Endgame Enchanter Power?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Slayerwolf Elder

Hello! :)

I'm one of those few people who don't enjoy boxing. :confused: I'd prefer to not have a box. The best choices I've heard from that list would involve chars like Shadowknight, Mage, Beastlord, Bard, Shaman, etc. However, out of all the suggestions, I'm most keenly interested in being an Enchanter. o_O I loved being an enchanter on live back in the 00's.

So, can enchanters molo group named in TBL at least tier 1? :eek: I know this is an extremely high bar to set, but I don't want a class that couldn't at least be ABLE to do this at some point. Most people say enchanters absolutely suck and are buff bots, but then there are those who say they are powerful. Which is it?
  2. Yendar Augur

Enchanters are extremely powerful.. As a group geared toon you’d probably have the best chance to molo namers with a chanter than any other class. SKs are the most OP class but without raid gear I’d say a Dire Charm pet is going to make a better tank for specific fights. That being said no classes really effectively molo TBL namers in group gear.

Enchanters molo fairly well, it’s a little slower than say a beast/mage but they can do much harder content because of their CC/pulling abilities.

I’d recommend SK or Ench of the classes you mentioned.
  3. Slayerwolf Elder

Yendar,

Could you give me your chars name in game and the server? I'd like to ask specific questions, but doing so on the forum is time consuming and difficult.

Thank you for the insight!!
  4. Brohg Augur

this is a weird assertion. You should encourage whichever people you're sourcing as "most" to present their case on these forums.
    Whulfgar and Tucoh like this.
  5. Nifty Slacker Augur

Enchanters can save the group from bad pulls over and over again. Punt that mob out and blur it, do whatever you want. In the right group, they add a lot of dps to the group, although their own damage output isn't setting a record any time soon. I never solo with my enchanter, but I hear of people doing it so it's certainly an option. Moloing current expansion namers is probably a bad idea though, but that's par for the course.
  6. gotwar Gotcharms

Hi!

Yes, but there's several classes that can do it significantly better/faster.

People say this because Enchanters are generally viewed as a class with a high skill ceiling. There's a lot of different ways to approach group content as an Enchanter, and that makes it hard to know what the "best" way to tackle content is.

Your solo/molo power as an Enchanter was significantly impacted over the last year or two. It's still viable, but incredibly slow in current content. You simply don't have the raw DPS to chew through content in a timely fashion. You're definitely better off grabbing a group to speed things up. Even the addition of a single friend can make a huge difference.

tl;dr: Can you do it? Yes, but it's slow as hell and it's much better to just get a group.
    Mintalie, Cailen, RPoo and 1 other person like this.
  7. Scorrpio Augur

Chanters recently took some hard knocks to their DoTs and Bite of Tishan AA got a major nerf. Still a very powerful class if played right.
    Cailen and Whulfgar like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Enchanters are a great class.

This might be unpopular, but personally if you're looking to solo/molo as your primary gameplay in EQ, there are better games out there. There's nothing wrong with soloing/moloing between groups or to improve your skills, but it's going to get boring quickly and an enchanter is at its best in a group.
  9. Mazame Augur

Boxing Vs Solo is two Very different things when it comes to Enchanters.

Playing a chanter is one of the hardest classes to master in the game and most people that ise it as a buff/cc bot don't know their true power.

of the 3 classes that are able to solo current content SK, Nec, Chanter. Keep in mind being able to solo / molo is something that not everyone is able to do. the game was build around grouping so to do things on your own takes skill and has a diffent learning curve.

As a chanter you have many tools based on what your doing. for Names Charm is often your best friend.

for XP you can reverse charm kill. This is where you charm a mob and have other npc kill your pet then at the last sec drop the pet and kill it. This takes a lot of skill to do right but if done correctly can be some of the best solo xp in the game.

what is comes down to is almost everyone has a chanter bot. but only a few can play a chanter well. those that know the power of the chanter know how OP they are but it take effort to learn how to play them.
    RPoo and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

As a warrior.. I can tell you flat out enchanters are beyond awesome to play. By far and away thee most favorite of my toons outsidemy warrior main.

They are able to tank .. charm tank.. mez.. and dps as well ..
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

They literally make TBL content trivial..
  12. Whulfgar Augur

With the stacking of runes.. on grp players they can make almost every names in tbl.. trivial..
  13. mmats Augur

Since the Bite of Tashani nerf enchanters are only good for one thing, changing dirty diapers.

Though you may not mind since you werent around to experience what an enchanter should be versus what they are now.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Enchanter runes stacking is BOSS ..

Nureya - DD spell rune ..
    Milyex - Dot spell rune ..
    Auspice - DS spell rune..
    Tenebrous - incoming damage ..
    to help regulate ALL TBL named (makes it stupid easy)

Pet tanking : Yes their pet's not the most Tank heavy tank pet out there, but currently its got incredibly SICK agro .. which DOES help when tanking TBL named that can / do mez / fear ..

Charm Tanking : One of if not thee single most powerful thing they can do against another mob..

Slow : Obvious one here, but still always VERY useful no matter what.

Friendly Stasis : The ability to "fade" your grpmates OFF of agro .. seriously this is badass !

Arcane Whisper : Literally THEE best pull method in game (even if 1 time use per 10 min)

Banishment : Both single target as well as AoE , VERY useful if you know how to actually use this.

The list literally goes on an on .. They are pure BEASTMODE toons..
    RPoo and Madmax1939 like this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

While boxing my chanter, I've easily had pulled 15+ tanked 3 or 4 at the same time while keeping no less then 12 100% completely mez locked with easy..
    RPoo likes this.
  16. Daedly Augur

Just want to make sure I am not missing it, but do enchanters not have a single target activated Tash AA? I looked but could not find one which seems odd.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

No AA but single target spell, or clicky?
  18. Horyuken Augur

I thought this was a thread about Advengers Endgame. :(
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Verily Tjark Augur

We're terrible. We can't even punch our way out of a paper bag.

Message me in game for details... bristle.verilyx
    RPoo likes this.
  20. mmats Augur

No that would make too much sense. Much like Bite of Tashani made too much sense in that it was too enchanter-ish. Naturally devs had to nerf it and call it an upgrade.
    Cailen likes this.