Camp check... JK might makes right.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dracon855, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

For what it's worth, there was a global reduction in spawn times about six years ago, by 25% or so.

Not saying it's enough, but we do not still have the spawn times from 1999.
  2. LittleBrumski Augur

This would be a welcome change for the epic parts that are stuck in zones that have no pick, or depend on some sort of spawn that is main pick only (Chanter epic comes to mind). They've already addressed bottlenecks and some other issues in the past tlps (sk and bard) It boggles me that they haven't gone through all the epic drops and fights to apply that change to all the epics.
  3. Elemenopi Augur

Yep, its hilarious when folks believe "i dont have the firepower right now to challenge them" means "I will never have the firepower to challenge them." Especially when charm gating is legal.

This kind of policy change only serves to escalate things to the point where the servers will eventually end up with a bunch of box armies and no one else. I suppose in the short term the company is OK with that as it keeps the money rolling in, but is EverBox® the game people are clamoring for nostalgia in?

Who buys Krono to buy their loot from them when its only the box farmers left?
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I totally agree with this and it's what I do, too.

To the OP: It's much better for your enjoyment to "lose" to these guys. You can't compete at their level because they will do anything and everything to push to off the camp, KS you, grief you, etc. If you aren't willing to stoop to their level, do yourself a favor and move on.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  5. Jammin New Member

Listen, knight's code is good and all for people who respect it. A lot will but some won't.

Here's a fact, 99% of people don't stream or use video capturing software when they play EQ so just train them. It's the only way you are able to fight back. So either just take it and move along when they show up and take your camp or make them lose xp. I'm not sure how many people here have successfully trained a group in the last week or so but it feels really, really good to watch them all die.(This is not an admission of guilt)

And again, as long as they aren't recording and are without any proof then train them until you feel satisfied.
  6. code-zero Augur

Every time I start EQ my computer pops up a helpful little built in to Windows app that will record my games for me. You aren't very bright if you think you'll get away with this and once people start training then as long as they can get away with it they'll justify it any time they want a camp someone is already at.

Training is stupid and cheap and appeals to the lowest common denominator which people will quickly come to view as being even lower than bots
    Elyani likes this.
  7. Meridian Augur

sorry someone trained your bots boxes.
  8. Elyani Augur

Lol... because....

^^^ This.

You can always tell when someone is getting ready to train you, too. And thanks to Windows and WindowsLive/XboxLive features, it's merely takes me 2 seconds to automatically begin recording. It's a single little hotkey. All I have to see is your train heading towards me and you're toast. ;) So, to everyone out there, double check what options you have on your PC. You don't need to stream to catch the people who think the way to fight back is to train you. And, their reward for training is to never have to worry about that camp again because /bye felicia!
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Jammin New Member

I seriously doubt the first thing you do when 20 mobs walk into your camp is fire up the recording software.
  10. code-zero Augur

Why do you think those crews are necros? So they can FD and not die.

Link FD and the recording software and they can stand up and laugh at you when you go LD

The funny thing is that if they were really bots and not a bunch of laptops being run by some guy binging netflix they would all instantly FD and have almost no losses from your stupid train.

By training all you do is prove that your victim isn't bots at all and that you're a jerk
  11. Elyani Augur

That's the great thing about it, you don't have to "fire up" anything. It's always, automatically ready. You simply just hit a hotkey and do what you can to survive it/recover from it. In my case, we attempt to AE mezz, DA cleric and camp. Otherwise I die, and do a corpse recovery. It's not a big deal at all.

It takes no time at all to hit the keys to record. And yes, I DO begin recording anytime I think someone may train (monk, necro for certain... and cleric, bard, paladin are sometimes good indicators), or I see a train coming at me. ;) I don't even let them know, either. I don't tell them I will report, I don't let them know I am recording. I just do it. I let them be a jerk and I record them doing it.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

Officially no, but in actual practice, they usually intervened. Well, that is, when they had an active customer service presence, I mean. Now, it's also true that they might not always have favored the actual victim and sometimes awarded custody of the camp to the stealer, but they did intervene.

And while "camp" is a group term, at the raid level, how many times throughout the years have GMs forced rotations? Similar intervention, just at raid level.

Funny how everyone including the gaming company loves most player-originated emergent gameplay aspects (such as the idea of respecting camps), except when they become financially inconvenient to accommodate anymore.

Although, at the same time, I cannot BELIEVE that the original developers intended the game to have the quasi-PvP nature of gameplay. If anything they probably foresaw the toxicity, knew they could never totally stop it. But for anyone who thinks that the game was actually intended to be a killsteal contest, I can't believe that, there's a difference between the original developers knowing they couldn't stop it, and "intending" it.

This is why the later implementation of instances was so critically amazing for EQ Live, and it's why the early TLPs kept the original toxicity from completely fading away (because the original TLPs didn't instance).

Either way, the result is that today we have people who actually believe that PvE games like EQ were designed to be "competitive" killsteal contests....but no, they were designed to bring pen and paper DnD to life. How many times did you ever see a group at one DnD table killsteal from a group at another one?

Training is risky to your account. And as for KSing someone later, well, that's the thing about KSing. Those who are willingly to aggressively KS are, in general, going to become more powerful than their victims, and their victims are quite unlikely to be able to do it back to them at a later date.
  13. KronoKing Elder

So if you look at coirnav it's mostly box farmers, which has caused a krono to be 50k during POP era. There are still people selling kronos, which I think are people playing the market and flipping or still playing there. Once you buy that krono with your plat, you can sell it to people on other servers. If you look at agnarr the kronos arent nearly as high but people are still selling kronos there. Some people might even have a small guild group there and keeps them playing so they buy kronos or farm them on mangler/selos and bring them over to coirnav/agnarr to benefit. Lots of different angles but theres also the fact that a krono on the black market is cheaper than the DBG store so its a lot easier for someone to pay $9 for a krono and turn it into platinum to save their own time farming something on a dead server.

Obviously someone pays initially the $18 for a krono maybe on a popular/new TLP or on a live server then it eventually travels to a black market krono seller and into the hands of someone for half that price who value it half as much and are more likely to sell it to a box farmer who has a lot of platinum. People buy things for platinum still so a box farmer can either get krono for its items or accumulate platinum from the items and buy krono with that.

Youd really have to just have the whole game die IMO. I bet you can go on lockjaw and ragefire and find kronos to buy. If the server gets THAT dead they end up merging it with another more lively server thus repeating the cycle.
  14. code-zero Augur

KronoKing, what the heck are you talking about?

Of course you'll find Krono to buy on RF/LJ, Krono are account wide and work on not just any other server but any other Daybreak game as well. In fact Krono can support membership for games that don't even sell Krono within the game if I'm recalling correctly. As for server merges....that's funny stuff right there :D
  15. KronoKing Elder

i know these things. dunno where i mislead you. was just saying a server never really dies to where you cant get krono on it.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Nvidia users have ShadowPlay built in as well.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Nvidia ShadowPlay is running all the time if you have it enabled. You can simply hit a key to record the last X minutes of gameplay. I believe it defaults to 5 minutes but I forget. Probably the MS Windows 10 stuff works the same way.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. modsiw Augur

Sure can warp tho
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  19. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Hey for you guys who are plagued buy the Krono farmers, you can do something to cut them out of circle of life. Transfer back to live servers, and join one of the numerous high end raiding guilds who are looking for talented players. I personally, am in one, and have been in high end raiding guilds since about 2004. I don't worry about the yahoo farming Krono's because I have a guild full of friends willing to help if I need them. All the gear I will ever need, I can earn by supporting raids. I go out of my way to support my fellow guild members and they also help me out if needed. On both Xegony and Luclin, those grief/hackers aren't that noticeable. And believe it or not , there are tons of guilds advertising for talented folks, bring your skills and class knowledge and apply. Gear can be upgraded, but skilled players are highly valued. Not every guild is a good fit for every player, but many are. I suspect you will be much happier in a well established guild, with good gear and friends to help.

Take a moment to look on the recruiting forums, check out the guild pages, check out magelo's etc. and find a couple good guilds that would fit your schedule. Make contact , see what class needs are , and if they would have openings in the future. Always there is attrition in guilds. Getting into a good guild, in my opinion would probably make your gaming experience that much more enjoyable. Please shoot me a tell in game [t xegony.kurage if you have questions. I know lots of good people game wide and may be able help you find a place that suits you.
    code-zero and Risiko like this.
  20. yerm Augur

No.