Never Played EQ: Good tutorial wanted

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by 1Mouser1, May 4, 2019.

1. 1Mouser1 New Member

Having never played EverQuest in any form, I am looking for a comprehensive tutorial guide -- that I can read and does not depend upon sound to explain something. There must be some expeienced players that can direct me to locations with game guides that also are tutorial in nature.
    If not then I will move on to some other online game that does in fact provide easy to find tutorials for beginner players as I have found the chat system is semi-useless if you do not understand it. Those tips that pop up constantly were nice but semi-useless if you do not understand basics underlying the game.
    Think me a fool if you want, since you probably have grown up with video games but there are some of us who have not. Some of us have not had an interest in computers/games/cellphones. Perhaps if I ask you to program in COBOL without any instructions you might better understand my frustration with this game.
    So any websites or other locations that may help with learning and understanding EQ, will be appreciated.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That link requires you to subscribe which I would advise against. There is too much info free.

It sounds like you did get into the tutorial? You mentioned all those pop ups - yeah they are annoying in the tutorial - but outside of the tutorial you won't get them. Unless you click the "?" in the upper corner on the windows.

Ok there is a lot to learn in this game and even at high levels many of us constantly use Google to look up a quest or armor or weapon or other things. And many things are out of date since so much changes in the game.

I think this is a nice guide to get you started even though it shows free to play - it would be good for anyone starting.
    https://almarsguides.com/eq/freetoplay.cfm

See how that works for you and questions are always welcome here.

The chat windows are a mess due to the recent "upgrade" to tabbed chat windows. There is a way to clear them up so its a little better - I will check back in and post that tomorrow unless someone else does first.

Welcome to the game!
    Hawkwind and Shanarias like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok here is how to make those chat windows work better for you.

Once your logged in look for the grey or blue button that says EQ - it is with a gold button that shows DB. They are together and cannot be removed from your screen. You can hide them later if you want.

So if you left click on the blue one a list drops down. On that list you will see "options" click that.

Another screen pops up and on this screen on the left look for "Use tell windows" - its about 8 down.

Make sure the box is clear - that means its unchecked. A checked box shows bright in the box or silver depending on your computer. You can make it active or inactive by clicking on the box.

Now this will send any and all tells you get to the main window and you can close any of the other chat windows that were popping up all over.

Hope this helps!