Casting Slot 18 and 19 Augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forcallen, May 3, 2019.

1. Brohg Augur

they all work for enchanters. next?
  2. Morthakia Augur

Or, as a caster, you can slap on an Assaulting Aug and start meleeing AND casting, taking advantage of both augs?
    RPoo and Sancus like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

What do you know about the next expansion? Spill the beans!
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Nope. For the same reason. The expansion is about fire and earth (I chose magic for that)
    RPoo likes this.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Many can grab defending, I know the proc rate atm is horrid, with melee and take advantage of both. You can't tell me casters proc'ing a spell being limited to one specific resist type to proc is equivalent to melee proc'ing spells from any single combat type. He set them up poorly with casters being limited and held back and melee free to do whatever and if the fear is hybrids running three at a time then put the melee proc and casting proc in the same lore group as they should have been. Sorry battle mages but I would much rather a casting proc augment proc on all my spells then leave it as is for the minority of casters who are heavy fire casting and that like to melee.
  6. Cicelee Augur

I thought all this time this was a fire and air expansion. Guess I was mistaken...
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just accept casters got the shaft and hope for the best next time.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Under TBL Progression Achieves there is Writ of the Jann General for completing T3 raids flags. This is similar to EoK when we had the Seal of Charsis for completing T3 and was used for RoS. My first thought when I saw that was TBL will be the first part of another 2 part series like EoK/RoS.
  10. svann Augur

fire = fire
    air = magic
    earth = disease
    water = poison

Just a guess
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

But its gonna just continue. If the next ones don't share a lore group with these any melee will be free to run 4 procs and have to do nothing more than turn on auto attack. Many casters will either not qualify to proc them or only cast one qualifying spell every so often as most casters don't spam one resist type exclusively. So it just keeps doubling down.

It should either be flavor for all and only one melee type per resist proc or flavor for none and any detrimental cast procs them like a normal sympathetic proc. Its bad enough that casters dont gain anything near the same as melee from the heroics never mind there being no accuracy equivalent for casters.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Part 1: The Burning Lands, comprised of fire and air

Part 2: The Muddy Lands, comprised of earth and water

Make it so!
  13. Riou EQResource

A Song of Ice and Fire
    Mintalie, Jhenna_BB and Sancus like this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Only if there's a cameo of a Starbucks Coffee on the table.
    Yinla and Riou like this.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

RPoo likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still doesn't give us any cold
    RPoo likes this.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

Yeah thats part of the concern. Not every caster has every resist type nor does any caster spam one type only. Though at least 2 spam fire regularly enough when its able to be used the rest tend to spam multiple resist lines. Yet melee who might very well only spam one melee type is free to proc anything not in the same lore groups from any type of standard melee attack.

Fire
    Magic
    Disease
    Poison
    Cold
    Corruption
    Chromatic
  18. Natal Augur

Do melee procs operate independently for all of the augs or do they all run off the same check though? If they run off the same check then it doesn't matter if any kind of melee type can proc. The actual proc rates can be controlled independently, so melee might proc at some lower rate than spell casting for example.

If that is the case then it is irrelevant that they can proc off any melee type, the overall proc rate rate will be the same for both casters and melee, irrespective of what aug they have (provided it checks against at least something currently being used).

To answer that question (without access to the actual code) you would need some data in the form of parses I think. Does anyone have such data? So we can have informed discussion, otherwise you might be arguing about a problem that isn't a problem.

Outside of the procs/effects, the augs have value in that they add to your AC/hp, so even if one has an effect that is "useless", the aug still has value as an aug.
  19. Thundastruk Elder

Can the europhia casting magic be taken a look at for bards? Bard nukes are magic based and it would be awesome if it would work for bards!!

On another note the challenger reward converted aug procs chromatic but it’s fully resisted on ALL raid boss mobs. I always thought chromatic type spellls had the lowest resist chance.