Selo: Teleportation Stones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Corydon, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Corydon Augur

2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

They've actually been around on Selo since I think week 1? But, yeah... I don't imagine many people bought them at $2 a pop. I see how they could be OKAY for at the very beginning if you wanted to buy one and parcel it to an alt to rapidly get them somewhere (as they are tradeable) but still I don't like that they found a way to put marketplace buck items on ingame merchants.

Edit: I guess its 5 for $2? When i checked the vendor last it looked to be a single item for the 199 DBC but i didn't actually purchase one.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They were there since Selo launched, they just didn't announce it much because DBG Marketing is terribad.
  4. Corydon Augur

Ah, okay. That changes it a bit. I don't play on Selo so I didn't knew better. Just saw that announcement today in the launcher. Thanks for clarifying!
  5. Risiko Augur

Yeah they were around when the Selo server started I believe. I remember seeing the seller in Akanon, and I was like "what is this?"

I personally can not say that I would every pay $2 for 5 ports little lone 10 ports. It's just not worth it to me, but I can see where this was beneficial on the first week that the server started because, like you said, it allows friends to meet up at level 1 in an area to play together even if their starting locations are on opposite sides of the world.
  6. Gana Augur

I have to agree with Beimeith. I think it is a good idea and implemented well (face it, money is not generally the problem with EQ players)...just the publicizing/marketing failed.
  7. ShivanAngel Augur

I 100% would of bought one if I knew they were around day 1....

That run from Cabilis to dreadlands was a pita
    Volts likes this.
  8. Volts Elder

I had no idea. I would have bough them and picked a different race. I know lots of people who would ahve done the same at launch. If they had advertised and let people know, they likely would have been able to sell a ton more and could have sold them for more $$$.

Static group tank wants to be an iksar, while the druid wants to be a wood elf, bard a human, etc. Just buy this potion and be what you want!

Assuming these have been available since launch, they missed a big opportunity.
  9. a_librarian Augur

I also thought it was 199 points for a single use item. It wasn't really clear on the vendor that you get 5 of the things