/camp sometimes to desktop, mostly to character select?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Apr 4, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Is there some setting to change whether or not my character can always go to character select screen instead of the desktop?

Thank you.
  2. Drogba Augur

camp always takes me to character select. but /q takes me all the way out to desktop. could that be the confusion by chance?
  3. Rondor Augur

There is:
    • /camp
    • /camp server
    • /camp desktop
    The first one with no option after /camp, tries to go to the character select screen. But if there's some kind of brief glitch in authentication or in the server's ability to respond to the camp request or something, you may get dumped to server select instead, or even all the way to the original non-patcher-based login screen, or to desktop if a crash happens.

The second one tries to go to the server select screen, but may dump you to desktop or to the login screen as per above.

The third one tries to camp to desktop in a clean way. There is also /q as mentioned above but that's an "unclean" camp which may leave your character in-world for a few minutes.
    RPoo and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Axel Furry Hats OP

/q is the equivalent of alt+F4, which won't save settings if you changed them and won't log your character out. So if you camp in an unsafe spot, you could log back in to your character in their bind point without a corpse.

"/camp desktop" will always take you to your desktop and log your character completely out of the world.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's definitely weird.

On the same account /camp takes a character of mine to desktop I think every time.But another character not so.
  6. Cadira Augur

Ctrl X always takes my new toon I just made to the desktop, no character select, no server select, just as if it crashes. Anyone know why? It's just that account (a recently made account) that does it.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

After looking into settings and stuff I can't find out what might be doing it.

Other characters on the account camp to character select just fine. But the one dude always goes to desktop after the screen does all the loading bar emotes and whatnot. THen bam. Closed.
  8. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Same, having this problem too.
  9. Cadira Augur

I have two characters on different accounts that do this. No idea what could be causing it. First dude is a new heroic on a new account and did it from the start. They are also very prone to just crashing when zoning etc too. (Although that's mostly gone away now -thought it had to do with highlighting new messages thing being on)
  10. Intenso Augur

11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Crashes when un-allocating memory is pretty common in large C based applications.

If the code tries to delete something that was already deleted, it can cause the whole program to crap itself.

Closing out a character is a lot of objects being deleted, and EQ does NOT do it cleanly; for example, when I switch characters, I'll see quest list steps from the previous character still listed. And on the server side the old bug when zoning where you would get the faction standing of another player for a few seconds while the zone loaded your character.
  12. Baldur Augur

I have /camp on one of my computers that goes to server select almost every time.

Just started recently as well, think it was after the March patch.