Fellowship port bypassing flag requirements: Exploit?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hazimil, May 4, 2019.

1. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Hi All, I know that some of you will not like me raising this, but as someone who has played since January 2001, I really don't want to get caught using an exploit and thus banned.

I have noticed that recently a lot of people are using Fellowship invites and ports to bypass the flagging requirements to enter Mearatas, I even did it once before I realise it was a zone I was unflagged for.

So, to cover my , and to get clarity I logged a petition, asking:

and was told:

I responded stating that I was hoping for a "yes or no" regarding whether it's an exploit and was told:

Just thought I post this here for peoples views and as a warning in case it is viewed by DBG as an possible exploit.

Hazimil
  2. Raccoo Augur

This question was brought up during beta, and the devs said that it was intended and left it in.
    Dayone, Spellfire, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It was intended. It doesn't bypass flagging. It just bypasses zoning requirements. This was left in to encourage cooperation in getting people flagged and backflagged.

Calm your kidneys. It's going to be okay.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Thanks all for your comments. Would have been nice to have seen an official post referencing this though, in my view you can't be too careful when the exploit/ban stick is about.

Thanks.

Haz!
  6. Funk Augur

Not to mention you can just do the Relic mission first if you have someone to request, and get the lamp on the first mission. No campfire required then.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Actually, for the lamp to work in Aalishai or Mearatas, you will need to have gone there at least once (or have progression). So you cannot use the lamp to get past progression solely. Just tried it on a rogue that has lamp but never been to Mearatas (and no progression).

I'm pretty sure the campfire trick is actually the guild banner trick (and they just don't have a way to separate the two working in a zone in-game).

If you remember in RoS, they put the VP raid NPC in OT so non-VP flagged folks could still get to the NPC. Pretty sure the the instance VP zone itself is special because you could zone in by banner which you could not in the regular VP zone.

In TBL, there are raid NPCs in Empyr (locked zone), Aalishai (locked zone) and Mearatas (locked zone). But you can get flagged for those raids without having to set foot in the base zones. So guilds need a way for folks to get to the raid NPCs and in the zones. So guild banners work without restrictions.

There are at least as many folks who have used guild banners to get places they cannot normally get as campfires. You can be worried all you want but they would be banning at least a quarter of most guilds who have used this trick at least once (there were several folks in my guild who did not complete progression by the time we broke into t2).
  8. Nniki Augur

This was what was said at the time of beta:
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Kolani Augur

Working as intended. Fellowship campfires have always worked in this manner, to the point that you can get characters lower than the required level into zones with required levels, like MPG.
  10. Allayna Augur

You ever try to CF into caverns, degmar, combine dredge, or arx?

Always....probably the wrong word.
    Thunderkiks and Brohg like this.
  11. Kolani Augur

People voluntarily try to go to Degmar?
  12. kizant Augur

Degmar is a great zone.
    Thunderkiks and Allayna like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And yet until no no one spoke of it. Now that the devs have given their blessing on this for TBL people talk opening about it. I think it may have only been common knowledge in certain circles.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

just get out and read more, you would have know this before the sky is possibly falling post.