Just had my first warp hack experience

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Selo_slinky, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Selo_slinky New Member

on selo! watched a group of random generated names (think they're the same ones who sit in siren's grotto 24/7) warp onto shmendrik in lake rathe, do the starting part of cleric epic then warp away. all right in front of me.... no spells cast. just poof.

guessing some rmt crew is about to have a cleric multi-quest for sale. :( does dbg care about this stuff anymore or is it just one big meme at this point?
  2. discordkitty Augur

As long as the money rolls in there's no cares
  3. Elyani Augur

If you see someone warping, definitely 100pct report it! Unlike many types of "hacks", warping is not client side, but server side. So, it can be easily traced by DBG and they shouldn't need video proof of it to catch it. Report, report, report. Get rid of 'em! I have not seen anyone warping on Selo yet (did on Agnarr). But if I do, will certainly report it.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

You can warp it by rez the corpse?
  5. KronoKing Elder

if its people farming sirens 24/7 then its the same that do it on coirnav and they were known to warp to raid bosses to beat people there. usually has all melee characters, lots of rangers and monks. sure M Q 2 is hard to crack for TLP servers but you openly have another hack program being updated after each patch and is only $10 a month and DBG doesnt seem to be able to combat it, and it does have warp in it, levitation, enduring breathe, name changes etc.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hongluang is the trader selling thousands of deepwater ink literally all of luclin. Its disgusting and demoralizing they do 0.
  7. KronoKing Elder

that sounds like the asian farmers, they farmed the zoneline of cobalt scar on coirnav and agnarr. they have their own hack program, ive seen them warp and cast on things that were across the zone (efreeti). they are very poor players/boxers. not the same guy i was thinking of.

they dont really afk farm, they are always at the computer, they manually pull the seahorses with an enchanter. they account share and do shifts. the best way to prove this is to make friends with them, ask for their QQ chat, and then keep talking to them in game and eventually theyll ask you to add them to QQ chat, this is your confirmation its a different person playing those characters, add them to QQ chat and youll see. i had it happen to me at efreeti before. got 3 different QQ ids for one group of chars.

qqchat is an asian app they all use, it has real time translation as well. they are pretty easy to take their camps over, they will dispel your charm pets and try to train you but are very poor players. how they win is that they will always be there when you go to bed and when you wake up, so its a matter of how many days in a row you can keep kicking them out, eventually they wont show up everyday but will always keep an eye on you for when youre gone and move back in.
  8. Thorn New Member

Red Guides members do this and more daily. EQ dev's dont seem to care, so I guess it's free game.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

I really doubt a healthy pvp guild would hack though.
  10. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Maybe your sarcasm is just too direct for me to recognize, but you do realize the guild is literally named after the most popular hacks and RMT site for EverQuest, right? (Merely with a space added between the two words that constitute the name and domain of the site).

Their name is a literally a smirking mockery of GM enforcement (or the death of it) in EverQuest.
  11. AJNoctis New Member

I'm an officer of <Red Guides> and in no way shape or form do we hack. We often stream with a fair amount of viewers for EQ!

Red Guide comes from our names being red obviously and spin off of Game Guides or Guides which are GMs in EQ with green names.

Have a nice day!
  12. Thorn New Member

Not sure who you think you are convincing, everyone already knows you and your guild are full of . The only reason GMs dont care is because you make them more money than the average sub and this game isnt competitive enough for the average player to quit over dorks using M.Q.
    Barton likes this.
  13. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Not plausible. The overwhelming majority (if not every last one) of red players--whether on emulated servers or official servers--loads the program in question, and at the very least is familiar with the purpose of the website that shares a name with your guild, a website that existed long before your guild came along.

It's cute that SOME of you stream your play SOMEtimes so that you can claim you're clean, but that has always been something red players do as well: deny, deny, deny. In fact, I don't know whether you hack on Selo, since I don't play on the server, but I do know where you got your guild name from, or at least you have always been aware of its double meaning.

Sorry for letting out family secrets, but this red player finds your guild name in poor taste; just another example of red players making everyone wish them ill.
  14. Dailor Augur

:rolleyes: yeah... that is FOR SURE us, and not you being a weirdo in this thread doing that.
  15. Boze TLP complaint factory

They using hacks to kill you while you're blue? Or did you go red? I'm confused on the RZ tags and Selo's hate.
  16. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

As I said above, I've never played on a blue server, and I don't have any evidence of the guild in question hacking. I just know they named their guild after a popular hacks/RMT site, or at least chose a guild name knowing it carried that double meaning.

Beyond that, what I have to say about players on red servers using third party programs comes from 16 years on Zek, and the occasional vacation to emulated servers. Not everyone abuses them, but the overwhelming majority load them (if only as a defensive measure to avoid being cheesed by people who abuse them). By extension, everyone knows where they come from, so it's simply not believable that the guild was named Red Guides without knowledge of the fact that the name comes from an RMT/hack site.

Nobody needs to take my word for it. The site is still live, with a forum that shows how long it has been around and how many people use it.

Seems like you don't need my help. Whenever people bring your guild up on this forum, it's usually about people in your guild spamming chat channels or selling loot. You've got roughly the reputation that Zek and R99 have, so it has all worked out pretty accurately.
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

You don't think that maybe, just maybe, they're having a bit of fun?
  18. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

I don't know what the intention is. I do know that third-party programs have had an outsized and very negative effect on red servers (since someone can literally warp onto your head instantly, and most classes have enough DPS to one-round any other player character).

If it's harmless humor, then there's no reason not to admit where the name comes from and defend the joke.
  19. Risiko Augur

What if the people that ran those other sites where you can rent cheats by the month are in fact the same people policing the game? $15 a month subscription to play, and $10+ a month for their cheating software. They get at minimum $25 a month for per account for a 20 year old game rather than $15. That's almost a 100% increase of revenue. I'd imagine that a parent company that doesn't have any actual emotional connection with said game would look at that as a win/win for them. I mean, EverQuest is just an investment to them after all.

But... I'm probably just wearing the tinfoil hat too tight lol.
  20. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If one person cheating convinces one person to stop playing, or not start playing, then you've lost revenue, so I don't see this as a terribly viable conspiracy.