Cazic Thul is requesting a server merge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Emperior, May 5, 2019.

1. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Character Transfer Token - $25

It's either that or reduce raids to 24 or 30 and watch the resulting hunger games.
  2. Allayna Augur

Merging servers doesn’t make people perform well enough to raid.
    In addition to finishing TBL #2 with our guild raid force, we often host open raids on Xegony. There is a large difference in raiding competitively and raiding with casual players. The difference is usually knowledge and playtime. Someone who trains daily for the olympics vs someone playing a pick up game after school...

There are things that happen within each individual class, that make raids smoother.
    The major differences we take for granted...AE healing and ADPS.
    In a Machin Shin raid, you’ll have coordinations between priest classes on alliances, a CR, AIDS, SoTW and GoL rotations in addition to Paladin, Cleric, Shaman splashes.
    Melee sync their burns to when they have shaman and bard epics and casters call for BW/IoG. Auspice runs AE for almost the whole fight and if not...CoP4 fills the gaps.
    Paragon is AEd and those habitually low mana with get focused....and all of that happens without a word from the RL.

If you have trouble filling raids, it’s usually related to the social aspect of the game...either guild drama/politics/leadership or the lack of farmable content...which becomes circular....
    RandyLahey, Tutunka and code-zero like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Please book mark post #38 in this thread for future questions. They have responded and it can be shelved for now. In a nutshell:

We still have technical issues with merging servers. Sorry, it's just not possible right now.
    Absor, Today at 10:14 AM
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think it would be fair to argue that server mergers would increase every pool of players be it casuals, hard core groupers, casual raiders, hard core raiders etc. That doesn't mean all raid guilds will exist after a merger you may get two raid guilds that don't have enough hard core raiders merge etc.

After the dust settles there will be a larger pool of those who want to and have the ability to raid all together on one server.

Will every raid guild on a new merger server survive? Probably you might end up with fewer but better staffed raid guilds.

Alas it's a moot point since there are apparent technical difficulties in doing any mergers.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Is this something that could be possible in the future?
  6. Tutunka Journeyman

Now this thread not making sense..

SR and Rota are both on CT..

Both are easily in the top 10 guilds server wide..

Why is they are not hurting for players or cancelling raids due to lack of players if this is effecting all of the server ?
  7. Riou EQResource

If medium population is like 50% capacity they would have to do major changes or something to make the game not be a laggy mess when it lags bad as it is already, plus some servers would only be viable to merge with the like lowest pop ones anyway if its a harder limit.

For a server like Cazic this would mean merging with at best a Vox or something which has not much population, which probably wouldn't increase population that much.

For the barely mid-pop servers it would prob be big though
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

you last tried with 2 dead servers (vulak into fippy). seems like time is ripe for Fippy into Brekt for next round of testing.
    snailish likes this.
  9. Telkiney Elder

Certainly there is more than one way to skin a Vah Shir.

Perhaps a whole server can't be merged/migrated due to some technological reason but are server transfers down atm or something?

Couldn't there be a period of time where a free server transfer to X server is available? Or even granted to every character on a server on the extremely low pop size?
    snailish, Yimin and Avory like this.
  10. Belkar_OotS Augur

CT isn't doing so badly. They do have 2 top end raiding guilds. Most servers don't have as many.

Mid and lower end guilds suffer without a large population to draw from that meets their niche. Also most of these guilds only still exist because their core 24 and their satellite 40 fillers make for mid 30s turn outs which is kind of too large to blanket merge with another guild of similar size.

Eventually mid and lower guilds just have to accept that they have to make a choice. Merge with another force and hope it is viable (and lose people in the process), develop a strong reputation that would bring server transfer casuals such as freelance as an open raiding force (which is tough given the defined casual), decide raiding isn't important enough to stress the members over, or decide that it's a person enjoyment item and find a guild that fits their needs.

Most guilds at this level struggle for more than just numbers issues. Their is usually a talent gap too. On my server we have a raid alliance that isn't any further along then the other low number guild on the server despite the fact they have a bench each day.

The hard content would punish the group's too.
  11. YellowBelly Augur

Why do you raiders feel the need to constantly insult casuals? The only thing needed to raid these days in a discord channel and GINA telling you what to do. Whoop-de-do. Real raiding ended a long time ago.
    mystic37 and Krisiun like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is it the same/similar problem with account transfers?
  13. Lisard Silly

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL *Gasp* LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    feeltheburn, Allayna and Cailen like this.
  14. Tolzol Augur

I mean when is a long time ago? And you say whoop-de-do but a lot of people still don’t seem to get it right even with Gina telling them what to do. And that’s just for the following directions part of raiding, the skill level side of things i will agree most casuals do lack the knowledge/skill to really be useful, granted the same can be said for a lot of “raiders”. I really don’t see the difference in raids from now and the past at least 10 years except maybe more emotes. And prior to that raids were even simpler so not sure when “real raiding” was i guess? Unless you just mean having to compete for open world targets? Lol.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. smash Augur

And with the late dev post, there no server merges, because of problems.

And honestly, this server is one of those that is not needed to merge with another server, because of having a good population and have top server guilds as well.
  16. Tutunka Journeyman

So .. SR and Rote neither of them are having issues filling this raid roster.

It's basically only the lesser raid forces .. to include freelance ?

Yet it's less then 10 people on this thread that want to force an entire other populations of players to play with them because nobody will play with them on their server ?

Got it. That's pretty much this thread in a post.
    mystic37 likes this.
  17. Tutunka Journeyman

If I were a dev after seeing all the newly created forum accounts that have only posted on this very thread I'd post saying no free transfers your more then welcome to purchase a transfer any time you feel the need to.
  18. Spellfire Augur

Seeing as only 5 guilds beat Mearatas, prob need more then just GINA/discord.
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  19. Cailen Augur

and a gap that large is not gear it's skill, I'd gouge my eyes out and knock myself out beating my head on my keyboard..... or I'd raid with Freelance on my mage
  20. Drogba Augur

We appreciate the response. I hope this is high on the priority list. How many extinctions(retired players) and habitat losses(active guilds gone inactive) must occur before the planet becomes but an empty wasteland.
    Yendar, Ratbo Peep and Metanis like this.