Mangler more pickzones?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by diomedes, Apr 26, 2019.

1. diomedes New Member

Tired of logging in an everything is camped. People lined up waiting for a group with no where to fight. Once we are in a group how can we start a new pickzone so we have somewhere to fight?
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

You can only wait until the new pick threshold is met. The threshold is the number of players in the zone at which a new pick spawns.That number varies by zone. In The Hole, for example, it was around 42 (if I recall). The thing is, all of the current picks must be at this threshold value before a new pick will spawn (and often two new picks are spawned).
    diomedes likes this.
  3. Brumski Augur

Unfortunately. Two solutions I'd like to see: Pickzone thresholds reduced by about 25% and/or make the number of picks based on the cumulative total.
    diomedes likes this.
  4. ShivanAngel Augur

TO many pickzones effects server stability, this was an issue on older TLP's,

You wanted 3 months of classic.
  5. a_librarian Augur

They should solve the stability issue and make private respawning picks a thing
    Aneuren, orionfox and Barton like this.
  6. Scruff Elder

i regret everything
  7. Smellybuttface New Member

Some zones it just gets absurd. Trying to pick in Befallen with 18 people at entrance and farming first key, but it’s the only instance available....games like ESO and WoW have fully instanced dungeons you can do with a group, theatre instanced FOR you, why can’t this occur? Seems entirely possible. It’s not like these zones are graphics laden bandwidth hogs, they’re still using the same toolset from 15 years ago. Implement some of the ideas from Long Dungeons of Norrath perhaps.
    Aneuren likes this.
  8. Brumski Augur

Played on RF, Phinny before the changes and now on Selo/Mangler after the changes and the difference on the player end is absolutely......negligible. They all had their crashes at first when people were rushing the server. After the first few months things settle down and lag were uncommon.

I did not want 3 month unlocks, nor 1 month unlocks, but that's what we got so that's what Ill have to play. Maybe DBG will get it right next time.
  9. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

I have been in The Hole more or less for the last two weeks leveling alts as well as helping guildmates get over the 46+ hump and finish 50. I have even considered leasing a condo within walking distance of slabs with this beautiful few of docks.

There are absolutely no issues currently with the picks at least during normal peak time (1500 - 2300 PST). I believe that maybe one day out of the last two weeks we have had to wait a somewhat prolonged period to find a camp or a new pick to open. Even before The Hole every time I am leveling or helping someone level in Guk there are multiple camps open. Learn to love the Live side of Guk folks. I can count on one hand how many times we have had to say "F this, lets go plays so 'n so alts" in the last month and a half because of over crowding.

So if the OP has an issue with not enough picks I have a few questions:
    1. What time zone are you playing in and at what times?
    2. Do you want exp or are you trying to camp something specific?
    3. Have you ever gone off the golden path to get exp?
    Without honest answers to those questions there is no point in crying about picks.
  10. Tierdal Augur

roll on Selos. We have actual content.
  11. Meridian Augur

and a lot more douchebags, too.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, that safe corner outside of slabs is a good place to camp out, especially if you have a mage to CoH you back down when you go sell. I think my Coirnav crew is still all camped out there. ;)
  13. Vorlic Journeyman

Without knowing the level range, it's impossible to give advice.

I think the biggest bottleneck is the 35-42 range. On the undead lguk side, it's really just Hamlord that gives good exp.
  14. LittleBrumski Augur

The hole is one of the zones that can support a decent number of people. Entrance, castle, sword, slab, dock, undead (maybe a second undead group up in the tower)

Guk, unrest, mm, sol B, all have their pick thresholds set too high by about 6-12 people.
  15. Grailer Augur

Pickzones good idea but all it takes is a few high level farmers to come in zone and hold camp in some zones.

The better the loot the more chance of it being farmed by high levls but if the content is very difficult then obviously it cant be farmed so easily.

They could put anti farming code in gane i.e if mob is grey it wont drop loot but this kinda sucks .

Private instances would be great solution of course but I think it takes too much server resources
  16. Christopher84 Journeyman

This is good advice. Half the time the only person on LGuk live side is a monk camping Rasta, so if your main issue is not being able to get exp then there's really no excuse not to head over to live side.
  17. Machentoo Augur

THey did solve the stability issue, by reducing the number of pickzones.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Maybe percentage-wise, not number-wise.