Killing EPIC/Quest Spawns Mobs - DV/GM HELP!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tierdal, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Moranis Augur

I don't believe there is any active effort to resolve this type of thing.

I personally had a similar issue on Mangler with the Druid necklace : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5684

One of the steps involves killing a guy in Lfay and immediately upon his death, spawns "a dark elf courier", who you are supposed to kill and loot some stuff. As far as I'm aware, this "a dark elf courier" does not spawn in any way other than killing this particular mob. Probably not as egregious as spawning a mob with a "turn-in", but the mob is "directly spawned" nonetheless. Oddly enough you need to have items from the courier as well as the mob whose death triggers the courier in order to complete the quest.

In any case, it happened twice that this courier was killed on me by druids just hanging out at his spawn point. I petitioned this and got no response.

Again, my case isn't necessarily as solid, but it appears that the whole "wild wild west" thing applies to these types of spawns as well.

Best of luck.
  2. Krezzy Augur

The Spiritwracked Cords quest has been a garbage experience for players on pretty much every TLP. The Angry Goblin spawn timer really needs to be shortened up, and Warlord Skargus's drop needs to be restricted to the hand-in player in a manner identical to Chief Ry`Garr in the 8th ring fight.

(On a side note, the change to the 8th Coldain Ring was a very encouraging move.)
  3. Tierdal Augur

The fact that they have the ability and don't do this on turnin triggers is crazy.
  4. MileyVyrus Elder

Iook on the bright side, most of these epics in question are Iike enc/wiz ones, that are 100% optionaI

Yes, viriginia, you are never winning without an army -- but if you have an army, you are getting something equaI or far better within an expansion for the main hand anyways
  5. Tierdal Augur

Any Dev/Community member form ABG please chime in?

People are starting to KS Ragefires now and selling the quest item to the spawner. This is going to get bad, fast.
  6. Iove Elder

+1
  7. Tierdal Augur

Would be really nice to get an official declaration of intent around these toxic interactions from the team.

People are literally trying to KS quest triggers now. A group KS'd someones Ragefire the other day and SOLD them back the item for Krono. Is this the game we are playing now?
  8. SirLord Journeyman

@Devs this is becoming a serious issue and your CSR policies have seemingly changed to not return items when this occurs. Please institute some guard rails here...
  9. Tierdal Augur

@Dev please help. This is a new level of toxicity. A game called "Everquest" will not survive much longer if bot armies can ruin your quest progress and grief you. This is very different than open world spawn contesting.
  10. Aegir Augur

Is this true?

Bad move, Daybreak... Bad judgement... :(

DPS race against an Openworld mob that spawns by normal circumstances is a DPS race.

Mobs triggered by long grindy quest hand-ins is a totally different story.
  11. Tierdal Augur

It's almost like they are on the SIDE of people griefing others. I literally have no words for this ridiculousness. This is outrageous.

Greetings,

This is Lead GM Emwon, I'm a customer service supervisor here at Daybreak following up on your request for escalation. After reviewing your case it appears the responses you received were correct and I'm regretfully unable to provide a different outcome.

Once the NPC is spawned it is fair game, and we do not recognize kill stealing as a violation of our policies.

If you believe this should be changed at the development level to lock the encounter to the player that spawned the NPC, or if you feel that killing a triggered NPC should be considered a violation of our policies, we appreciate your feedback.

I realize this isn't the outcome you were hoping for an I apologize for the disappointment this has caused.

Regards,
    Lead GM Emwon
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Daybreak Games
  12. Tierdal Augur

Prathun/Windstalker/Mepps... you HAVE to do something here. This is an outrageous policy and not consistent with ANYTHING before. If these griefing guilds realize they can do this, its going to kill the game.
  13. DryalRmog Augur

I would be pretty pissed if someone took my spawned Ragefire. Or a spawned 1.5 epic mob. Anything you had to spend 2-10 hours at multiple camps to get something to spawn something, should not be able to be KSed. The mob would not be there without the spawner putting in the work. That is just stealing.

Real world example #1:

Hot new car comes out (Mob) and someone rushed to dealer to get it, and someone else bought it (Thats DPS race) Think most are ok with DPS race example, you just lost out and didn't win.

Real world example #2:

You work hard and save $25K dollars, for the hot new car, you pay for the car, and it shows up at your house, and someone else rushes over to the car and drives away with it (That's just stealing, and what is happen when you spawn a mob with your hard work, and someone else takes it)
    Aegir likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

You can stop posting this now. We've all read it 3 times. ;)
  15. Ajjantis Elder

No, he should keep posting it untill a dev replies. I wouldnt want to camp the cleric epic mobs again either.
  16. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Sorry to hear that. I have a report sitting around if you ever need someone to help you spawn him.
    ThenaEQ likes this.
  17. Tierdal Augur

Hey look its the guy that did it bragging about it. If this isn't proof positive of a faulty policy, what is?
  18. ThenaEQ Augur

he is offering to help you?
  19. a_librarian Augur

all you are trying to do is extract more anger from the guy, really you are not fooling anyone here
  20. Tierdal Augur

Ill message him in game, but I have my doubts.

If it is anger he is after, he won't get it from me. My anger is at DBG who creates this enviroment.

I hope Amtrak starts KSing peoples 1.5s and Mangler is a #@$-show of people losing all their epic work.

It is the only way to get through to the people who make the rules of the world we play in.