can we please fix the mystery lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kissia, Apr 23, 2019.

1. kizant Augur

It's silly but one thing that's helped a few people is redoing your UI. Like close and reopen/position windows. Keep your spam window open but off someplace to the side. Don't minimize things and turn off the chat tab highlighting. And use /clearall when things slow down a little.
  2. Deathly Elder

I did a download and complete reinstall of EQ and all my lag has vanished.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

I have not been able to log in much in the last month or more but the couple of times I have logged on all I have had energy for was organizing my houses. Removing and placing items in the closet was painfully slow with significant lag around one second or longer per item being placed or removed. Nothing combat related and only one account running vs my normal 8. I will have to look into my antivirus and see if that fixes things as some have suggest. There certainly is something causing lag though and I would not be at all surprised if it had something to do with windows as over the last couple of years various updates have not played nice with EQ for me.
  4. chocster Lorekeeper

Extreme lag here as well, and mysteriously since GMM was launched.
    - 10-15fps
    - game is unplayable during raids
    - Chat window #3, when I open it, it will completely crash EQ as well
    - Chat window 3 is wher all my damage/spells/DS is filtered through

*Dont give me your "My system works great so it must be your system bra..."
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Step 1: Turn yer log off. IF that clears your issue, turn yer log on, and see Step 2.
    Step 2: Make an exception for your EQ folder in whatever anti-virus program you have. Norton, McAfee, Windows Defender. Whatever.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Something's wrong with your hardware, your drivers, or your game. Sorry.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

And yet my system works great. Try deleting your char.ini. See if things improve.
  8. Shanarias Augur

Actually, it happened immediately after I joined an ENORMOUS guild on that character. The issue has since resolved itself. My hardware is vastly superior to the average EQ player. :D :D
  9. Tucoh Augur

Anyone getting lag after doing Step 1 above? Doing Step 2 cleared up all the problems for me.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Doesn't mean your drivers or game aren't at fault. No one ever wants to admit the problem lies with their system. Glad your issue is resolved.
  11. Shanarias Augur

I have MANY characters on MANY servers. This problem began on that ONE server (Xegony) with that ONE character (Foreldarx) IMMEDIATELY upon joining Lions of the Heart. This was also on patch day, and I believe it had something to do with the way EQ looks at logs. I did absolutely nothing to resolve it. After the second day of it, with repeated logouts and restarts, it was gone. I have no interest in being the one who is "right" here. I am merely pointing out my observations. :D
  12. Slayerwolf Elder

Yep.
  13. someanonguy New Member

Is it possible to turn off logs (I never use)? I looked on options but couldn't find.
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

/log off

But you’d be better off fixing your windows defender settings.