Best Live server for starting from scratch

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gaussian, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Gaussian New Member

As the title says. I started back into EQ being drawn in by the TLPs. Now I have an itch for live.

Whats the best server from someone who plans to start from zero with a paid account. I would prefer truebox. I do box as well but don't really like 3rd party software and dont really want to be on a server that allows it. A server with the potential to transfer some of my old characters there as well if I stick with it and like it.

I do intend to get started from scratch before I consider bringing in my old characters.
  2. madent Journeyman

i would say FV if you like no no-trade items or bristlebane , bexx or casic thule if u want normal rules....
    if u are antibox u should go TLP or cry...
  3. Jezzie Augur

TLP is not anti box, plenty of boxing. The rule is that you need a separate computer if you wish to box on "Truebox".
    If you don't mind that then I would suggest Phinigel. It's old but it still has somewhat of a population and probably the least 3rd party software usage of any server.
    I just saw about character transfers. If you want the least 3rd party software then I'm afraid you'll probably have to go with the least populated live server. It will be a while before Phinigel catches up to live and no idea if they will allow you to transfer old chars from live to truebox when it does.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

I would propose a highly populated standard server.

This opens up for joining a family style guild, while also not barring you from a future in raiding, or moving to Firiona Vie later.

What you want to avoid a botters, not boxers. Boxers on Live are a peaceful bunch. Botters are the worst. Right now there is a guy that hasn’t been shut down yet on the Euro server AB, a server that is hosted in EU and has a number of minor tech issues, so unless you want to play in Euro hours, I wouldn’t go there.
  5. code-zero Augur

3rd party programs are not permitted on any server but none are explicitly named. What is prohibited is doing something that you couldn't otherwise do with a character in the game.

Anyway, you can check out server populations at different times of the day here. Then I suggest making characters on ones that seem to suit you and play a bit and look at guild recruitment