[Phinigel] House of Thule and Veil of Alaris

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Dukat New Member

Oh god
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Godspeed young phinigelians
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Boze like this.
  3. Aziuno Augur

Can't wait until Selo becomes the Pioneering server for Phinny!
    Boze likes this.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

We ain't exactly spring chickens anymore. WTB HoT flags plz.
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Soon I can claim a lamp post! Also please send flags.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Bump for Dev team early week meetings. I got linked some HoT weps on Test yesterday and they look like purple lightsabers.
  7. Morgen Elder

Come on DBG, communicate with your customers. I don’t know why it’s so hard to do the right thing for you guys. Even doing the UF doubling the key drop thing for HOT would be helpful. You are almost at the end of the line for things you need to do to provide a complete, smooth TLP experience. Finish strong here and reward your loyal players.
  8. Brumans Augur

Yeah, I don't know why they chose to keep us in the dark on the UF issue for so long. We know the devs read the forums, they can easily let us know what's going on.

As I posted in another thread, 2 month expacs in general are now pretty tough on Phinny. They should all be 3 months. Hell, only 2 guilds have cleared UF so far. Mine is working on the last event.

The doubling of loot in general for Underfoot has really helped progression as well, and all the expansions from here on out would benefit greatly from it. There's a lot of gear progression to do since all of them are designed to last a year, in combination with a slowly-but-surely shrinking player base. Would be a great set of changes going forward.
  9. Aegir Augur

Whatever this means from March 2019 update:

"Updated the expansion unlock dates for The Broken Mirror and onward to reflect the normal extra time in The Darkened Sea for a level increase expansion."

I'm guessing after TDS, all expacs at that point are 3 months?

So the only expansion we have left, except UF we are currently on for 2 months, is Call of the Forsaken. That expac is pretty simple for flags and doesn't require keying or limited amount of flags.

The Loot output from UF is very nice and fits the Risk. Vs. Reward / Time to spend in Era very well. Would really like it see fit keeping that up with HoT. In VoA we get individual Raid Currency pr. each completed event, which makes us able to buy a bonus Raid Item/armor/weapon from that tier line every 4th or 5th completed event or so, which would seem to even it out a bit!

But Again my pleas are really for the VoA Progression. Look into it please!
    Brumans likes this.
  10. Brumans Augur

I missed that - it's definitely worded weird, but I guess that's what they mean. Thanks for the info! Very good to (hopefully) hear.

Yeah, fixing VOA flagging would definitely be the main thing left for Phinny. Getting extra drops to help tiered progression would really smooth things out, but is less critical.
  11. Jaera Augur

I just did the Roots of Evil (Grounds raid) in House of Thule, he only dropped 2 keys. We still need this stuff enacted to prevent massive splitting requirements.
    Aegir likes this.
  12. Aegir Augur

If they ignore the absurd flaggin for VoA, we basically get 4 months of HoT Raiding, since we only can do one single raid for 3 lockouts in VoA before we unlock 2 more Raids...
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

For HoT they need to do a check for every chest with a drop table including:

Rusty Gate Key [ID = 94660]
    —an ornate chest (3) — The Torches of Truth
    —an ornate chest (2) — The Roots of Evil
    —an ornate chest (2) — Terror in the Dark
    —a blood-stained chest (2) — The Librarian’s Nightmare

Tremulous Key [ID = 95225]
    —an ornate chest (3) — Guardian of the House
    —an ornate chest (3) — At World’s Ending
    —an ornate chest (3) — The Force of Eternity

Sanctum Key [ID = 95790]
    —an ornate chest (4) — Cazic’s Final Stand
    —an ornate chest (5) — The Awakening

As it currently stands you get:

2 Rusty Gate Keys per T2 raid and 3 from Erudin (9 per clear)
    3 Tremulous Keys per T3 raid (9 per clear)
    4 Sanctum Keys for Fear and 5 from Morell’s (9 per clear)

With these current standings it takes you 5 clears to receive 45 Keys which allows you to push a full 54 man raid into the next tier. Which would be 15 weeks of clearing each tier before you can zone a full raid into Somnium. At which point VoA is already out.

Now granted a decent guild can split the Well, Grounds and HoT Upper raids fairly easily and get a few extra keys out of backflags and such. But you’re still looking at not getting to Somnium until after probably two months of raiding and splitting regularly which shouldn’t be a requirement to see the end content while it remains relevant.

What should happen is what happened in Underfoot. Do a search for all of the chest that contain these three key items.

Double the Loot/Spells from the chests and Triple the Key drops.

If this is done we are going from 9 Keys per clear of a tier to 27 Keys per clear of a tier. Meaning you only need to clear a tier twice to get a full raid into the next tier, which puts a casual guild into the final zone halfway through the expansion on a 3-month server.
  14. Popple New Member

Oh come on DBG!!! Give us a hint that you are gonna do something or nothing at least.
  15. RainbowCane Elder

Yay.

From Prathun - It's already done. Keep an eye out for the May update notes coming soon (tm).
    Ryak, Boze, Baldur and 1 other person like this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

This is probably for the better anyway. Somnium in its current state with gameplay changes is God-awful and will make you all want to quit.
  17. Jaera Augur

Some changes in today's test patch:
    - Raid chests in House of Thule will now drop more key items.

- Raid events from Veil of Alaris and later will now grant more progression keys after they have been open for 3, 6, and 9 months on live servers. Previously this would begin after 6 months. On Progression Servers these events will grant more progression keys as soon as the expansion unlocks, and add additional bonuses after each of the next two expansions unlock or at 3 month intervals, whichever is faster.

- Many Veil of Alaris and Rain of Fear zones now have load balancing enabled.

---
    I'm really curious what they mean by the 'more progression keys' when Veil of Alaris, The Darkened Sea, The Broken Mirror, and etc all require you to click an item a certain number of times...does this mean beating an event will automatically give you more of those items? If so, how does that change Veil of Alaris, which you have to apparently get "experience" for your Record of Tales by clicking it after beating an event? Does it give more experience now?

Either way, much obliged to the team for their work in making progression for progression servers make more sense.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  18. Jaera Augur

Completed the grounds raid "The Roots of Evil" on test, it dropped 3 keys, up from the 2 I got last week.

Looks like the amount of raiding to reach Somnium has eased, but its not quite the speed of what was done to Underfoot. Loot wasn't doubled, but that wasn't mentioned either.
  19. Jaera Augur

Completed the upper house raid "Guardian of the House" on test, dropped 5 tremulous keys, up from 3 reported on Allakhazam.

I'm guessing Fear Itself will drop 6 keys, The Awakening will drop 8, making 14 keys a cycle for Somnium, but that's just a guess right now. I'd need more help to do Fear Itself or Castle
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea these changes aren’t enough.

I don’t understand why you can’t just repeat what you did for Underfoot. It worked perfectly to allow casual guilds to beat the expansion on heir own schedule while the expansion is current without massive amounts of split raiding. It made the real delay to beating the expansion be the difficulty of the events rather than the keying process.

Adding one or two Keys per chest will just make it impossible for most guilds to beat the expansion while it’s still relevant on the server.

Double Loot and Triple Key drops for all raid chests. It’s a very straight forward solution to this problem on TLPs.