Vex Thal

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mybag, May 7, 2019.

1. Mybag Journeyman

Dispel isn't much help either when a bard charms it and runs off bard speed. Why they cant just make named, quest and progression NPC's uncharmable but I guess that would be like asking them to fix raid zones like VT where raids drop off the wall behind the temple at the very top so they can get to raid bosses like fake aten, center blob or so they can drag mages to the diablo/thalls then have a cleric rez them from above world and on top of the temple where they drop down in the little crack to get to the other two blobs or to Atens room instead of clearing in like it was intended
    I found this on someone else's post but I have seen this kind a stuff done on our raids as well and I'm wondering why this hasn't been fixed? You guys changed the raid bosses so people cant pull them to the zone in besides the two mini's but didn't touch the bugs where people can drop off the back of the zone or the part on top of the temple or the really bad one where clerics can rez the mage after being dragged from above world. I get that VT sucks to clear but using these bugs to make clearing trivial seems like exploiting and something that should be fixed.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hello new member. I'm glad you've enjoyed your first few days playing EQ. The reason is the devs do not have the ability to easily change zone geometery. This is also why you are able to use Levitation to bypass content in Plane of Fire.
    doah likes this.
  3. Mybag Journeyman

Just because someone doesn't post on the forums all the time doesn't mean they are new and it wouldn't be hard for them to put in a kick to zone in if someone tried to use those area's
  4. doah Augur

As well as disabling lev in plane of fire would fix that issue..still has not been done. Have a good day, New Member.
  5. Mybag Journeyman

Yes, It seems like an easy fix yet they don't do it and its clearly not how the zones are intended to be. Any Dev willing to chime in?
  6. Volts Elder

Look under your name, it literally has the words"new member". Dude was only trying to be nice to you and help answer your questions. Have a good day!
  7. Ruggar Lorekeeper

I will never understand these threads, let ask for something that been this way for years to be fixed because its not challenging... Well I hate to break it to you even if this were fixed it would still not be challenging the Diablo's are a push over with a good raid team and the player power increase over the years.

As far as the Disabling Lev in Fire.. why so you have to go threw the first Mephit filled lava tunnel just to get to tables again which has been this way since release of the content.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

It's a long-running joke.
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  9. suineg Lorekeeper

There are exploits and there are minor improvements to the speed of a group or raid in a zone. Not everything that is a shortcut in an old expansion needs to be fixed when these things are such a short timeframe of being around.
  10. Tullian Journeyman

Sorry but as much as it would suck to do VT the way it was suppose to be done I have to agree that the exploiting to get around all the trash and traps is cheese mode. VT wasn't suppose to be an easy raid zone and the gear is really nice so this just lets open world guilds farm the hell out of VT with low numbers. DBG made it so the bosses leash if pulled out of there rooms but with this exploiting to get around the zone makes it pointless and only made it so raids now can leash the boss with monks if they're going to lose a dps race. So good luck getting them to fix this because the same open world players watch these forums and troll post like this one.

As far as the levi thing in Pofire I see no reason for it to be fixed since its not a major problem. People can get to F1 - tables - C2 faster and raids can get to the mini's a little faster but big deal
    Purelogic likes this.
  11. Purelogic Lorekeeper

I have watched guild leaders train other raids repeatedly to wipe a raid when they had low numbers using the above world exploit, so I for one would like to see this fixed and maybe other guilds will get a chance at open world targets since it would require a larger raid force
  12. yerm Augur

Just remove all the trash. Problems solved.
    Volts likes this.
  13. Sythrak20 Elder

Even if you fixed all the geometry you can still train and rez a coth mage anywhere in the zone. It wouldn't change a thing.
    suineg likes this.
  14. a_librarian Augur

Disable coth in VT. easy
  15. Tymeless Augur

Or Maybe there is no reason for 6-10 hour raids anymore especially on content that is closing in on 17 years old.
    Ruggar likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Simplest solution is to craft and implement a reverse motm for the entire zone.