make $ allowing naked transfers off FV ---even if only to Brekt (the other live "prison" server).

They could make much more allowing FV to any normal live.

Even more if you could take your gear (careful, some of it won't be tradable any more).

The mess up the economy argument is both valid and moot as Krono already rules all economies.

In other threads I have been a proponent of Agnarr being a "training ground" server that is allowed to transfer off onto other progression that pass it. With the lifespan these servers have I think it is a population bump at the right time even if some of the people bring a ton of stuff with them.

But... if they won't cash out the FV transfer opportunity --I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for a progression one.
  13. Piku Elder

EQ players are extremely unsympathetic individuals much of the time, is what I have noticed in general. It seems as though they cast arbitrary judgments of whether someone "deserves" what they get or not. Does it even matter if someone "deserves" their misery or not? Can't people just be human beings and empathize? I guess maybe they can pretend to if you pay them a few krono?
  14. code-zero Augur

Krono have saved the game and TLP are part of the strategy to drive Krono sales. It didn't ruin any economies because without them there's no TLP economies to ruin
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

They can't. They pitched a PoP-locked server and they have to stick with it now. Obviously I'm being a little facetious because they can do anything they want but generally they tend to stick with the rules package they picked for a particular server.
  16. Fluid Augur

I don't think, DB or player base, has got this cornered yet. Player base is like a pig passing through a snake. Most of the player base is at the tail end. I don't have the answers either, just some stuff that would work in a perfect world.

We have a tutorial level on every server, most of them pretty empty. It would probably be better to have some degree of consolidation just like everyone starting in CR. People playing happily together on the beginning server get a transfer to a Live server when they want to pay. I mean Agnarr being locked at PoP could be a good idea if there was some form of progression. I don't know the population distribution other then by doing /w all type requests but it seems like there could be a level 1-30 server, a 30-60 server, and a 60-85 server. that everyone was squeezed into. At least then you'd stand a chance of being able to find a group below level 100. See what I mean? If 60% of the players are level 100+, 60% of the servers should be able to handle those levels. If 5% of the players are < level 30, cram them al on one server so they can find each other. As it is in this hypothetical, you have those 5% spread across all the live & TLP servers which makes them pretty dilute.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Sure, I am sure that having over a year to farm quarm, pop tradeskill mats and plat would give Agnarr players no major advantage over players who have only just hit PoP... What could go wrong?
  18. RegenCoE New Member

Honestly - I'd even be happy with a naked transfer :)
  19. Captain Video Augur

Agnarr to Coirnav would not be a good idea, at least not within the next year. Agnarr to Phinny shouldn't have serious complaints, and I can't see why anyone would fuss over Agnarr to any live server.
  20. Corydon Augur

Well, I personally picked Agnarr for a reason: PoP locked. I want to play on server that is locked in an era I like. So, please no merge.