Is Agnarr active?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cromlaughs, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Cromlaughs New Member

Hi all, I just picked up EQ again since 03 and I've been playing causally on the new TLP server Mangler. I've been having a lot of fun so far.

However, I remember loving the PoP era and I noticed Agnarr is locked to that expansion. One of the main reasons I decided to come back to EQ is the fact that I really miss the old school group camping leveling experience. It's something that simply does not exist in today's new MMOs.

If I were to start a new character on Agnarr, is it still active enough to find players at all level ranges to level with? Or would I be forced to solo quite a bit?

I wanted to tank as a Shadow Knight.

Thanks for your input!
  2. Phiyre Augur

I would think Agnarr is old enough where most folks playing there are/have been maxed out for a while. Best chance to get folks to lvl with would be one of the new TLP's.
  3. Protagonist Tank

You will exclusively solo until 65, then have 2-3 guilds who are still raiding there to pick between for twice weekly raids.
  4. Fluid Augur

It is pretty deserted. If you are sociable and join a guild, remember none of their top spells will work on you and you won't be able to group/exp with them until you are in your 40s.

So I'd be solo to 40 as a minimum amount. Remember no Mercs there too. To even get buffed, you are talking about finding someone willing to take down all their active spells and mem some lower level ones that will stick on you. It could happen, just that it is a pain for anyone to do unless they are trying to learn how to power level someone.

I have a couple of characters there that could possibly help out to make a little less onerous. I wouldn't want to go beyond a few items and appropriate buffs though. Kind of busy with other characters on other servers atm.