Everquest Platinum Connection Error.........

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by §hai'tan, May 4, 2019.

1. §hai'tan New Member

Unbelievably I had a copy of "Everquest Platinum" unopened since forever. I've gotten thru the entire Disc installation done, however when I attempt to open the game from the Desktop Icon , I get a dialog box stating "Patching Everquest" ... but then it just says connecting and eventually gives up. I've turned off any Anti Virus programs, etc. I'd accept any advice. Thanks in advance.
  2. RedFalcon New Member

Just grab the latest installer from the website or Steam if possible. The old patcher may rely on Sony domains that no longer exist.
    Tucoh and Shanarias like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you read the reviews on the platinum discs you will see no one has been able to get them to connect for quite a few years. Even after following all the standard fixes.

Better go to www.everquest.com
    - Choose the link "Play free"
    - Create an account, if not done already
    - Click on the link "Download the game"
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am fairly sure that it was an intentional thing that Sony did, they updated to a newer (more secure) patcher but only had the update for it redirect for so long before they intentionally stopped it from getting that update. That was all long before the current launchpad was even a thing, and as someone else mentioned where that patcher is looking for updates from probably doesn't exist anymore.
  5. madent Journeyman

lol op , what kind of drug u been using? mind to share some?