Two Tiers of Group mission difficulty system

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 1, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I'd rather not see any more 12 person raids. I do not call it group content, as you need to be in a raid to do it and you get raid exp.It is bad enough trying to orgnaise a group to do some of these missions 2 groups is a nightmare.......how hard is it to not move down a slope!

If they ever do it again they need to fix at least the exp for doing it in raid format, preferably set up a 2 man group UI so all 12 partisipants are in a single group.
    Spellfire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Yendar Augur

There are groupers that don’t raid that are able to do the current group content just fine. Now they’re going to be limited to doing trivial missions or doing missions with rewards that don’t affect them. I’m all for having more difficult missions give better rewards, but why would we limit them to raiders for groupcontent?
  3. Yendar Augur

The group content has never been tuned toward raid gear in mind, you’ve never needed raid gear to complete the group missions with small exceptions of having a strong tank obviously helping.
  4. Yendar Augur

Then nobody does the hard mission, what’s the point?
  5. Yendar Augur

Also another thing to point out, if that the group content is the most fun and rewarding for group geared players. Raid geared players don’t find it as challenging. So basically the way you want it is that most of the content will be trivial for everyone.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is a difference between fun and challenging, content can be fun without being challenging.
  7. Morthakia Augur

I say make more 12-person raids, but give them a “hard-mode” option where you’re only permitted to take 6 people into the instance. During ROS era, Talendor 12-man could be beat by 6 people, though it required gear and the right combination of classes. Made it far more exciting! Devs can figure out the appropriate reward for doing it with 6 instead of 12.
  8. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

All the pieces have shown up over the last few xpacs, to really implement a change, which imho will keep people playing and paying longer.

We got evolving items in TBL with 4 tiers (Item, Silver, Gold, Plat)

We have for years seen raids based on group missions with changes.

In RoS we had a 2 group mission that was also a raid.

So what I suggest is remove the thought of group mission, imho those should be unique and related to progression.

Lets call these raids, but you have a 1, 2, 4 and 9 group version.

All the loot uses the naming type structure from the evolve items pretty much.

How they tier the loot must keep it within the risk vs reward, but as a suggestion.

1 Group - 5% better than best group gear in current xpac
    2 Group - 8% better than best group gear in current xpac
    4 Group - 2% less than raid gear from previous xpac
    9 Group - The new latest and greatest raid gear.

Lockouts should only apply to the version of the raid you completed, so you could essentially do all 4 versions in a short period of time.

Maybe the lockouts get progressively longer based on the version.

There is plenty that could be done with this kind of system, but I think it would appeal to groupers, family guilds, guilds that are struggling to fill a full raid (but still gives them a chance to equip and improve) and raiders that want that new content.

Never put all the keywords on the same request NPC and it will allow you to tweak as needed without breaking it for everyone. (Hint do not mix group and raid requests on anymore NPC's)

Eya
  9. Yendar Augur

Exactly why this idea is horrible. GMM will be viable for AA’s, levels for the next 2 expansions. It will be the path of least resistance. We don’t need a whole bunch more content like that, as the people will STILL be in GMM unless it’s easier.