How many guilds policy is to sell Shield of the Immaculate?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Rcbauer Augur

thank you
  2. Machentoo Augur

Why would guilds have a policy for an item that is one groupable?
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Raiders are my best customers in the tunnel for selling their raid loot and buying it..... :rolleyes:
  4. Rcbauer Augur

It's not one groupable at this time on Mangler
  5. Misaligned Augur

Our guild's policy is to not sell any item which contributes to or aids the success of the guild as a whole, at least in era. This includes the Shield of the Immaculate.

What people do with items they acquire in open world on their own time is up to them and should be decided between those who participated in the acquisition of said item(s).

I'd like to think people would just hang on to stuff and make their characters better but the allure of krono to employed adults should not be underestimated. Magelo should just add krono count as a character stat and it can be the ilevel of EQ.
    Grogak likes this.
  6. phaeril Augur

To be fair, some low-to-mid sized guilds (and/or individuals in general) could benefit more from selling items that fetch astronomical values to ease gaps in Kunark. Shield of the Immaculate is a good example of it might being worthwhile to sell it before it can be acquired with like 2 groups (or less, even) and bank up a little krono for buying things that might prove more difficult to attain in era. Trak guts and green scales come to mind but i'm sure there are others.

Sure, it probably does a better job of increasing your current strength at this moment but long term it may be better to save that value for a better cause later. I guess my point is, the allure of being condescending about what people do with loot should not be underestimated.
  7. Rcbauer Augur

How about raid forces of 70+?
  8. Ceffener Augur

How many do you know of with this policy?
  9. VandilIzer Augur

While I understand your frustration with your, I assume former, guild Machen is right, this is groupable content. It certainly isnt taking 54 people to clear Hate in era on Mangler as it didnt for any other TLP. 2-3 groups should / can do this mob, that being said I assume this dropped during a raid so its a raid item.

Now with that there are 2 perspectives, 1) taking a item that sells for a ton for guild bank to fund all your potions, gems and consumables is a good idea, IF its actually being used that way and IF its necessary. 2) Taking the chance for all members to earn and win a item that they either will use or will sell themselves is kind of a move to some extent as well, those raiders and thus DKP earners IMO deserve a shot at winning a item that can benefit them, even if their intention is to sell it for krono that krono would in turn make it so they can buy gear for themeselves.

I can only say how we did things in my guild and how it worked, but there is merit in both ways.

For us we DKP all major raid drops and collected Rot items (back when they were not no drop) to sell and took all plat / gems during raids to fund the guild bank, this allowed us to DKP every item, AoN's BoC's etc to members to do with as they pleased and still be able to fund the guilds needs for gems potions etc, there were times it was tight but it worked fine.

If we had gone the other way we would have asked the guilds opionion, do they prefer bidding on everything but have to provide all consumables (and HoT pots aint cheap) or lose out on a item here or there the first few drops so the guild can fund everything for them for years to come.

I like to think most people still playing this game would see the bigger picture and be willing to miss out on the first drop or 2 to benefit everyone long term and thats how the vote would go if the leadership felt like that was what was needed for them to long term provide for the guild, but you never know.

You are obviously in the other camp and prefer to benefit individuals to the group as a whole. To each their own.
  10. Rcbauer Augur

i see your perspective. The fact is the guild takes all splits and gems already and requires members to fund their own potions and resist gear.

I wonder if the members left will require transparency as to how much is in the guild bank and where it goes.
  11. VandilIzer Augur

Yeah, if they arent providing resist gear potions and consumables for people, then its a move to take high value items people can use to sell and provide for themselves.

We kept a google spreadsheet, that literally ANYONE could view at any time, the officer updated in the number of krono, plat and items we had available after every raid. (Did this until DoN and Guild Hall Came out).

If someone needed a item from guild bank all they had to do was look up the spread sheet which was linked on our forums. But I believe im 100% transparency to avoid any chance of drama, and if there was ever a item, flag, or whatever we gave out, we posted how and why (BoC for instance we gave to warriors first, for obvious reasons, but it was still explained.)

While we dont use the spreadsheet anymore (as guild bank is purely plat now), my members know if they need any consumable for raiding (potions, gems etc) all they have to do is ask and we will happily give it to them.

Also we do krono giveaways, not as much anymore since the price is drastically higher, but I used to give 3-4 Krono away a month to guildies, you couldn't win twice but if we ever got/get enough in the guild bank that I feel we have an excess, I like to give it back to the guild in some way.
  12. Tymeless Augur

everything in the guild bank is actually posted in the important information channel in our discord that you had access to if you had ever bothered to look around on discord. Additionally we had an extra channel named the iron bank where people could make requests from the guild bank that again you had access to. Furthermore actually Zilias has spent about 20 krono of his own helping our tradeskillers getting up so we can make potions at cost, make resist gear and other tradeskill items at cost for people etc. as well as giving potions out to those that asked for them. Finally once that shield is sold potions, and reagents will be provided for free as long as we possibly can provide them free. You would know that if you were still around in our discord and the guild and wouldn't have rage quit last night or bothered to talk to someone instead of coming on the forums and trying to trash us.
  13. VandilIzer Augur

Sounds like they do provide the info I was talking about =P
  14. Tymeless Augur

Sorry if I came off aggressive here. I completely understand there was some confusion over it in the moment and as a result we are correcting things so there is no confusion moving forward. We will take ownership of our part in this issue that even though it had been discussed in voice previously and had been discussed in multiple chats it was not easily accessible information as it was put on the back burner for other things we as a raid force were trying to get organized moving forward. Its unfortunate that we lost a good member of our guild as a result and I'm willing to talk to that member in person if he ever wants to address it with me as I'll be reaching out to him ingame sometime soon if he is willing to talk. I however will never sit idly by and allow my guild to be openly attacked. There are too many good people in our guild and everyone of our members works hard to make a casual guild be successful including a person that can't even play right now because all his free time is spent doing dkp entry and updating the website etc for us. So please if you have beef with a decision we made talk to us in the end you may not like our decision and you are free to leave. You may be able to help us come up with a different better solution and everyone benefits in the long run. Or several other things could happen. In the end its a game we aren't going to agree on everything. I wish you happiness in your future exploits in Norrath whether we can work something out and you can come home or you move on either way goodluck.
  15. phaeril Augur

70+ naked 50s can beat anything, who cares what they do?
  16. Paithian New Member

it seems like all the info was there for transparency that the OP whined about but chose not to utilize.

most guilds i have been in have had the policy of either selling the shield if/when it drops, or keeping one and then selling any extras that drop. the simple fact is the item sells for a stupidly high amount of krono, and krono never goes down in value. selling it now, or at least one if it drops, is sometimes the smarter move for a guild depending on their set up.
  17. Gremin Augur

We kept them all, even traded for some back in Kunark+ days. They are invaluable to have them on every single raider going forward as we just found out in beating PoR and a lot of previous raids so far.
  18. Xeris Augur

I'd ban someone from guild that sells droppable loot.
  19. Setver New Member

We sold one on phinigel as a guild, and everyone who was at the raid got 2 krono.
  20. Tymeless Augur

So what problem does that solve the person you kicked still got the krono and now they are free to join another guild. They aren't going to be upset that you removed them from the guild. The guild still got absolutely no benefit from the shield. There are two options you can let people spend their DKP or win the roll and win the item and live with the possibility they are going to sell the item or you can sell the item and benefit the whole guild with supplies.