Camp check... JK might makes right.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dracon855, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Dracon855 New Member

So I have played this game for years... but apparently these days camp checks don't mean a whole lot and as I understand it if someone wants something they can just show up with more people and take it. Granted a lot do respect camps and kudos for you for keeping the ol knights code alive. I too try to follow it... but its hard when I am sitting there with my chars and a group rolls up it goes kind of like this:

Hey this is camped... Hello? (what follows is a dps race they inevitably win). Ok, that's uh cool...

Anything you can do about this? Creative solutions? We're talking about people who probably won't respond to you knowing they don't need to and there are no repercussions to them for doing this. If you try to fight back YOU are probably the one to get suspended or banned.

I guess you just turn the other cheek and come back another time... But would love to hear some stories or solutions you came up with that I might be able to apply!
  2. Jaenisch Elder

Try not crying on forums and moving to another camp.
    Volts likes this.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

/pick and hope or find somewhere else to go are my two solutions. Not worth my time getting upset or trying to fight people being jerks.

Accepting I won't always get the camp I want has actually made the game more enjoyable for me. I've even discovered some, perhaps sub-optimal, but completely acceptable alternative spots off the beaten path.

Some people suck, and there is severely lacking in-game moderation for a number of reasons, so you can choose to be upset about it or choose to find something else to do.

I'm not saying the feelings of being upset aren't valid, just, clearly nothing is going to be done about it so just manage your expectations.
    Accipiter, jeskola and Kattria Minx like this.
  4. Dracon855 New Member

Noted... Will just be sure to bring something dumb like wizard mana burn because at any moment some person will always go: I can take it so I will. There is also mem blurs and such I suppose. If it was just exp moving to another camp is always an option. Thanks for confirming you are one of those people.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

One thing that could fix some issues in time locked servers is to have epic quest mobs, and other highly sought after mobs be inside instanced events, much like the evolving gear drops from instanced mobs. Thus the mage armies and enchanter-charm-gaters, could do their thing but, at the same time would not prevent regular players who wanted to earn their gear and not have to buy off plat farmers would be allowed.
  6. Dracon855 New Member

Yeah I would love things like agent of change for smaller groups. Just get your own instance and farm epic pieces or rare drops. There are just some camps that no amount of picks really solves. The value of the items is too high and people will always farm for krono if nothing else.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Camp check seems to be a negative thing these days. If the camp you want is not called out, others in zone may rush to it. Better to just run there and look.
  8. trevock Augur

Play it at their own game. Now I always keep my 50 chanter with my lower level group.

I'll bind my chanter somewhere remote in Lower guk (live side or wherever). Leave my druid or my monk there. Go to the frenzy with a lower level character. Any time a mage party or someone tries to think they're cute and come in to KS on the frenzy. I'll charm it and gate. Kill it. Then tell my group to /rand 1000 on the FBSS.

KS'ers you lose.
    Protius likes this.
  9. DeseanJackson Augur

Can’t bind in LGuk.
  10. Dracon855 New Member

Thing is I am there... someone shows up... and starts call of the hero people there I am like huh? What are you doing? Oh being a I see.
  11. trevock Augur

When did they change that? I recall being able to bind cause I remember doing it in Bedroom.
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

A while ago, if not always. Posts here indicate as far back as July 2017 at the earliest.
  13. Risiko Augur

As you already know, camps was always a community-created and recognized thing. SoE never recognized camps. We the community recognized camps, and for the most part we kept the good nature of such things alive and well for many years.

Unfortunately, just like everything in life, there are bad people you have to deal with from time to time. They technically are doing nothing wrong according to the rules set forth by DBG. It's rude what they are doing, but it's not technically against the rules.

Here's the way I would suggest dealing with it.

1. First and foremost, don't start out a conversation with anything along the lines of "This is camped!" The people that are forcibly attempting to take your camp are typically the type of people that are just itching for a fight. They love confrontation, and trust me when I say they wouldn't have come there to take your camp if they didn't have the fire power to back up their rude intentions. It's a losing situation that will just end up with you being upset and logging out for the night mad.
    2. Try communicating with them the same way you would any other person. Be kind. Say hello how are you doing, or something like that. Try to be cordial. Sometimes (not all the time) they end up telling you that they are just picking through to find an open camp.
    3. If they are in fact there to camp the named mob at that location, and there is no way around them taking it, then try to take a more political stance by asking them if they would mind if your group kills everything other than the named mob for experience. A lot of times, these people just want the named mob, and if you are nice to them, they will be nice to you. On very rare occasions, they will offer to let you loot something off the named that they already have/get. It's not going to happen often, but your odds of that happening is higher than if you start a fight with them.
    4. Try another pick, camp, or zone.
    I know. I know. It sucks to lose the camp that your group worked hard to establish in the first place, but really the alternative is getting really mad and logging out for the night if not for ever.

The bad people are not going to go away. They will be here no matter what. It's how you interact with them that makes all the difference, and believe it or not, some of those bad people end up being nice to you once they get to know you aren't going to feed their desire for confrontation.
    incredulity likes this.
  14. Joeyrgegjwj New Member

There is only one option: mark down their names and return the favor at a much more opportune time.

A couple weeks ago I had waited for days to get the Ghoul Lord camp in Lower Guk. After two spawn cycles a group of bags came running into the camp (with a small train) and the lead bag said it is now camped by them and made up some nonsense about "your instance must have crashed". My instance couldn't have crashed since by Bard's melody was still running lol.They called me a few names like little kids like to do, etc.

So I marked their names down and I now have four people and one guild I am free to KS, train, and basically do whatever I want to anytime I see them. It is much more useful to train someone when you run into them in Hate or Fear than it is in Lower Guk.

I also KS'd their Ghoul Arch Magus spawn and got the robe, which I happily showed them afterward.
    Meridian likes this.
  15. Dracon855 New Member

Haha sadly I love confrontation myself so sort of a bad mix. Unfortunately not much you can do that is not considered under the broad term of harassing other players. Thanks for some tips though. I still think I will try some mem blur/charm shenanigans if I was there first. But alas I know that won't work often either.

Other than that maybe just sit there and enjoy a movie, maybe crack some jokes.
  16. Christopher84 Journeyman

Always worth trying to talk to the person, but ultimately unless you're a wizard or a class that can charm, there is nothing you can really do about a mage who wants to move in and take the camp by force.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The problem isn't the guy stealing your quest item from a rare mob, or even the person stealing your camp.

The problem is that the game was built on spawn timers in 1999 when, player power was low, the knowledge was limited and the population of min/max gamers was split over 20+ servers.

It's a development issue....
    Spawn times for quest mobs and items should be much quicker
    Spawn times for mobs in all areas should be sped up just due to the player power and population on a server.

I went to OOT to camp the AC ring, oh joy even advertising I'd buy the stupid ring led to tons of people thinking it was their camp or god forbid the thing spawned 2 inches from me and I killed it and I hear from 101 people that I stole their camp....:rolleyes:

The game's mechanic in terms of timing is based on a 1999 idea of working through it, while on a TLP we are on a accelerated time-table with a majority of folks knowing everything about every inch of the game.
    Malachi, Captain Video and Tymeless like this.
  18. KronoKing Elder

Camp checks dont always matter. Some people will just come to your camp without CC, or even after you call it, still come and tell you that you arent clearing the whole camp so they're going to just kill around you or over you. You get the peksy solo enchanters that will come and charm away a named from you if you arent looking or take your PH (disco) if you arent looking. Just gotta be on top of everything and dont leave anything up for them to take. Always keep see invisible up, lot of people think they're sneaky watching you invis but soon as you say Hail, Invisibleman they scatter.
  19. Piku Elder

I enjoy doing a camp check, then if multiple spots at taken, I single one of those spots out and say, "K, moving into *name of spawn*" for fun. Then say, "too late, group moving in now," etc. etc.
  20. code-zero Augur

EQ is like an auction. Whoever can bid the most DPS wins the kill