Selo tradeskill gain rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Pikollo Augur

Thank you for the reply Ngreth. So maybe doing tailoring on a monk was a bad idea for faster gains.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, except for research, each class has the same difficulty for doing a tradeskill they are allowed to do. So a monk has no harder time doing tailoring than a warrior, cleric, or wizard. But Tailoring is more difficult than Smithing.
  3. Captain Video Augur

I am playing on Mangler, not Selo, but... from what I have seen over the history of the TLPs, some players are spending Krono on plat in order to buy mats in bulk from whomever else has farmed them. They say they can turn a nice profit if they are the first to be able to consistently craft the high-trivial stat items. I already have two platinum wedding bands on my War on Mangler, obtained via trade, as they're like trivial 270 and my jewelcrafting sits at 0. The only way to compete with the power crafters on the market, at this stage, without RMTs of your own, would be to commit 10-12 hours a day to TS farming from the day of the server launch, and who really wants to do that?
    YourNameHere likes this.
  4. Pikollo Augur

According to EQT you have about a 69% chance to make something if your skill is 220 and the trivial is 270. The chances to make things isn't really that bad. At 190 tailoring and a 5% mod I'm at 47% to make some of the trivial 250 armors.

But like you said unless you are buying krono (which is not my thing) you'd have to spend hours and hours farming mats to get skill. Currently I'm at a small wyvern camp (8 spawns) that I've been clearing for about 6 hours now and I have gotten about 10 skins. Which brings me back to the point of how fast Selo moves in content and expansions vs other shards. In a couple months Selo will have a new raid expansion every month. New aa's, new armor to get etc. Especially at that point it will be hard to take time out for trades as you're just simply trying to keep up with the content. This is why I think it would be nice if trade gain was a little higher on here. But again, just my opinion.

Also just to emphasize on the krono thing. Kronos go for about 8k here right now, they get pushed up every week. Currently I could get about 30 skins for that price. If I were lucky and get 1 skill in 10 then that was a lot of money to get 3 skill.
  5. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Welcome to tradeskilling in EverQuest. If it's too difficult for you, might I suggest another game with a more casual friendly tradeskill system, like World of Warcraft?
  6. Pikollo Augur

Welcome to not reading the rest of the post lol.
  7. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Rest of the post = "Wah tradeskilling is too slow, I need to be able to be maxed this isnt fair! *stomps feet*"

Maybe they should revert Selo to the old tradeskill system where you have to manually combine everything, but in addition, increase drop rates as you requested.

Tradeskilling is fine. The speed at which tradeskilling can be completed is fine.
  8. Pikollo Augur

Like I said. It was an opinion that it moved fast like the server does. You don't have to come in here and be an to me just cuz I shared an opinion. You're opinion is its fine. I accept that.

And you obviously did not read the post because 1) As I said many times i'm not complaining just sharing an opinion and 2) never said anything about increasing the drop rates only the chance to gain skill.

So if you want to discuss I'm fine with that but take your BS attitude elsewhere.
  9. Gana Augur

I understand your concern, but I think it is more a drop rate than TS skillup rate. Or maybe spawn time can be reduced. However, there are well over 8 wyverns in CS. I don't know if you are running into competition or time constraints as to why you are only killing 8. If it is time, then only increasing drop rate will help you. I am sure a global drop rate of wyvern/drake/etc skins will not impact live, but would it negatively impact the economies of the other TLPs? Maybe kill raptors, panthers and holgresh in Wakening Lands? Or hounds and mammoths in WW? I don't think you can increase the drop rate of hides on wyverns without increasing the hide drop rate on those as well.

Shortening spawn time and/or increasing drop rate of skins are really the best 2 options to help you (in my opinion) without impacting live TS skillup rate.
  10. Pikollo Augur

Thank you for the input Gana. The 8 wyvern thing is something I can do while I work. Its my "cheat time" for playing so to speak. I work long hours, not to mention family/gf/friends etc. So I'm able to keep EQ running on the laptop and have a mage pet kill some wyverns while I work. Otherwise when I get some play time I am clearing most, if not all of them.

I get what ya mean about upping the spawn rate or drop rate and how it would personally help me but I wouldn't want anything to change just because it would help me personally. I know it would benefit others but to ask for a change like that just for me would make me feel selfish.

My main thought when I brought this up was just that the server moves fast xp wise, content wise etc. It seems like the concept of the server was to move everything along at a faster pace and so far I love that about Selo. So why wouldn't trade gain be the same? I know the gain rate is fine where it is and I've come to the conclusion that i'll do a lot more skin farming then xp'ing or gear farming if I want to get tailoring above 250 (and other trades). So my thought was why not just have the skill gain rate match the concept of the fast moving server. That is also IF it could be done for Selo only and not game wide like you mentioned for the drop rates.
  11. Pikollo Augur

Maybe you are right Gana. The drop rate is a little slow. I went around and killed some of the skin droppers in that trivial range. I don't have a huge sample size to pull from except wyverns which I've obviously killed a lot of.

Wyverns 1 in 8 to 1 in 10. Basically after 2 hours of killing the same 8 (repop is 17 mins or so but I called it 20) I got 6 skins in 48 wyverns.

I went to WL to try panthers and raptors. This is the small sample size. I didn't get a Panther skin until about 12 kills then had a second by the 18th. Raptors I got one in the first 5 kills then not another one until kill 20. Haze panthers were to annoying to track down. I killed 2 or 3 and no skins. Holgresh I killed about 20 of (I took down the cave, outside and roamers while doing panthers) and I got one skin.

On the bright side I found plenty of Yew.
  12. Ishbu Augur

This became an interesting/informative thread. I guess I have no excuse to slack on smithing after having done tailoring
  13. Pikollo Augur

If you got tailoring done you shouldn't have a problem smithing. It gets a little difficult farming after fine plate but at least the gains are faster.

Do you mind sharing what path you took in tailoring and what skill you are at?
  14. Ishbu Augur

I'm on mangler so just classic atm at skill 200 and followed almars guide. Farmed it all on my own through wus armor including leveling a chanter to 11 for the mana vials. Then bought components from there
  15. Pikollo Augur

I took the same route as you then. At least to 190. I'd imagine if you did the quivers that was a lot of farming. Probably good money though. They sell pretty good on Selo.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

Its great to see people doing trade skills and as I mentioned before Selo launched it will be pretty important much later the closer you get to live. For anyone actually planning to stay all the way until the server catches live look into the Artisan's prize and how it evolves. Basically you will want to "learn" just about every recipe in game with exception to some things like certain quest recipes and cultural stuff which don't count. Anyone who keeps up with this in era will have a huge advantage over other players and avoid one of the largest time sinks in modern EQ history.