Encyclopedia Necrothurgia is not working correctly on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ManglerNecro, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Gremin Augur

Then it had to be Inny 1.0 loot.
  2. phaeril Augur

Yeah, along with all the other stuff they moved to minis... doesn't really have anything to do with it working differently than it did as recently as a year ago on previous TLPs.
  3. ManglerNecro Journeyman

It was, I had it then. :)
  4. Korzu111 Elder

Slightly related but also slightly off topic - sorry - but what about the Mage Staffs (not the Shovel or Stein, but the Hate/Phinny drops)? Are those supposed to be working now as well, or are those only for 50+ pet spells?
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

They work on 46+ spells (IE the highest classic summon spells).
  6. Korzu111 Elder

I will have to report this as a bug then. I got the Earth staff recently from Hate and when I summoned my Earth pet, nothing was different. People in the Magician channel told me it wouldn’t work until 50+ so I just wrote it off at the time, unless they meant I have to be 50.. which I’m only 49 now.
  7. Korzu111 Elder

I won the Water staff a few hours ago and tested it again. Water pet was hitting for 58 -- 2 more than he should be. So, it works afterall.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  8. ManglerNecro Journeyman

A dev replied to a thread about if a pet has the appearance of an alligator or basilik before this one. :/
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Imagine a world where devs know the answers to some questions immediately offhand, and others require more research before replying. The horror.
    Prathun likes this.
  10. ManglerNecro Journeyman

Finally had time to parse it tonight. The HP of the pet summoned with and WITHOUT the Encyclopedia are exactly the same. This pet focus is not working correctly and needs to be looked at.
  11. Prathun Developer

Seems OK.
    Summoned the level 48 necromancer pet with and without the Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia equipped (Minion of Hate focus).
    The pet summoned while wearing the Encyclopedia was a different NPC file with improved stats.
  12. Nekromancy Elder

Was this on mangler server that you tested the book out on the level 48 pet?
  13. Prathun Developer

Yes. It was tested on the Mangler server.
  14. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Would you mind also testing this on, say, Agnarr, with the same level pet spell and focus? Reports earlier in the thread suggested that the same pet spell on other TLPs gave higher gain off this item than currently on Mangler.

Or does this have something to do with the Era Mangler is in // focus effect limitations of Mangler?
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Did you test it in the Hole? Or did you account for having a jboot buff vs Sow?

WAI it seems.
  16. Prathun Developer

No testing required.
    Pets will absolutely have different stats on a Progression Server that has Planes of Power unlocked versus one that has no expansions unlocked. Since 2015, pets on Progression adjust their stats based on which expansions have unlocked to better approximate their strength in era.
  17. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Thanks, hopefully this will be good enough information for ManglerNecro from page 1.