Putting non-placeable items in player housing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grove, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Grove Augur

A Monel Style Plaster Hut Stucco interior is my house in my guild neighborhood. I purchased it from an NPC in the merchant area in the zone. I tried to put a stack of Tainted Feather in the house, but it didn't work. I purchased an Estate Storage Crate and placed it behind the house (outside) hoping this would enable storage. It did not. Note however, that when I pick up this Crate, the placing mechanism is ready, willing and able to put it anywhere. When I look at Real Estate "Items" I see Yard 2/15 (green) 0/0 vault (red) 0/5 pets (green); House 13/500 (green) 0/0 vault (red); Crate 0/500 (green) 0/0 vault. Did I purchase a house which will never accommodate non-placeable items? I know that some houses will.
  2. Brudal Augur

Might try to sell the hut back and buy a Domicile or similar. I believe the more expensive plots will have more capacity in the yard as well.

After further review of the options House can hold 75 of any type and residence can hold 150. Domicile is the step up allowing for 300.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Player_Housing_in_EverQuest offers more info about plots and house types.
  3. Cloudia Augur

Short answer is no, that hut will never hold non-placeable items.

Longer answer is that if you check the house descriptions they will state they hold X items, Y of which can be non-placeable.

If you want to use a house for storage your best bet is to buy a 3 room house from loyalty vendor, or thru sc as these do not have an associated upkeep cost.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. Grove Augur

Sold the Hut. Claimed Hive of the Bixie. However, I cannot place this house. Has anyone found a plot that will accommodate the large building?
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok any house can be put on any plot YOU OWN. The size thing is for how many animals or trees and shrubs etc you want to put on it. Bigger plots are more expensive but hold more. You can only own plots in open areas or your guilds neighborhood. So first you find a plot, buy it, pay the rent (use chronobines - good use for all those you collected) and move the house on your cursor till it turns green then drop it.

If that doesn't work please tell us your error message or why you cannot place it? It should fit fine on your last plot. Also your bixie hive has no rent due ever on it but you will have to pay rent in plat for storage crates if you use them.

And to answer if anyone has found a plot for the bixie just go to the top guilds hood (use search on bars into hood) and look around, lot of folks have the bixie or the maiden lady boat one, just ask in chat on your server and folks will tell you which hood theirs is in.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

To store non placeable items in your house its pretty simple. Go onto your property and hit shift i. This will bring up your housing inventory. Open your bag with the feathers or what ever else you want to store and click it and hit the closet button. This will store the item in your housing closet. It will not actually appear on your plot as a visible item but this is a great method of storage.

If you want alts to have access to this house to remove items move onto your plot and hit the EQ button. Scroll down to the housing tab and over to manage. This will bring up a window where you can add currency and allow access. Click on the access tab, hit the drop down box and select co owner and type the name of all your alts and add them so they can add or remove items from your house.

As far as the house goes there are several different types with different storage capacities. The one you want from the housing merchant is 500/300 i believe where you can store up to 500 items and 300 of which can be non placeable. I hope this helps.
  8. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Is a stack of nonplaceable items considered one item or does a stack of 100 count as 100 items?
  9. Grove Augur

Stacks count as one. Items do not auto-stack. You must take out the incomplete stack, add what you have, then re-place.
  10. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Thank you.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Pretty sure this has been changed so long as you are the same one putting the item in the plot as the ones already in the plot.

I can add 2 feathers to the plot and they will add to the stack of 15 that are already there that I put in . But if I try to add those 2 feathers to a stack that jimbob put in then it will not. My 2 will go in separate and make another stack. So I can take out jimbobs (if I have permissions on that plot/house) and they will stack with mine that are in my bags on my person automatically then I can put the whole stack back in plot.

This is very helpful on collectables - one character can take care of the entire inventory in the house.

Keep in mind that not all items stack past 20. Some stack to the 1000.
  12. Shanarias Augur

Thanks for posting that! I just actually printed it. :D
  13. Aurastrider Augur

I am glad something I posted nearly 3 years ago is still useful. I don't have much time to help out in game these days but I enjoy helping out the community on the forums whenever possible. Safe hunting and may your houses be full of useless junk like mine with the need for further urban growth as your storage empire expands.
    Shanarias likes this.