Gnome Heritage Armor - Texture Problems

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Imukai, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Imukai Augur

[IMG]

So with the armor kits in the Gnome Heritage, all of them are very super saturated (to me). The plate appears 100% white instead of metallic. The leather is very washed out (example above). A monk turned up in Unrest the other night wearing blue superhero pajamas.

It looks right in the Preview window, but on actual characters it is very wrong.

Is this just me? I thought maybe it was an Advanced lighting problem but it's the same on or off. Other heritage / hero's forge stuff is fine.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

This has been happening for a long time ago.
    That is, the color appearance may differ between the character select and in the game.

What changed in the other day's patch is how the item lights up.
  3. Prathun Developer

This was a bug. One of our artists has fixed the problem internally.
    Should look correct after the May update. Please let us know if you find any other similar issues. :)
    Clfyts and Act of Valor like this.
  4. Gaarbage Journeyman

Technically this has to do with Gnome armor, but more of a universal armor bug. If the helmet graphic (ornament or standard) is enabled on a troll it shows up fine. Anytime an illusion wears off, the helmet graphic disappears and you have to manually re-equip the helmet for the graphic to show up again.
  5. svann Augur

Pretty sure its all races. Helm graphic defaults to some basic helm graphic.
  6. Prathun Developer

Verified. Created a ticket for this. Thanks!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  7. Imukai Augur

You indicated the root texture issue would be fixed in the May patch. It was not.

Though I guess to be fair, May isn't over yet. And technically you didn't say which May. But I was hopeful that you actually had meant the patch we just went through.
  8. Gaarbage Journeyman

Thank you, helmet bug appears corrected.
    Prathun likes this.
  9. AcemoneyFV Augur

What's up with your face changing when zoning with an illusion activated?

I bought the Persistent Illusions AA so I could keep the illusion while zoning but it gives me the ugly mean looking face every time I zone, so I have to recast the illusion to get my normal pretty face back. :p
  10. Prathun Developer

Can you provide a screenshot or an item name example of a HF armor texture looking blown out?
  11. Imukai Augur

I think it has been fixed at this point.

The set in my opening screenshot was the Meldrath Gnomish Leather, which no longer looks blindingly washed out today when I tried it again. I've also noticed recently some of the gnome Plate sets don't look completely white like they used to.
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Natal Augur

It doesn't look the same on all computers though, so it might be an issue with the particular in game graphics setting on individual machines, or the video cards used, or the drivers used. As a result some people may not see anything unusual and say there is no problem, while for others it will be a big issue.