Please allow troll beastlords to switch to the alligator pet.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rotlust, May 1, 2019.

1. Rotlust Augur

/title

I would even pay for it. I don't have anything against the basilisk, but a swamp-dwelling troll having a swamp-dwelling pet, alligator, is much more thematic than a desert-dwelling pet, basilisk.

I would pay for such a luxury.

INB4 someone says they did it to limit the models needed in each zone. Trolls still turn into alligators when using beastial alignment.
    Volts and Risiko like this.
  2. Rokkeb Journeyman

Even if they just gave us an alligator pet transmog in the cash shop. That alligator was so cool. The basalisk.. not so much.
  3. Tierdal Augur

whyd they remove it?
  4. Risiko Augur

I never understood why they changed it in the first place.
  5. malaki Augur

Had to do with not wanting to add the gator to the global files. Seems kind of dumb that was the best warder.
  6. Tierdal Augur

i thought it was bugged? like was allowing an exploit?
  7. Recnarp Augur

The Iksar's scaled wolf warder didn't have a cast animation which caused them to stand still when procing, however I don't remember what was wrong with the alligators. Probably something similar?
  8. Prathun Developer

If I remember correctly, there were problems with the alligator model getting hung up and stuck on geometry.
    BlueberryWerewolf and Aneuren like this.
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Prathun, thanks for responding to this thread.

I was wondering if you could consider also giving players (necro and SK classes) the option to turn on the old skeleton models for both their pets and necromancer spells like Call of Bones and Lich that turn players into skeletons?

Thank you! :)
  10. Corydon Augur

I think those old skeleton/spectre models (as still seen in e.g. Unrest) are waaaay cooler than the newer versions. Waaaaaaaaay cooler... Wish we could have them back! I've read somewhere we cannot since they're no longer in the global file. Would even buy a pet illusion to get them back. I wanna see my monk skelly do flying kicks and not be a hunchback!
    Taladir likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

Going from alligator to basilisk was the worst nerf in the history of nerfs, maybe ever.
  12. malaki Augur

Certainly a big downgrade.
    Corydon likes this.
  13. Xanathol Augur

Summon companion, no?
  14. Herf Augur

A small alligator, with a luggage handle on its back would be excellent :)
  15. ManglerNecro Journeyman

Hi Prathun,

Would you be able to look into the pet focus items on Mangler not working 100%? I'm sure it would be a higher priority then if a pet looks like an alligator or a basilik. :/
  16. Duder Augur

Pets get stuck on stuff anyway and path terrible, just look at their dps on raids that require a lot of moving... Id do anything to have my gator warder back
  17. yerm Augur

No it most absolutely would NOT be a higher priority. Alligator pets were beautiful and strong and that nerf was more devastating to the already small + fragile troll community than loy. Mangler nerfed focuses on purpose to inhibit op casters and pets are the literal worst culprits, so nerfed focuses despite having existed prior to other focuses fit the theme. Please go back to whatever mangler thread and don't bother poor prathun in this far more critical discussion of major game changes.
    Boze likes this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

There are lots of typos to fix in obscure item lore descriptions
  19. Rotlust Augur

The Gator is so much more thematic for trolls, and sticking on geometry seems to happen with all pets. I'd at least love to have the option. While I'm sure there are some, I don't personally know anyone, nor have I ever heard of anyone, actually preferring the basilisk to the gator.
  20. Rotlust Augur

also, couldn't you use one of the updated crocodile models? like from plane of earh or one one of the even newer ones. seems better than the basilisk if the croc really is getting hung