does this exist - Heavy Onyx Heart Scepter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, May 5, 2019.

1. svann Augur

I was looking at caster weapons thinking I may outfit my alt wizard a bit.
    Afaict this has never dropped. And even though we have beat all raids except Mearatas it isnt showing on raid vendor either. Its possible it only drops in Mearatas but I think typically weapons drop in tier 1 raids, not the very last one, dont they?

Removed from game, broken, or only Mearatas? Has anyone seen this weapon?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Mearatas only...and it drops. We got one last week (and another caster 1h!!!)
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

...and yes, it is a questionable design choice to have the primary 2h caster weapon behind the last raid in the expansion (and the 1h offensive proc weapon as well).
  4. Cicelee Augur

Something has to drop from that event..Besides most casters seem to use a muhbis on a 2hb...
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah... SOMETHING has to be there, and whomever's "pet item" is there will hate it.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

You could make it drop tickets to next Rammstein concert....
  7. Prathun Developer

When you open the chest, you hear a rhythmic beat followed by...
    Du.
    Du hast.
    Du hast tickets.
    Du hast tickets to a Rammstein concert.
    Shaantara, RPoo, Thunderkiks and 7 others like this.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Casters got 3 weapons this expansion. The least desirable got unlocked in Tier 1. The two most desirable got unlocked after the last raid - which was assumed unbeatable by the dev who created it. It is a questionable decision to lock the *2* most desirable caster weapons behind the final raid. I cannot think of another class/set of classes that this has happened to in raid itemization.

If would have been nice if you just acknowledged that it was questionable and said you put it on a sticky note to not do it again.

...and yes, pretty much all casters had muhbis caster 2h weapons BECAUSE WE WERE SWIMMING IN COIN before we got to Mearatas.

9. Tutunka Journeyman

Best dev post ever !
    Prathun likes this.
  10. svann Augur

And since casters all spent their first muhbis on a 2H, this becomes alt/recruit loot.
    edit: well if we ever beat it lol
  11. Axxius Augur

Dropped for us 2 times in 4 kills.
  12. john5 Lorekeeper

Unfortunately "hast" translates to "hate". So.. we hate tickets?
    Have / has would be "haben"
    RPoo likes this.
  13. GoneFission Augur

No, the verb haben conjugates to “ich habe” and “du hast”.
    RPoo and Prathun like this.
  14. Scorrpio Augur

Well, you are right about hate, but the post was still funny. :)

P.S. "Rammstein" (from Herzeleid) would likely be a better fit.
  15. feeltheburn Augur

just got one last night
  16. Prathun Developer

Hate is hasst, with 2 s's. And I believe you'd use haben when the pronoun is wir or sie, not du.
    I love that we're having German class here. :)
    Spellfire, RPoo and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  17. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

A common misconception about the song, but the full line is "Du hast mig gefragt, und ich hab' nichts gesagt" which means "You have asked me and I have said nothing".
    Spellfire, Axxius and Prathun like this.
  18. Drayman Elder

Now let's go completely dark and discuss the meaning of the lyrics to "Ich tu dir weh." :D
    Prathun likes this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Maybe I shouldn't have had 2. *BUT*

I have absolutely gotten a significant amount of conflicting feedback about the 2h caster weapon, with many people telling me I'm wasting my time making it.

So... this still goes along with difference of player opinion as well as, someone's always going to hate what I do.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as next time round the melee get the end of the stick instead of the casters. There have always been caster favoured expansions and melee favoured expansions, it is time the pendulum swung the other way and the casters get a break.

2 HB has been better for casters than 1 hander and a shield for a long time, AC means very little to casters with the way the AC tables are set up.