Headshot grouping

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kenshon, Apr 24, 2019.

1. kenshon Journeyman

At Sarnak camp in FM with a 110 ranger (auto-grant AAs +270) and headshot, averaging 80-90k dps. Have been carrying my lower level war and bard.

My warrior dinged 105 and I outfitted him in RoS T1 gear. Started tanking with him rather than just root rotting with ranger. He has 3k dps and requires me to add a merc healer.

Pretty convinced it's better xp to just disband the merc and just have the warrior sit in the corner leeching.

Given how abhorrent his DPS is without better AAs, it's not like I can even have him finish out a mob while I pull another mob on the ranger.

At what point does it even make sense to have the warrior actively in the mix while headshotting?
  2. Tucoh Augur

3k dps? You should equip a weapon!

But seriously, an unbuffed level 105 warrior with TBM vendor gear should be putting out closer to 30k dps. With ranger buffs it should be higher. You'll probably want to dual wield and ensure battle leap's warcry effect is up. Go get him a wurmslayer at your earliest opportunity.

Here's a good guide on warrior DPS:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dps.5127/#post-3663230

And here's just looking at autoattack DPS with different types of buffs that I made in the TBM timeframe when I was learning EQ.
    [IMG]
  3. kenshon Journeyman

Wow I must be doing something seriously wrong. My ranger must be even more messed up then.

My 105 War has 140khp, 4k ac and truly 3k dps with a honed wurmslayer and shield.

My 110 ranger with the gnomework bow only does 30k on sustain.

Note that I only have autogrant AAs...
  4. kenshon Journeyman

Note that my Ranger has tons of heroic dex, runs all arrow attacks, dicho, bonecrawler dot, and keeps discs on cooldown -- auspice, guardian, scarlet cheetah, outriders, pureshot, etc.

Hasted to 225% (but only lvl 85 bard buffs)
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Which version of Gamparse do you use?
  6. kenshon Journeyman

7. Monkman Augur

What’s a “ton” of hdex?
  8. Brohg Augur

I think you may be filtering out Other Damages Other in game? should look like this:[IMG]
  9. Roxas MM Augur

i play on Phinny and we're in UF atm. The warriors in my guild ( lvl 85 ) will put out up to 12K dps on burns with some support. There is definitely something wrong with your parsing...:)
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

I'm going to assume you're standing on the hill facing Droga with the Druid ring to your left.
    Depending on how many yard trash spawns you are able to reliably keep down before respawn should dictate whether or not it's worth having a Cleric merc up so your Warrior can contribute.

Worth It

Unable to reliably keep the circle of reveler mobs down.

Almost certainly not worth it

The reveler circle.
    Higher static berserker spawn to your left.
    Lower static spawn berserker to your right.

Not worth it

The reveler circle.
    Higher static berserker spawn to your left.
    Lower static spawn berserker to your right.
    Open area roamers, pathing down below to your left and right.
    Static mini camp (2) further along to your right.
    The summoning Droga sentries.
    The static berserker beyond the "pit".
  11. Evye Augur

ABC Always Be Casting.
    Use Fintanks ranger setup.
    In that situation.
    Try this I find it fun and works well
    Use a tank merc no healer.
    You should be able to kill the mob before the tank needs a heal.
    Heal up your merc with a couple ranger heals.
    Lather rinse repeat.
  12. Tappin Augur

You do not have enough AAs. My rogue's auto attack and BS is greater than your combined DPS.