Charm + Gate needs to go away

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dilf, May 3, 2019.

1. Dilf Augur

This nonsense needs to be fixed. There is a local enchanter on Mangler who literally sits around waiting for AC to spawn in OOT, charm it, gate, and sell the LR for kronos. Even if people mash their dispels as soon as the charm lands, it's not enough to clear all the dots/debuffs before he is gone. It's going to get worse with Kunark in 4 weeks.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  2. Kahna Augur

Find out where he is gating to. Be there waiting for him.
  3. Dilf Augur

I've been trying to locate his bind spot. No luck yet.
  4. a_librarian Augur

Do you have any characters with bind sight? Use that on them after they gate if you do
  5. Kahna Augur

This presumes you didn't cast any dots or debuffs on the mob when you were fighting it. As dispel would remove them before getting to the charm. Require it to be cast multiple times, giving the gater time to get away.
    Dilf likes this.
  6. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Pretend to be a buyer and you'll know.
  7. phaeril Augur

It's crazy seeing people upset about charm gating AC, things don't even get into high gear until Kunark.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Make your own chanter?
  9. FL!P Augur

Welcome to the new everquest.. Autism City. big reason why my subs are cancelled. Been back and forth trying to find a good fit, and the sad truth is it just isn't one. The sadder part is most of these ppl are 30 years of age and older. This is the reason why instanced games became so big.
    When EQ dropped we were so happy to be interacting, EQ was more or less an instant messenger with graphics. People were still pricks, but far from the routine that we have now. Now EQ has the WoW mentality of everyone is ever so awesome and entitled to everything, because well hey they deserve it right!
    Almost forgot to include the pathetic groups of ppl making a living off krono in this game. Eq could still be great, sadly ppl suck more and more each day and nothing can change that. I guess I could make a box group like so many others, but if I'm gonna play by myself, I can find a much better single player game to do so.
    Either you can learn to tolerate the community that EQ has become, or just accept the game is what it is and finally move on.
    The hard fact is that it will not get better, just keep getting worse and worse. Learn to equip blinders or your time in EQ will be miserable, cause daybreak doesn't have a single Phak to give.

My fave part is where you bring up a genuine problem for many people, and instead of support and understanding. You get.....
    "t's crazy seeing people upset about charm gating AC, things don't even get into high gear until Kunark"
    "Make your own chanter?"
    "Dispel casts way faster than gate."

The forums are usually not the best place if you are seeking help. All people do here is flame each other and belittle each others issues.
    YourNameHere and Dragon Jockey like this.
  10. Drakkal Elder

This kinda thing will not get better without a real GM presence and DBG has proven repeatedly they just dont give a F.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  11. Overcast451 Augur

Would it make sense to just have the charm automatically dispell like invis would - on the gate spell? I can't think of a legit situation really, where you would want your charmed pet to move with you, when you gate - only a$$-munchery like this.
  12. Drakkal Elder

I agree, but you better address Bards charming and running off as well.
  13. snailish Augur

Just make the ancient cyclops uncharmable.

Doesn't stop anyone killing it.
  14. john5 Lorekeeper

NO Carlos Mencia quotes. Just, no.

He 100% was confirmed as a joke thief and YES "Dee dee dee" originally meant re tar ded, that's how he used it, and in fact he originally said "DURR DA DURR" and changed it later because he was getting heat for using that sound, as well as "re tar d" as a derogatory term.
  15. Quik Augur

Simple solution is make ALL unique mobs uncharmable. Any mob that drops unique loot. Problem solved.
    YourNameHere and Dilf like this.
  16. Fluid Augur

I will be sorry for this, eventually. I was on Mangler yesterday, I saw a group of players killing cyclops and figured the high level Enchanter was just there power leveling them or something. Sorry to hear they were kill stealing.

Here's a word and one of the reasons why I usually say this type of behavior doesn't bother me too much. You know there is more then one AC spawn in the game don't you? Sheesh, no skin off my nose . I even have a set of Journeyman Boots on my Druid there. hehe. I was thinking about getting another couple of pair for 2nd account but the heck with it. You should have a clear shot at the second spawn site at least as long as it takes for the Enchanter to figure it out what is going on. I haven't checked out the spot lately so I don't know if VI, SONY, DB, ??? changed the spawn tables & it is at least as slow as killing Seafury Cyclops to get the AC to spawn. I would tell you where, but I figure you are smart enough to find out and I don't want to make it any easier for grieffers to find you. I may drop by in game to see if you are there. Don't worry, I don't KS, just a gadfly. :)
  17. Dilf Augur

Easier said than done. Most people killing in OOT or SRo are solo, except for that instance in OOT last night. The enchanter in question seems to always around the AC spawn, and when it gets charmed, it starts pathing up into the hill/mountain where Gornit spawns, where targeting is near impossible. Most people don't run with dispel on their bars, but I always do now. The problem is stripping off the dots before he gates, and that's only if you can get the spell to cast as the AC is pathing through a point you can't cast on him. Trying to get 2 dispels off prior to gating is not happening.
  18. Purelogic Lorekeeper

They really don't and personally I think they only care about rerolling TLP's for the classic to luclin expans because of how much krono is made. I have mentioned that they should just make it so the rare marked mobs are uncharmable then do the same with the progression mobs but nothing. Even now there is a broken NPC in The Castle of Mistmoore ( Eirod Haerod ) that people are using in every pick right now to powerlevel people for krono… a NPC that on mayong, fippy was unable to attack or cast on and now magically its charmable
  19. Hadesborne Augur

To Fix enchanter: Make charm drop when Gate/CoH/etc are completed.

To Fix Bard and Bard speed chanters: Make charm drop when player goes out of range. (instead of mob warping to the player) Or Make the mob NOT warp to the player if it is charmed.
  20. Shanarias Augur

FL!P posted:
    This. I am currently subscribed to this game. I have dealt with my share of griefers, and there isn't much to be done about it from where I sit. I just hunt somewhere else for a while. I am truly not a good enough player to be involved in the problems I see posted here, but the kind of player referred to in this thread pervades the game, at least in my experience. I have seen high speed KS go on even in the Tutorial on Live, and I have seen it in every expansion I have played. No one has ever done anything about it.

Goes with the turf.
  21. code-zero Augur

There are more than a few stories about members of the original Guides snapping and doing stuff like summoning players under raid dragons and binding them their to create bind death loops. Outsourcing overseas resulted in extremely poor enforcement of pnp.

No human will be able to tolerate dealing with first to engage, camps and kill stealing disputes and that’s why on live they ended that on live well over 10 years ago.

I personally believe that Daybreak has learned that lesson the hard way. Don’t expect to see attempts to bring that back ever again