Policies are replacing common sense

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paincake, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

It takes more resources to police both than it takes to police just one of the two.

And, I'd be willing to bet that kill stealing is FAR more prevalent than training.

Especially when you consider contested situations where two groups are trying to tag the mobs at the same time.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Have you signed up?
  3. code-zero Augur

If DPS race is the rule and camps aren't recognized then kill stealing is totally non existent as far as they are concerned. The only problem is in the minds of those who believe something that isn't so anymore
  4. code-zero Augur

5. Elemenopi Augur

Seen this all the way back to 1999. Very hard to gain evidence of. Still dont recommend as if you get caught its still against the rules.

What people do is get on their caster and run invis all the way to the bottom of the dungeon, or as far as they can go. Aggro a few mobs in a deep camp, then gate to their bind point which is a few feet away from the zone line. Run from there to somewhere close to the camp being trained but not within line of sight. As high quantities of mobs start pouring in wiping the box army out, re-gate to the zone line and zone over.

How people know about charm-gate but have never seen train-gate...
    Especially famous in KC. When you see VS at the zone line, you know someone probably used this tactic. If youre sitting in a camp and get rolled by a ton of mobs seemingly out of nowhere, someone probably used this tactic.
  6. code-zero Augur

Gate wipes aggro
  7. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

I dispelled a charmed mob that was stolen from me and got a warning from a GM so you are wrong there...
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

no it doesnt, if you go far away enough it does, but if you dont hit the distance for the mobs to deagro it doesnt clear
  9. Elemenopi Augur

Correct, and in places with higher/lower floors the game still sees you as "close enough" to the mobs.
  10. Elemenopi Augur

Nope, because as stated before, policing the KS means the train never occurs. When policing one prevents the other, its not an additive effect.
  11. DeseanJackson Augur

Did you kill said mob or were you trolling the group that offended you? Did you rebuttal?

As much as you want this to be the case, it simply isn’t true. Training happens for a lot of reasons, not just KSing.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Who owns the NPC / Camp 1st?

If I can place a character at a camp 24/7 does that mean I own it until I leave?
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Elemenopi Augur

Yet they are willing to enforce anti-train (the thing that happens more often according to you) but not enforce anti-KS, due to lack of resources.

Seems legit.

Only it doesnt.
  14. Elemenopi Augur

They used to have a first engage policy. Those questions were all answered there. Its not like customers are asking them to reinvent the wheel here, just reinstate it.
  15. Buri Augur

Yes, of course. I'm just not sure what point you're trying to make, in relation to what I said. Are you trying to say I shouldn't use real life analogies here?
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

So if I tag the mob 1st I get it? That is what engage means?
    Well tell them to setup a way to make that a game mechanic.

Otherwise it's just ticket central
    Right now the mechanic is 51% DPS, the game enforces it.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

Let's suppose that I'm in a group at some camp and some of my friends log on and ask to join but the group is full. Is it okay for me to train my current group then drop them and invite my friends in instead?

What if I was at the camp before the other people in that group, wouldn't that make it okay?
  18. code-zero Augur

As for first to engage, as I recall whoever has the lowest latency is always the person to be able to target and tag first. So basically if you're lagging or slow you still aren't getting anything
  19. Elemenopi Augur

They dont apply because people play RPGs to get away from RL for a few hours. They dont want to be screwed in game, then told too bad because this is how it works in RL.
  20. Elemenopi Augur

IMO the error isnt the current policy. Its having a different first engage policy for 15-17 years, then initiating a NEW policy which allows players to steal other players time investment, while still enforcing the old policy that disallows the player to retaliate. This is a recipe for shenanigans.

I also believe that had Vi/989/SoE used this current policy back in 1999 the game likely wouldnt have made it to 2005 before it became servers full of box armies and nothing else.
    Captain Video and Scruff like this.