GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glauri New Member

That computer runs Windows 7 Pro.
  2. Daredilly Master

Beimeith,

I noticed that when I parse for a Total Spell Count, I now see many spells I did not cast nor where they cast on me; FYI.

These spells seem to be marked with "Fizzle" or "Interrupt" at the end.
  3. Glauri New Member

And...my problem was that I did a left-click and drag. If I use control-click, all is right with the world!!

Thank you all for the help!!
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm aware of the problem and have already fixed it. I'm making some additional changes to the spells tab that should be posted sometime soon.
  5. Ravilla Journeyman

Any help for a gameparse noob? Ive tried and tried but cant this to work and unfortantly i cant find any other parse program. Ive turned logs on and select the log file for my character to load up and the only thing that ever shows is a couple fights from a few weeks ago when i choose load entire file.
  6. Duder Augur

Make sure you are selecting the right char on the right server if you have a char with the same name on 2 or more servers. Type /log on as soon as you load the character youd like to parse. Try monitor new fights only and select the log of the character whos log you just turned on. Hit a combat dummy a few times, stop attacking, dotting, back pet off, let dots wear off, wait the default 30s timout period, and then look.
  7. Brumans Augur

Any reason to not go ahead and make this the current release? It's been like 4-5 months since the official release of GamParse has worked, and there's still not even a mention of the Beta version even existing at the official site. Everyone has to find it over here and manually update from a thread, lol.

People have been running this version for over 3 months as it is, since the old one is completely useless.

Should go ahead and put it out and like ClickOnce keep it updated, even if you still want to call it "Beta".
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update 2.0.0.80 - Redownload from first post.

-Spells Tab now shows per-spell breakdowns for spell failures: Interrupts, Fizzles, Resists, Reflects, and Blocks.
    -Spell Over Time now displays the above with a notation for each respective spell failure.
    -Added parsing for combat ability spell message.
    -Other Misc. improvements to spell parsing that aren't visible to you.

EDIT: pulled this update as I found a problem. Fix shortly.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update 2.0.0.81 - Redownload from first post.

-Fix for error parsing slain messages from 2.0.0.80.
    Scornfire likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

404 on the beta download
  11. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I fixed the link.
  13. zrako New Member

Beimeith,

Suggestion for future implementation: Could we get timing breakdown on activations? In particular, I would love to be able to find out for myself compared to my fellow guild mates that are more or less successful then I am and where we make differences.

example
    a time graph that shows activations (alt act / spells etc by time graph) just like our dps counter but for activations.

Similarly it would be great to see these for heal thresholds. I like to see for sorting and correcting gaps in healing.
  14. Brohg Augur

As valuable as the timeline you're suggesting would be, what you're calling "activations" heuristically wraps in a pretty sophisticated player understanding of What Matters, what qualifies as a significant action. The problem is that there isn't anything intrinsic to the log lines that report such which would differentiate their use from less significant happenings. That makes the timeline more of an add-on than a feature addition to the engine itself, since it won't be susceptible to parsing rules and logical segregation from spammy nonsense. The mechanism would be much more akin to a persistent version of what GINA does than what GamParse does. -- which isn't an outlandish sort of job for GamParse to do in parallel with its core, but adding it would be pretty discrete from working on GamParse.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Nice idea.

Like a table where rows are time intervals, and colums are spells/discs/aa etc, each column is a toon.

Each half-tic is a row, being added from top (or below).

Possibly with the fiirst column being the dps on that mob at that time interval.

Well we can always dream :)
  16. Master T 5000 New Member

17. Baldur Augur

I don't think anyone has ever figured out what causes that.

I have the same issue except it's just the Overview/Comparison windows, the over time stuff on the right is fine.

I can get it to work by tabbing to the invisible window and then using the arrow keys to select a player. But it's super annoying.

I think the previous guy that had the problem had mentioned he was on windows 7. I'm on windows 10, have visual studio installed with all the sdks though.
  18. Belkar_OotS Augur

A wish list item...
    Could we get an export to forum option that will send the data as a table similar to Kizant's app?

Would be nice to line up multiple players of the same class side by side for comparisons. Currently I have to take the export, plug it into his app, save the image, load the image at a hosting site, then post it to the forums.

Pipe dreams!
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You'd have to give me an example. I haven't used his app.
  20. Sancus Augur

He's referring to kizant's webapp (http://eq.kizant.net/spells.html). The output looks like this:

[IMG]

The main use is it allows you to compare cast numbers for the same spells more easily between players. It also allows you to remove rows, which can help filter out extraneous information.
    Belkar_OotS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.