Selo OW spawn rate actually slower after patch - VT hasn't spawned in 4 days now

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I Love Lamp, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hateborne New Member

While I am on Mangler, I will admit that I'm just under 2 hours without a Mucktail spawn (which feels weird). Admittedly, I'm not stressing out over it, but it seems weird that these mobs are spawning every 2 minutes....yet no Mucktail </3.
  2. theonetheonly New Member

Link to VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/415510786

Starting near the beginning and failure to spawn around 13:00 in.

TM Zerumaz @ 2:00
    Warden Mekuzh @ 2:30
    TM Vezakaha or whatever @3:00
    TM Mikazha @ 4:00
    TM Keuzozh @ 5:15
    TM Kavamezh @ 6:05
    TM Revan`Kezh @ 7:05
    TM Zhe`Vozn @ 7:05
    Rhozth Ssravizh @ 8:05
    Rhozth Ssrakezh @ 10:00

That's everything required to spawn Cursed.

I'm sure there's a VOD of our Sunday morning failure to spawn somewhere in Cabdru or Bobbybick's library somewhere too.
  3. taliefer Augur

is 2x live rates slower than what they (and other raid mobs) spawned previously on TLPs?
  4. Hateborne New Member

After ~3h15m, NO Mucktail spawns in Highpass (on Mangler), giving up and moving on. </3
  5. Prathun Developer

I tested the cursed cycle and it worked OK. Killing the ten trigger NPCs spawned a glyph covered serpent and killing a glyph covered serpent spawned Vyzh`dra the Exiled and killing Vyzh`dra the Exiled spawned Vyzh`dra the Cursed.

Fabled does not interact with the mechanics that handle this. They are the same spawns with the same encounters and the same NPCs with the same death events that spawn the same invisible NPCs that have the same dialogues.
  6. yerm Augur

Do it again. Do it a dozen times.

I'm serious and not trying to be difficult here. The spawns usually work, and uncommonly don't. Last night for example was 2 out of 3 successful cursed spawns.

I/we have no idea if it is fableds, that was just a guess, but sometimes for whatever reason we admittedly don't know for sure why, they just dont spawn.
  7. theonetheonly New Member

Since last Wednesday's patch, I believe we've had 2 unsuccessful Cursed spawns (1 OW, 1 DZ) and 7 successful cursed spawns (2 OW, 5 DZ).

I can't speak for the other guilds actively doing Cursed and whether they've experienced the same problems or not, but let's assume they haven't and add another 10 spawns to that total.

That's a high enough rate of failure that it is a significant problem and could be due to any number of things failing during the script, but low enough that it's realistic it could take a significant number of cycles to repro. And again, this doesn't seem to be affecting just Cursed assuming that it's the same problem afflicting Lord Yelinak in DZs.
  8. Prathun Developer

The functionality that handles the Cursed spawns is an original Luclin implementation, which means it relies on death events, dialogues, invisible men, and invisible shouts. If the current method is unreliable, the solution would be to rewrite it. Using scripts.

Lord Yelinak isn't spawning in the Progression instance because of a ZCD association that needs to be removed. It has nothing to do with whatever might cause the Cursed spawn to behave unreliably.
  9. Taladir Augur

On this note, we had Rhag 2 not spawn in our instance of Ssra after the patch on Selo. I thought this might be tied to fabled trying to spawn, but could it be something else?
  10. Prathun Developer

Unable to reproduce this. Rhag`Mozdezh spawned on the death of Rhag`Zhezum on both non-progression and progression, static and DZ.

The Luclin fabled script doesn't run on the Selo server. It will early out on Progression Servers that don't have The Buried Sea unlocked. And even if it didn't early out, the Fabled script doesn't affect something's ability to spawn. It runs on NPCs' idles and handles when and how to seed loot and change their stats and name.
  11. Relentless Insomnia

We pulled a Hole DZ on Mangler on Sunday. There was no Yael in the zone and no one had a Yael lockout.

This is not just a Luclin on Selos problem.
  12. Prathun Developer

Master Yael wasn't spawning because the DZ Setup script had the wrong ZCD for Master Yael. This was hotfixed yesterday. I just double-checked on Progression by creating an instance of the Hole and he spawned OK.
  13. Morad New Member

I can confirm Yael spawned in the DZ as of last night. Though he did take a minute to pop after the DZ opened.

This is on Mangler.
  14. sieger Augur

At the end of the day we'll be out of Luclin soon so it's w/e, but I do think something is "up" with Ssra spawn cycle mobs. I did a lot of testing on the Test server in Ssra Temple prior to Selo launch since it'd been about a year since we killed that content on Agnarr and some things had changed since then. This would have been late January thru basically right before Selo launched, I was probably doing a Ssra DZ weekly on test w/a mixture of level 60s and level 105s. In one of those instances we had Rhag`Zhezum die and Rhag`Mozdezh never spawned, thus ending the AL cycle. With that timeline it probably has nothing to do with any recent changes but is maybe some very low % chance that when a DZ is created sometimes maybe the invisible man triggers or whatever don't spawn right and thus the cycle associated with them doesn't work, I'm not sure. I remember from back on Lockjaw when you guys talked about how convoluted the spawn processes were in Ssra Temple with all kinds of triggers and stuff it sounded like a nightmare and I obviously don't know how it works, but it seems like it may just be some very low chance thing that potentially has always been possible in Ssra DZs on AoC servers.

We've been doing Ssra DZs on Selo basically on lockout the past month and none of our mobs had an issue until the one Taladir mentioned, where one of our Ssra splits killed Zhezum and Mozdezh just never spawned.

We've actually seen a few goofy things in DZs on Selo to be honest, early on we were doing a 3-split of Grieg's End for example and in one of the 3 splits Grieg just wasn't present, like he didn't get created when the DZ was generated. I know something similar happened with Yelinak recently but that got hotfixed. Overall we've had almost no issues but there are a couple one-off low incidence things like that that do seem to happen and that have happened to other guilds too.
  15. Sythrak20 Elder

We had issues with spawning the cursed cycle if we had started another cycle in the zone (like killing the first rhag then going to the basement to spawn cursed). Happened three separate times but if we started one cycle and finished it, we never had a problem.
  16. sieger Augur

Our normal way of clearing Ssra DZ is: Rhag1-->Cursed Cycle-->Rhag2-->HP-->XTC-->AL-->Blood/Emp, we never had the cursed cycle bug out for us so I don't think that would be the root cause, or if it is then it's a low % incidence.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Hello completely unrelated question:

Why does the Agent of Change INSIDE the Plane of Hate/North Temple of Veeshan instance spawn in a random location every time? Just sheer curiosity.
  18. That0neguy Augur

We had it happen only once or twice on Coirnav out of 30+ cycles in OW and DZ. It seems to be extremely rare whatever it is that causes cursed to not spawn.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It follows the raid as you kill stuff, so people don't have to run all the way to the entrance to zone out.
  20. qweasy Augur

No they don't.