Please allow PST and Hawaiian time Raiders enough players to Raid High End

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Makaha, May 7, 2019.

1. Makaha New Member

Can you merge Erolissi with either Cazic or Bertox please, the Raiding PST players of Norrath on Erollisi (the only high end pst raiders left) really need some more meat to pump into the raid machine. ~Thanks~
  2. Warpeace Augur

Servers mergers are a no go....per recent Dev post.
  3. Concerned Druid New Member

I read it was a no go atm. Needs to happen or will lose evening PST and Hawaiian raiders.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You can buy a character transfer token.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Just curious...

Do you believe there are 20 PST/Hawaiian players on Cazic that, if merged with the Erollisi server, would automatically rebuild and join the only high end PST guild left?

If so, why don't those 20 players just use 2500 DBG money and go to Erollisi? Or is it that there is not 20 PST players on Cazic that would do that, and you want to merge servers hoping to solve a problem that would not be solved through a merger but rather would be solved through recruitment?
    Tuco likes this.
  6. Nifty Slacker Augur

Why would you merge the entire server for a dozen people? Can't you just transfer yourselves?
  7. complexication Kassina

Echoing the same sentiments. Asking for a server merge because Erollisi/your guild is bleeding anyone capable of farming endgame content is...rather entitled if you ask me? Like, it's a whole lot cheaper to both recruit for more players or buy a transfer token and move than it is to merge servers and have something ultimately break.

Not to mention, there are more people in the world than PST/HST players. I'm sure there are plenty of EST/GMT/etc players who'd be willing to raid on a PST clock if you know, recruited???
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I feel your pain as someone who lives on the west coast and plays mostly during non peak times when I actually have time to play. As others have mentioned though merging servers for a select few to raid is probably not the best use of resources not to mention is there actually any guarantee you will have enough players to form a raid during these times with only merging two servers? If they made just a couple mega servers I think there might be enough numbers but only two probably wont be enough.

It would be nice if there was a dedicated server which does not allow trading. Sell unlimited transfer tokens so players can freely move to and from this server for raiding since cross server raiding will probably never happen. Make the tokens something like 100 bucks to flag the toon for going to and from said server and maybe this would work? Ideally this server would not have an actual population it would just be used as a place for raiding or grouping and then returning to your home server during non raid times or when you don't need to group. This might not even be possible but just another crazy idea to throw out there.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I'm sure there are enough players in every time zone, you just have to convince them to group up.

Some (many) servers are very eastern/very PST.

I'm sure there would be some folks who your time zone fits better and can't raid in the normal guilds due to time conflicts. Advertise.
  10. Cicelee Augur

An idea-

Server transfer is $25. Offer a promotion where if someone transfers to your server, makes it through your app process and becomes full member, and they are guided in good faith and standing for 90 days they receive 2 Krono. This way the kronos kind of replaces the $25 server transfer fee, and 3-4 months is enough time to prevent someone from loot/scoot with 2 kronos...
  11. Duder Augur

Did you see what happened last time Cicelee had an idea? Don't do it, its a trap!
    Zaggran and Zimmzimbob like this.
  12. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Friday and Saturday night raids are kind of prohibitive to RL. If you switched to Saturday Mornings/Sunday Mornings I'd lend a cleric :p
  13. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Also, why run a PST focused Guild, and have raids start at 9pm and go all the way to 1am PST, that's like the opposite of what I'd want to be doing as a player who does in fact live on the west coast, that's late for the people you're aiming to recruit and COMPLETELY disqualifies the majority of CST/EST people from joining you, that's super niche and I'd think anyone who wants to raid those times has already made their way to you, server merge will not resolve that
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

You do realize just about every raid time is already focused on EST/CST don't you. Sure those times work for some PST players but most are not ideal for a lot. Sorry family I wont be having dinner with you 3 nights a week so I can raid. That's not exactly ideal for those in PST with a family. I do agree it's a niche population and merging servers just for these people isn't ideal but it's still a valid complaint for these people who are eager to raid.
    Makaha likes this.
  15. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

But they on a majority start around 4-5pm PST, the issue there for most is getting home from work in time, the jump to 9pm PST and to schedule through to 1AM is pretty large (To me anyway), choosing Friday/Saturday nights on top of that just doesn't seem ideal. I'm mostly just surprised, it clearly has worked for them in the past, but you'd have to think that well is pretty close to being tapped. I'd love to join in for like Morning weekend PST raids, but friday/saturday nights are off limits to gaming :p
  16. Maedhros High King

I was leading raids at 730 PM est while living in Alaska. If it's important you will rearrange some things to be available. If it's not important then why are we even having the conversation?
  17. Filter Augur

NCM will survive it more than likely. I used to be in their guild some years ago and we always struggled to a degree with enough numbers. The were a few of the war's that boxed a cleric bot to help with heals, knowingly that it wouldn't be nearly as good as a main character. Try doing that again until guilds merge cross server? Just a suggestion is all since I raided a good 7 years with NCM.

Cheers
  18. Makaha New Member

Nope, the PST / Hawaiian raiders are not on the same server nor are many pst players willing to transfer servers on their own volition. NCM cannot survive high end without a PST Hawaiian player transfusion with a server merge. It's up to DB they do what they want, but based in SD I would think they would try some manipulation .
  19. Warpeace Augur

Alright not to single out your post.

This is not the first post trying to place the burden on Daybreak and not players in a guild or guilds to try and recruit from their server or other servers that are having low numbers. Daybreak can force a server merge (not a good idea from the last Dev post) but they cant force them to join a specific guild or even want to raid? Raiding is not for everyone and for others it is everything.

Is anyone poking around the other servers chatting with people and maybe put up an add on the boards there in the Guild Lobby? Who is willing to move would it make sense for your members to move or others to start a fresh toon on Emarr or transfer ($25) for some thats a big deal others its not if they save up their Daybreak cash? I'm not seeing any recruitment incentive here to get people to transfer or start new so why would they, it can be a huge pain?

All this NCM cant survive unless Daybreak fixes the problem seems a bit of a reach at this point. Not saying low numbers are fun by any means, it sucks and can be a drain on moral but its also part of an EQ cycle that comes and goes. Hopefully it goes and the numbers increase and more fun can be had.

Just some thoughts. Looking forward to see what can be added that could be beneficial.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

One potential idea is to have a PST preferred server like they have for the European players. They don't need to create a new server but rather designate an existing server. They could pick this server based on which ever server has the highest population during a certain time minus the bazaar, POK, and lobby. Offer free transfers for a certain period and those who are willing to move can and those who want to stay don't have to be forced to relocate. This seems like the least disruptive measure from both a player and developer standpoint.