Type 18 drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Duder Augur

Or is it that its only a chance to drop 2? so rolls for a second one IF a successful drop for 1 type 18?
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

So I've been loot whoring to an extent in the HA of GMM. What is being said is the the named in the static zone are now a source of these other drops?
  3. Duder Augur

Got a type 18 from a named in static gmm today and powersources.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Did they change the odds for the TBL ultra rares?
  5. Duder Augur

Due to the same bug that afflicted type 19s and them only being able to drop in the Plane of Fire and Plane of Smoke instance, the Descending Moon could only drop in the Plane of Fire hero instances and Static Plane of Smoke, that is my understanding.
  6. ShadowMan Augur

I can't find his post but many TBL mob types were flagged something or were something that excluded them from being able to drop the rares. So some people might have killed 30,000 mobs working on hunter, evolves, collects, progression but only 2,000 actually had a shot to drop. Which is why people were saying something seemed off but it wasn't apparent at first to the devs.
  7. Tucoh Augur

You sure about that? I hadn't heard but maybe I missed... but if you're right, I KNEW IT

8. Duder Augur

9. Duder Augur

I also think my understanding may be wrong, because some one had said they had gotten a descending moon drop in brass palace instance, so what the poster had said about only certain mob types is more than likely what it was and the increase drops seen from plane of fire instances was probably because the mobs were of that certain type and every mob was of that certain type rather than just a few, heck if know but according to Ngreth, its fixed!
  10. Stephen51 Augur

Any idea if the type 18's are dropping off of orcs? I've seen one drop off an iron legion mob, but I am unaware of a way to fix that faction yet, and I don't want to ruin my faction if I start dying on zone in.
  11. Duder Augur

Just got my WM Enhancement off Breaker in GMM =D
    Nniki and Tucoh like this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

yes, only static, not the HA nor the mission.
  13. Natal Augur

Those comments were base looking at the code, not what was happening on the server. When they looked at the server data they figured out what the problem was, namely that the relevant code was only being applied to certain mobs. The code controlling the drops was the same as previous expansions, but it was not being applied uniformly, which means what they said was correct.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yet if I remember correctly... you kept telling us to shut up, he's right... they're dropping.... everything is just peachy. Oh, but it's wasn't. Several of us kept saying what was happening on the server, you kept saying we had to be wrong. LOL.
    svann likes this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Hmm this sounds familiar..

[IMG]
    Jondalar, Sokki and Sancus like this.
  16. Natal Augur

You missed the bit about where the loot tables were not attached to all mobs? Or you just lacking in the comprehension department?

There was nothing wrong with the devs original statements, the items were dropping at the proper rate, just not off every mob type. If you were killing the right mob types then you would have seen normal drop rates. If you were killing the wrong mob types then you would see nothing.
  17. Natal Augur

Well, they were dropping, and dropping at the proper rate. Just not with every mob type.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

it was as epcific bug with a "body type" (Human, Undead, Dragon, etc) I was blocking. It was trigering falsely on anything we had marked as 24 (elemental) Which happened to be the VAST majority (90-99% ) of the mobs in some zones. But zones like Pofire had almost NO mobs marked as 24. So our data said "it should work": and it worked in some zones where there were mobs that are not marked as 24, and we WOULD see drops in the logs. (because 90% is not equal to 100%) We even got a new Dev comand addded to help us track this bug. (And that Dev command was a massive help and did allow me to finally find the problem)

GMM then used a different new technology (I explained this bug in another post... dev tracker if you want to see) and that new technology had a different bug that made it early out. We made a band aid fix (Enjoy the pod of water) that "solves" it until the patch with the real code fix. This ONLY affected GMM.

That new dev command mentioned above allows me to confirm that type18's are dropping as intended. It *is* intended that they be rare, and they are. The dev command showed the broken loot, and it now shows the functioning loot.
    Sancus and Nniki like this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

ROFL... You're mind boggling.
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Nniki Augur

Was the GEN-BodyTypeRequirement-NOT-Elemental Pet (Reclaimable) -nor a mage pet restriction simply removed then?

And does EoK share the changes or are the rules defined separately?