Serverwides are lagging out the server "Selos"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Hamshire Augur

Everytime a serverwide goes out on Selos all chat channels lag out for a good 10 to 20 seconds and its very very annoying and messes up heals on raids and tells on loot among many other things.

If we are going to continue to have serverwides go out can this issue be fixed and or can we have serverwides removed at least until this issue is fixed?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Every. Time.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This Fishlord event is going to be glorious
  4. yerm Augur

Just remove the serverwides. All of them. Not just the out of era ones either, kill them all. Or, if you must, have them fire literally once EVER per server for the first kill and never again.

These are an annoying relic of the combine and sleeper implementation and frankly do not fit into the current tlp design (the t in tlp...) and can just go away.
    YourNameHere and Tankz like this.
  5. Iyacc Augur

I vote to remove them too. Who gives a plague rat's what other guilds are killing and when?

(I don't expect them to remove them but this is one of the few posts on these forums that actually make sense and aren't just stupid from the jump.)
    YourNameHere, Lateryn and yerm like this.
  6. taliefer Augur

i kinda like the serverwides, shows how active a server is.

but i dont like em enough that if they are causing problems that i think they should stay. axe em if they are causing lag~
  7. niente Developer

I'm just curious what makes you certain that serverwide messages are what is causing lag?
  8. DeseanJackson Augur

I say get rid of them for all but current era bosses, at the very least. Why do I need spammed about someone doing Phinny again three expansions later?
  9. Gana Augur

You certainly don't need them if your server has AoC...
  10. a_librarian Augur

I like the serverwides
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For the past few weeks during raids we get large "hiccups" in the server where chat just stops functioning for 5-15 seconds at a time. OFTEN this is then followed by a serverwide message like Tipsy Teena's race or someone killing one of the many raid bosses that send one out.

This isn't ALWAYS the case. Sometimes we get chat lag without a serverwide, MOST of the time we do get lag with a serverwide. This wasn't the case on Phinny but it is very apparent on Selo, at least if you are in the middle of a raid when they go off.
    Elyani likes this.
  12. Efwan Journeyman

I was wondering what was doing this last night couldn’t pinpoint it but it really made for some rough moments on AoW with 40 people lol
  13. Imukai Augur

I would love a way to squelch them if you aren't going to remove them yourselves. They are an unnecessary, uninformative bit of spam. Who cares that Phinny died for the 100th time today? Everyone that (possibly) cares is already present at the raid.

The old "Norrath is quiet" as someone got their Epic 1.0 was nice since it represented an actual achievement for someone -- but I am glad it is gone. These raid kills need to follow suit.
  14. Hamshire Augur

Couldnt explain it better myself.

This thread isnt about liking serverwides or not, its about serverwides lagging the server out and it really needs fixed or serverwides should at least be removed until the issue is fixed.
  15. yerm Augur

I think there is an issue with chat lag that is quite severe and was not present anywhere close to this bad in the past. We all appreciate you figuring out what causes it, serverwides or otherwise, and fixing it.

In the meantime please dump the useless serverwides.
  16. Paithian New Member

was doing the same for me with rep messages. turning logging off stopped it
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

All the servers are having a lag issue atm.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This isn't related to FPS/stuttering lag issues from the log files since the patch, this is a chat server lag. The game itself continues to run fine during the occurrences outside of chat.
  19. Corydon Augur

Smarta$$ answer: Last time I checked the server name was "Selo".

Dumba$$ question: What is a serverwide? Would like to understand the problem.
  20. JBizzle Journeyman

*whew* I thought it was my PC or router.