Fight Fire drop rates reduced?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, May 3, 2019.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

I have 334 runs so far, gotten 4 rings total. I haven't seen a ring in over 2 and half months doing the mission on average twice a day. I have gone 41 in a row runs with zero chase loots (no boots, gloves, shoulders or rings), which has been in the last month.

Given the requirements to be able to evolve, the ability to get the chase loot, and then the steep leveling curve, I think the drop rate should be upped regardless if it was reduced or not, perhaps I'm a victim of the random number generator.

Thanks,

Ruven
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I've also been experiencing a multi-week drought on FF drops.
  3. svann Augur

Guess ill have to get back to FF and show you all how to loot.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Boots seem extremely common, seen them far more than any other drop. Ring seems to be the rare one.

We have had a spout of not seeing anything and then a run of something dropping every other run.

Would be nice to have a way to trade 1 item in for another, its bad enough that they are rare, but when you keep getting the others are not the one you want it can be extrememly frustrating, especially when everyone in the group is only missing the ring!
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Took us a loooong time to get the first ring to drop. Now, we've got 3 people waiting on boots. =\
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'm still getting items. Not the gloves that I need, but I'm getting items.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Chase loot. Mission: Successful.
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. roth Augur

Its possible, if you know what to look for, to have an idea if any chase loot is going to drop from the Final Four.

Granted, you cannot tell what the loot will be. When I was farming the chase loots for my two characters, I observed that the djinn would drop the ring and the boots, the armors the gloves and the shoulder. And it appeared to me that the drop came from a specific one of the pair. But I’ve since seen screen shots that showed things otherwise, that it was just coincidence.

My best advice is, if you are running it for the chase loot, figure out the tell for whether something will drop. And then if you (as will be likely) don’t get any indication of something dropping, don’t kill any of the Final Four, just drop and re-get the mission.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Boots just dropped. Been a long dry spell before.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Each of the four mobs has a chance to drop each of the chase items.
  11. Symbius Augur

Don't forget.. you have to kill each one between 3pm and 5pm game time in order to get a drop. If you miss your window, just keep them rooted and wait.

Your chances also increase substantially if you drink a Pod of Water as soon as one dies. This one is tricky to time it perfectly on the kill shot, but the rewards are amazing.
    Mintalie and Metanis like this.
  12. roth Augur

Indeed. I never claimed otherwise. Instead, I reported what I observed, then how screenshots others have posted showed it to be just a coincidence.

I did not say what the tell is. Kindly do not post bad information in this thread. And no, neither of those things was the tell. And yes, if you know what to look for, there IS indeed a tell that something will drop. Sadly, it can be easy to misread and you may be left with a Primordial Dynastic Radiance instead of the chase loot you want, but that’s just a matter of being careful with whether or not you’re reading the tell right.
  13. Cicelee Augur

I have found a tell to ensure that the group does not get any of the FF items to drop. Just send me a tell and invite me to the mission, and I can guarantee no drops will occur...
  14. Frael Elder

Why not? No one's going to give this claim any credibility until you post some real information.
  15. smash Augur

Not reduced, got boots,hands, ring,shoulder not long ago, and friends got items as well.

Learn what random is..
  16. Mintalie Augur

WTB tell PST
  17. Tucoh Augur

I got shoulders on Saturday. Gave it to a poor soul who said he was going to do all the collections to level it up. I felt like Gandalf handing the one ring to Frodo and telling him to go to mount doom.
    Winnowyl and Metanis like this.
  18. Fian Augur

One thing to keep in mind is there are 2 timers to consider. There is the /taskt timer that determines when you can request the FF mission. But Alt-Z also has a loot timer. Based on what my guildmates have told me, you won't get any chase loot if you grab the FF mission while alt-z still has a timer. My guildmate was only getting drops for his first run in the morning, and none later in the day because he didn't wait for the alt-z expedition loot timer.
  19. smash Augur

This is OLD news, and people knows it. I am sure people posting knows it and thats not their lack of knowledge, was said clearly in beta.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Even if said timer expires while doing the mission? Well, fml.