random rares in older zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, May 6, 2019.

1. Greymantle Augur

Greetings . i have been working the Atisan's prize tasks for the earing aug. Having more than normal issues with a couple of the rare tradeskill drops. First the the Pyrilen Flame . This item is used in a total of ten smithing recepies. Since you need 4 per item for it , this is a pain.
    I have cleared the zone more than a dozen times with ZERO drops, none for sale in the bazar.
    Second is the Forest Kangon Head , spent 4 hours on the weekend looking for this. Got the named to pop 3 times but again ZERO drops.
    Would you mind checking to see that these are not broken?

Pyrilen Flame
    WT: 0.5 Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Stackable up to 20
    NPCs sell this at 12p5g9s6c
    NPCs buy this at 5p7g1s4c
    EQ item ID: 72058

Forest Kangon Head
    MAGIC ITEM
    WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: NONE
    EQ item ID: 66930
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It isn't broken, they're rare for a reason.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sheex like this.
  3. Greymantle Augur

I get the rare part. Each set of recipes has at least one very rare item. Ice of velious for example. Still that i was able to find what i needed without having to spend day's and nights clearing and reclearing mobs praying for a drop. As well the flame is the ONLY item in the whole process that is rare and you need 4 of. I have completed the rest of the seals so i have some practical experiance in finding the materials. These 2 are road blocks. At this time only the flame is the issue. I was lucky and someone had the other drop in the bank on an alt from years ago.
  4. Mintalie Augur

I got uber lucky and had lovely guildees who gave me the flames I needed (ended up needing six, ugh) and I was able to buy all the other items except the Drop of Pure Rain, which I got within five minutes in BoT.

That being said, I spent a couple of nights clearing RSS and had no luck, so I feel your pain. On BB there was one in the baz for like 200,000 and I just couldn't bear parting with that kind of plat. I work hard for the money.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Recommend drinking for the Pyrilen Flame camp.
    [IMG]

You should expect to kill some 1,500 mobs for one.
    [IMG]

And you need 4.
    [IMG]

The head isn't a named drop though, and isn't too bad:
    https://eq.magelo.com/item/66930#dropped
    Wuddane and eepok like this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

At a minimum. Damn you, fails!
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Mintalie likes this.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Heh really anoying thing is i have a completed BP of flames in the bank. I had some flames in an old alt guild bank that i have access to. So i made it up, BEFORE i got any of the tasks , i did not at the time understand you had to get credit for creating it as part of the process. Doh!
  9. Greymantle Augur

Actually, looking at the perceived drop rate on Magelo. The drop rate is < 1% for all 15 of the mob types that drop it. So to complete all the recipies to increase your skill post 300 , you need 23 drops with no fails, and only making one each. That is roughly 2300 mobs not taking into account the rng.

Is why i am asking if the drop rate can be looked at :(
  10. smash Augur

Rare means rare, not something that often drop, I found the drop ratio ok.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Natal Augur

You can get to 300 without using those recipes though. Just do a different recipe and side step those particular ones if you think getting the mats is too much.

Or is that too obvious?
  12. Greymantle Augur

As originaly stated, this is needed for the Artisan's prize task. As well to achive skill 350, it would help if ten recipies were not just to damn much work to use.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

4 is nothing.

Doing smithing to 350 they’re used in powering up the plate magnetized armor. So in reality you need ~24 of them just for that. Samesies with the gelidran iced for the silk? or leather? sets (don’t remember which offhand).

Even skipping some, the pain was real.
  14. Natal Augur

You don't need that many for the artisan prize though, because you are only talking about one recipe, it doesn't take that long to camp what you need for the quests. Having rare items for a task that produces a high end item is reasonable.

And for evolving the aug, as I said before, you don't need to do every recipe. Just skip the ones that involve rare drops.
    Aanuvane and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think the drop rate is fine. There have been many long quests and/or rare drops needed for quests in the game for a long time. Hence the old bypass of using more than one person on the turn in

A few off the top of my head are Jonas Dagmires hand, the Bayles Crest, the skelly illusion that you had to move chess players around to get and the other one from from the place with the sarnak and dragons.

Some of these were super long for the time they were first introduced into game - some of them now are easily done in a few hours.

I am sure you can buy a conflag something in the baz to make up for the Artesians Prize:D

Edit - oh wait you can buy any of those items (ice, head, flame) in the baz if someone is selling and your willing to pay that
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Greymantle Augur

Yes, last one for sale in the bazaar was going 1.2m plat. you need 4 for the item. And yes, this was high end gear, TEN years ago. And I have done the Jonas Dagmire hand and parrot, and the Bayles crest and the skelly illusion and the specter illusion, and the two for the familiar’s and the new effriti mask. So, I am familiar with tasks that take a while.

This drop is from the Wall of Slaughter time period, forget the expansion. So, conflagrate are no use. You must create a SPECIFIC recipe to get the credit.
  17. Greymantle Augur

Just an update for those saying the drop rate is fine. I spent 3 hours on the weekend clearing and re-clearing the mobs for this. Just for kicks i did the blue guys as well so i did not have to sit around waiting for repops. ZERO pyrillian flames, but i did get 2 Geledrian ice. Pity i don't need them, but they have a simmilar usage rate for recipes.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Droprate is fine. 3 hours is nothing.
  19. Conq Augur

Welcome to the pain that thousands upon thousands of proud Artisan Prize Owner's have endured before you.
    Conq
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

So glad I have placed the tradeskill yoke far far far away from my EQ experience.