Mounts and run by

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, May 5, 2019.

1. lancelove Augur

Something that has bothered me for years is the amount of run by past the point you want to stop while on a mount. I get it if you are running at full speed on a horse and you want to stop on a target you will probably pass it. But if you are 10 ft from a target and you run past it...then back up and you go past it...sort of like movement underwater....
  2. Cicelee Augur

Because horses can stop on a dime in real life...
    smash and Verily Tjark like this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Momentum is a hell of a drug
    Fanra likes this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

I mean if they did, can we go flying off the front like you would irl?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

In-combat momentum on mounts is garbage and should just be removed. Just make the movement mechanics the same mounted or dismounted.
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. svann Augur

Add an aa
    Call it Equestrian Mastery.
    Gives you perfect control of your mount in combat.
    jeskola, Fanra and Tucoh like this.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I believe this was to combat the fact that you are considered sitting when on a mount. It prevents abusing that fact by not counting you as sitting until you stop moving.
    smash likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea its pretty stupid. If you got agro its like your on ice and if you don't your able to stop on a dime np. Prob had something to do way back in the day to make it harder for kiters to kite mobs or something.

Andarriel
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Bonus on a mount you get to med. Negative stopping is crap. Trade off. They could take away medding on a mount and let them stop on a dime if you like.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

I notice certain premium mounts are way better in this regard. I got TBL Collectors on one account for housing teleporter, and lava snail mount is an incredibly smooth ride with practically no inertia.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I dislike being on a mount because there just seems a huge amount of "movement lag" whenever I move on a mount. Any kind of movement is like moving through molasses or like moving in zero-g (no weight but lots of mass).
  12. Tucoh Augur

Even in combat?
  13. Scorrpio Augur

It is used by my boxed mage who does not need to move much, I will re-check tonight to make sure.
    The carpet is used by a chanter alt, it definitely got a bit of momentum to it.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Tanols Augur

want to stop on a dime ... easy .......... click off mount:p
  15. Conq Augur

I've found several mounts do behave differently. Some of the best stop-on-a-dime mounts for me have been any of the spider models. The commemorative coin reward spider for instance has no glide for me.
    Conq
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

I luv my snail mount for the style...

#ridetheslime
  17. smash Augur

Gotta say: NO, you already have the advantage of being able to meditate.

IF it happens, they should then remove the ability to meditate when on mount.
  18. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  19. shiftie Augur

If you turn on auto run and click an aon it will stop you immediately after all these years using the paladin mount I’m so used to the momentum, I don’t think I’d like if they removed it
    Yinla and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  20. smash Augur

I guess he old and still using diapers, Superman