Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna Augur

Any updates? We have a #5 yet?
    Whulfgar and Axel like this.
  2. Endaar Augur

SR, as of a few days ago.
  3. Mintalie Augur

So...

When can we get another nerf? :D

/duck
    smash likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

I'd personally focus more on getting another win than another nerf :)
    bbanz, feeltheburn, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  5. smash Augur

A slight nerf would be good.

Reduce number of sentinels

50% to pop meph if you die

Reduce radious of fireball

Reduce damage of fireball
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

"make this event trivial to beat"
    fireball radius is tiny already.... fireball damage can be eaten if you're only in 1 of them.. just chacha slide a little to the left!
  7. Lianeb Augur

If you're not getting the event to 25 and complaining about nerfs, you are not trying hard enough.

All this raid needs is the Hallway emote removed at 25%, to make it more accessible to other guilds imo. But that will also remove the reason so many struggle at 25
    Axxius likes this.
  8. Cadira Augur

Or remove mephit spawn while hallway emote happens just long enough to get through that first
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Mintalie Augur

To be clear--the nerf needs to be sub-25%. 25+ is absolutely fine.
  10. smash Augur

Atm, the 24/25% is too punishing.
  11. Monkman Augur

It’s only too punishing if your entire raid force doesn’t understand the mechanics and what’s expected of them.

It only takes 2-3 players to totally blow this event by starting a chain reaction of fails.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

there is issue there then, the "real" fight on this event is 24 below...if your having issues BEFORE that point, could be time to reassess.
  13. Mintalie Augur

I agree and I think all of the guilds vying for 6th downward are able to get to 24%. But at 24% things just go horribly awry.

I'm all for challenges but we've been bashing our brains in for months with no end in sight. I'm tired.

I know all of my guildees do not agree with me and I don't speak for them, I only speak for myself. We're getting to 25% basically flawlessly. That part is definitely perfected. I imagine the other end-game guilds similarly have the first 75% perfected as well.

I personally do not care for mechanics where one person in 54 can make a mistake and negate 15 minutes of concerted effort, over and over again, in perpetuity.

I cannot be alone here! The frustration is real. Sorry to not be all Type A hardcore ride-or-die. There has to be a happy medium somewhere!

/whine /whinge /cry /moan

Go ahead and be mean, it's fine. I'm just ready to be done with this. Did I mention that I'm tired?
  14. Allayna Augur

Unrelated to the tuning calls....

Can we get a fix for UEE engaging us but us not able to engage him? This happens at each unlock phase he gets a least a full tick to wail on the MT without being able to be de-buffed or engaged.

Another thing to look at for the hallway emotes....it fires the check with 9ish seconds left on the buff in your buff window.
    Axel likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

Most of the difficulty of this event is in the 25% phase transition where all mechanics are active together, and with a completely random luck they can all happen at the same exact time. A wave of mephits spawning right when everybody is running for the tunnels is pretty much guaranteed to kill somebody, spawning more mephits, etc. Any change that would eliminate the this randomness would make the event reliably beatable for a number of guilds.

And then there is the super annoying pathing bug when the boss sometimes takes off and runs away into the corridors for a minute or two. That really needs to be fixed. Those who complain about a similar problem in Empyr #2 - just wait till you see it in Mearatas. :mad:
    svann, bbanz, Koryu and 1 other person like this.
  16. Endaar Augur

If this were an event blocking further progression, I would understand the "nerf it" argument. As it is though, being stuck on UEE has no real impact other than not being able to check off a few /ach. I like there being an event that's actually a real challenge. GMM certainly wasn't, and with any new raids unlikely for another six months, what's wrong with one really difficult one?
  17. Mintalie Augur

Yeah, we had this the other night, very WTF moment.
    Axxius likes this.
  18. Gnomereaper Augur

And that's a problem with these encounters since Mata Muram. It's great whenever it's the last and people can work through it, after a while the novelty has worn off of these encounters. It creates the "why bother logging in" phenomenon which plagues middle end guilds.

This is part of the problem in design change from Ring of Scale forwards. Really Kar'zok raid was the first aspect of this "new era" in running around for emotes and it has been a favorite for certain guilds. They enjoy this sort of encounter. I find them boring, uneventful, especially when wiping over and over.

To be honest, I enjoy content that's different layers of complexity and execution without the need for perfect class balance. I enjoyed Temple of Veeshan 2.0 and such, and I do not really care for these sorts of run around and let's have an emote.

The game was built to appeal to a wide variety of the player base, and this only appeals to a certain limited amount of the player base.
    Mintalie likes this.
  19. Lianeb Augur

I am not sure what you are trying to say here or if you just have a short memory of EQ but there have been emote based raids all the back to at least plane of time that required some form of do this or incur this penalty, in fact there have been single fail mechanics wiping some raids since at least GoD, and some of those even existed in the raids you mention as your favorites in CToV.
  20. Allayna Augur

I’m guessing he means that those emote fails cause catastrophic raid wipes. In older expansions there was a degree of forgiveness that could be achieved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.