Casting Slot 18 and 19 Augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forcallen, May 3, 2019.

1. Forcallen Augur

Is there a reason the caster proc 18 and 19 augs are limited to proc by resist type? As in only fire spells can proc the fire proc and only magic spells can proc the magic proc. Instead of the typical situation of any qualifying detrimental spell being able to proc them.

[46704] Blazing Euphoria Casting Fire
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Burst of Flames VIII on Spell Use (Base1=10) e.g. Cast Time 2s=2.5% 3s=3.3% 4s=5.0% 5s=6.7%
    2: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    3: Limit Resist: Fire Why limit this?
    4: Limit Resist: Lowest
    5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP
    7: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating

[46706] Blazing Euphoria Casting Magic
    1: Cast: Spike of Magic VIII on Spell Use (Base1=10) e.g. Cast Time 2s=2.5% 3s=3.3% 4s=5.0% 5s=6.7%
    2: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    3: Limit Resist: Magic Why limit this?
    4: Limit Resist: Lowest
    5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP
    7: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating

The melee versions appear to work the same as normal and any type of melee can proc either the fire or magic. Its not oddly broken up like 1hb, h2h, 2hb and throwing proc the fire type and then 1hp, 1hs, 2hp, 2hs and archery proc the magic type like the casters version.

[46698] Blazing Euphoria Assaulting Fire
    1: Add Skill Proc: Burst of Flames VIII
    2: Limit Skill: 1H Blunt
    3: Limit Skill: 1H Slash
    4: Limit Skill: Hand to Hand
    5: Limit Skill: 1H Pierce
    6: Limit Skill: 2H Blunt
    7: Limit Skill: 2H Slash
    8: Limit Skill: 2H Pierce
    9: Limit Skill: Archery
    10: Limit Skill: Throwing

[46700] Blazing Euphoria Assaulting Magic
    1: Add Skill Proc: Spike of Magic VIII
    2: Limit Skill: 1H Blunt
    3: Limit Skill: 1H Slash
    4: Limit Skill: Hand to Hand
    5: Limit Skill: 1H Pierce
    6: Limit Skill: 2H Blunt
    7: Limit Skill: 2H Slash
    8: Limit Skill: 2H Pierce
    9: Limit Skill: Archery
    10: Limit Skill: Throwing
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

3. Forcallen Augur

Holy fast reply!

I don't agree with that take considering it limits the caster one a whole bunch but why don't the melee versions have "flavor" then?

From my limiting testing, couldnt get it to drop, it seems to have the standard proc rate despite now being limited to proc from a small portion of my casts. Either only my fire spells or only my magic spells so any corruption, disease, poison, cold or the opposite of the aug spells no longer qualify. Seems like if the "flavor" aspect is there to limit what can proc it then the proc rate should at least be increased by a bit. And like I said the melee versions aren't limited to odd segments and any 1hp, 1hb, 1hs, h2h, 2hb, 2hs, 2hp, throwing or archery will proc either always per the norm.
  4. smash Augur

Curious, is there a cold serie of augs as well ?
  5. Lianeb Augur

The defending augs really need a look at.

I can equip the gmm belt that has the same restrictions on it for casting and get a few procs per minute.
    Equip a defending aug and get a few procs an HOUR
    Tutunka and Sheex like this.
  6. Morthakia Augur

I keep my defending augs in storage: the storage that items go to after you delete them because the proc rate is TERRIBLE!
  7. Duder Augur

Yeah, I cant imagine the defensive proc ones are working as intended because they don't work to the extend that would make it an item worth using over a different one, if they are working as intended then they are most certainly the booby prize augment
  8. kizant Augur

Fire/Chromatic, Cold/Magic or something would have been nice. it is a little weird atm since casters that depend on fire don't really have much of a choice. One option you'll get use out of 90% of the time and the other not so much.
  9. Lifeshriek Augur

Yeah, cold and or poison on one of these would be appreciated, preferably cold coming from a beastlord's perspective as we can't make use of any of the casting portion of blazing euphoria / whispering midnight casting augs at the moment:(.
    kizant likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Also disappointed in the defending augs. I was hoping to have something of a secondary riposte on my warrior that would encourage me to engage in high-risk, high-reward situations by pulling additional mobs.

It's going to be tempting to delete and replace it with the Assaulting Fire/Magic augs if they drop, since this the low proc rate has been known about for a while and I doubt Ngreth is going to change it.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

Some of these procs break mez. I wonder if that's by design or accident?
  12. Kezik Lorekeeper

[IMG]
    RPoo and Metanis like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How does the proc work with spells that can cast either a fire or an ice spell?
  14. Sancus Augur

It depends on the attributes of the container spell and the fire spell. It will only proc off of a fire spell with a 100 mana cost that uses SPA 0 or SPA 79. I don't know what spell you're referring to, but my first thought of a fire/cold nuke was Summer's Tempest. It should proc off of Summer's Tempest Burn, as it meets all of the requirements:

[55618/11727] Summer's Tempest Burn III
    Classes: RNG/109
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 100 -> Mana req satisified
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Fire -> Resist req satisfied
    Reflectable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.75s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 8758 -> Uses SPA 0
    2: Stacking: Twincast Blocker
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was thinking of Etheral Braid
    Mana: 567
    Skill: Evocation
    Casting Time: 3
    Recast Time:36
    Fizzle Time: 1.5
    Resist:Unresistable
    Resist Adjust: -1000
    Range:200
    Time of Day:Any
    Fizzle Adj: 190
    Deletable:No
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable:Yes
    Dispellable: Yes
    Interruptable:Yes
    Timer: 12
    Target Type:Single
    Spell Type: Detrimental
    Source:Live 04/17
  16. kizant Augur

Braid casts Skyfire in a similar way that Summer's Tempest casts Summer's Tempest Burn.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Starkxx Journeyman

Can the europhia casting magic be taken a look at for bards? Bard nukes are magic based and it would be awesome if it would work for bards!!

On another note the challenger reward converted aug procs chromatic but it’s fully resisted on ALL raid boss mobs. I always thought chromatic type spellls had the lowest resist chance.
  18. Brohg Augur

I presumed Cold & Poison/Disease versions would come with the follow-on second half of e.planes expansion that would (again presumably) be focused on earth & water planes (demiplanes of, like, mud & frost & ... stuff)

It looks like we're headed back to Velious, but that doesn't mean the elemental links are out - Rallos patron diety of Giants has "a history" with The Rathe, after all, and there's those anomalous & mysterious Kedge hanging out in Kael's frozen pools
  19. Cailen Augur

Yay absolutely worthless to an enc ie: no enchanter flavor
  20. ShadowMan Augur

It just doesn't make sense. You have some casters that can't use them because they don't have those resist types or that might only have 1 in 10 casts qualify. Meanwhile yellow mana users can proc from any weapon type and any standard attack type. I am pretty sure he didn't limit the fire melee one to 1hs only and the magic melee one to 2hb only for a reason, even if down the line he later adds more for other melee types. So it doesn't make sense that its just flavor for casters and the melee ones are standard proc for all.