Decap , headshot and assasinate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danite, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silku Augur

Go back and read what I said. I said that they SHOULD get an ability to do that. Not that they already have one.
  2. Shang Augur

The new era of spell book superiority.
    Vouivre likes this.
  3. Ezlano Journeyman

I just did; the lack of proper punctuation makes it hard to truly understand what you are referring to at first read. I stand corrected.

Also, Magicians did have an assassinate via out water pets. It was quite nice pre-Luclin, especially on those fleeing frogs in Sebilis. However, it was not continued to my knowledge, again, past level 60 mobs.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The funny thing about this was the last time people nerd raged about headshot and finally got the devs to change it they screwed up and made even better. Always brings a smile to my face to remember that. So please continue. The next fix will probably make it so we can headshot current raid bosses. Thanks.
  5. Vouivre Augur

No amount of whining is likely to get it removed from the game. It has already been discontinued and will more than likely just never get upgraded again and therefore phased out as expansions continue.

Oh and to the person talking about warriors wanting another 3k AAs to work for, I think you miss the point that it would be an increase in cost rather than actual AAs.
  6. Coruth Augur

Did you bother to read my original post, or did you only read the selective portion quote someone else quoted. I broke classes down specifically, and said the other 2 hybrid high AA classes Paladins and Beast could use this type of AA. So please don't twist what i said to completely opposite.

You realize that those classes have the same arguement and useless AAs. So if theres 3000 useless AAs.
    Rangers go from 11,250 - 3,000 = 8,250 to get
    Warriors go from 8500 - 3000 = 5,500 AA to get.
    Mathematically there still the same number.

Also keep in mind the Low AA bonus is 4,000. Which means 80% of useful AAs a warrior are under that cap for a new warrior. For a Ranger about half are.almost all usefu

No way in #2 at least from a DPS perspective. Classes are balanced including max AAs, I'd bet far and away because that's what prompts the parsing and polling that is compared.

Again, Veterans Wrath for example applies to 100% of a Monks, Zerkers, and Rogues DPS.
    A Ranger gets part of thier DPS spells. They have to not only buy same costing Veteran Wrath AAs to get thier "ROF AA Boost" they have to spend on Nuke Based AAs.

Look at this way. If a group forms Zerker, Ranger, DPS, Bard, Tank, Healer. And that group lesson burns and get 25 AAs. The Zerker finishes 25/8500 of what they need. The ranger finishes 25/11250. way lower percentage. If you drop it to good AAs and it becomes say 25/5000 and 25/8000 it becomes even more obvious an issue. And again, that zerker plops 25 into DPS and that ranger plops 25 aas into DPS. The zerker is getting more of a DPS increase. All while being in same group, playing same game, facing same risk.

This idea of Hybrid "Overpower" ness is mostly the exact myth I was talking about. The myth is because of the hybrids ability to solo for large AAs with the vacuum of not looking at total need.

On raids there is no such thing as "Hybrid" roles. Their are archtype roles CC, Tank, DPS/ADPS, Healing. That's it. I don't see guilds saying "Sorry Necros/Wizards/Zerkers, we are sitting you for some more Rangers/Beast."

((Monks are underpowered but not other pure classes))
  7. Coruth Augur

when I examined Mages on total AA count they were surprising one of the worst classes for XP.
    Despite thier rep as powerful solo/molo class. I really wasn't sure whether to put thm on my "Need" list because of thier behindness in xping or my "Dont need" because they have and will always have a greater ability to Solo/Molo Named mobs.

Course this doesn't explain Necros who were solid in both categories. But who doubts necros
  8. Obiziana Augur

Basically you are saying monks need HS... I totally agree!
  9. Coruth Augur

No they don't need a way to gain XP faster. More monks finished thier AAs in VOA than Rangers did percentage wise.

Monks do need a boost that ups thier desirability in Raid Content.

((I dont see rangers being way recruited to raids over other DPS classes. Hence the idea that beause they have 11k available AAs vs Zerkers/Wizards/etc in 8k range))

((I do see Monks underecruited to raids and riding the sit group more))
  10. gcubed Augur

Actually, SOE could increase the number of AA's. As an example: instead of getting 5 levels of Combat Stability, warriors could get 10 levels. Each would cost the same currently but be half as effective. If SOE did this for every class, all class AA's could be tailored so that if you purchased all available AA's for a class you would have 12k AA's spent. ;)
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Except the Devs have already said more ranks of stuff like CA/CS have zero utility. So warriors or X class with X preferred AA line would in essence be buying nothing.
  12. Sinestra Augur

I think he means that instead of for example taking a class that has a lower AA total who spends 5 AAs per level for 10 levels of <insert any AA line> and making them pay 10AAs per level, you would still charge them only 5, but increase the number of levels to 20 and just lessen the strength of each level. That way it increases the required levels (and therefore cost) rather than just the cost, without giving any power gain.
  13. Bangzoom Lorekeeper

I think what some folks might be missing is just how and why Rangers (and other hybrids who both cast and melee) have more needed AA.

It's the archetype AAs -- for example, Rangers need both melee and priest AAs. With just the melee archetype AAs, we lag on everything from DPS (nuke lines) to healing.

It's the same for every class -- more utility and variety is more costly in AA. As it should be. These are meat-and-potatoes AAs, not gravy.
    Leerah, Sinestra and Tarvas like this.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'd be pretty mad if someone did that to my class just so I could have a higher AA count.
  15. Sinestra Augur

I would as well, but if I spent a whole lot of time complaining about how much better some other class is at something because of a skill then I think I would deserve it. Either equal out the numbers or give the classes with higher counts easier ways to attain them. The whole argument against things like Headshot is all about how it's not fair that one class gains faster. If they want it to be fair, make it really fair, and if they complain about the change, then it proves they really didn't want fair in the first place.
  16. Coruth Augur

Its not the way it SHOULD be.

Lets say baseline AA less a Ranger is designed to do 85% of a Rogue/Wiz/Zerk DPS and heal for 50% of a Cleric/Druid

New Expansion hits. Cleric buys 9% more to thier healing. DPS gain 7% more via Burst of Power and Veterans Wrath.

Ranger to stay at his benchmark 85/50 needs to spend MORE aas than the Rogue/Wiz/Zerk

The point is there was NEVER a problem with Headshot or SK Swarming. HS should have gotten the 2 more levels slated even if Assassinate and Decap did not.

The only classes with room to really complain were the 2 left out pally and beast.
  17. Obiziana Augur

If you take the rationale that classes that need more AA should gain faster, you should look at AA rates. A warrior burning his lesson soloing light blues (such as a HS ranger might do) will gain say, 15-20 AA. A similarly geared ranger flipping instances will get what, 50? Based on what was stated above, that the AA totals for a ranger are approximately 50% higher (12,000 vs 8,000), how does gaining AA at 2.5-3X the rate seem even remotely appropriate. If you want to baseline EXP rate against achievement totals, the ranger should only be gaining at 150% the rate of the warrior. or 22-30 AA per lesson.

Anyhow, I got no problem with HS, just wish they'd spread the love around a bit more to monks! Five Point Palm should make the mobs heart explode and insta-kill the sucker and should be able to proc of any strike!
  18. Ranpha Augur

No, I didn't mean that at all.

I meant warriors should get 3000 extra AA that actually DO something. Every spell caster gets a ton of AA that improves spell casting, yet they get the same ton of AA to improve melee (hybrids) and defensives (all). Sure, there are SOME unique AA, but they are squarely in the realm of "diminishing returns", and usually just a one or two expansions away before being farmed out. Where are the pure melee AA that boost melee and defensives in a way that has synergy with all the other AA? I can name a DOZEN AA that all have synergy with spell casting effectiveness, ranging from more mana regen, to more effective mana use to better results and more crits. There's nothing like that for pure melee.

- AA lines that allow you to reverse crit any hit, where the hit damage gets halved (like dd/healing crit AA's)
    - AA lines that reduce damage by a fixed percentage
    - AA lines that dramatically increase regen, exclusive to pure melee
    - AA lines that add a fixed amount of damage to any succesful hit
    - AA to reset to all discs
    - AA to temporarily reduce re-use time, or increase duration of discs
    - Passive AA to increase disc duration
    - Itemization that increases disc durations / effectiveness / etc. (not AA, but where is it apart from the BP focii?)
    - etcetera...

There should be a real advantage to being a pure class when they are executing their primary role. They should do it more effectively and for longer durations, with the disadvantage being that you are more or less a one trick pony. That's why rogues and zerkers are hands down (or should be atleast) the best melee dps there is. Monks being in between because of their significant survivability skills. Warriors should be hands down the best tank there is in any situation. Don't ask the warrior to pull or heal for you though, it's a one trick pony after all.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

They couldn't even get new AAs out for this expansion and you somehow think they are going to be able to generate 3000 new ones for pure classes? :cool:
    Sinestra likes this.
  20. Sinestra Augur

I'm sure you didn't mean that, but I was actually talking about gcubed's post which is what was linked.

As for more power I disagree. There are plenty of other things the classes you mentioned are good at. If you want for example Rogues to be a true one trick pony, then that one trick would be DPS and it would mean they would have to remove all forms of utility from them. Warriors would get reduced DPS and lose the ability to snare, etc. and Berserkers would lose their abilities to snare, etc. Monks would lose their ability to heal and pull.

Now I'm sure that you'll argue those don't mean much, but you can't have it both ways. You can't consider yourself a one trick pony and have multiple skills. Snaring has nothing at all to do with tanking. It is strictly utility. Wizards are often mentioned as being one trick ponies as well. They get utility too, but it is a lot less of their role then DPS and they aren't even the kings of that.

On top of all of this, honestly the only classes you mentioned that ever have any trouble are warriors in only the group game and maybe monks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.