Selo tradeskill gain rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Pikollo Augur

Is this slower then other shards? Or am I just unlucky? On average it takes me 15-20 attempts for one skill gain (ore more). Even fishing seems slow. After 2 hours of fishing I have 33 skill. I even tried raising my int but its still seems very slow.

Maybe I'm used to live where I could get 400 int?
  2. Protagonist Tank

One skillup per 20 attempts is fast, for tradeskills.
  3. Pikollo Augur

So maybe I just forget how it was back then? I've done all the trades twice. Last time I did them I remember skull ups one in 5-10. Like I said maybe its cuz the int cap was higher and easier to reach.

But still fishing? Hour 3 almost down and I'm at 36 now. So I got 3 skill this hour.
  4. Zipe The Healer

Are you really complaining about raising Fishing and you are at 33?
    People usually just craft baits or that stuff till +170.
    Check eqtraders boards for some guides!
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Maybe your stats are low. I just got fishing to over 30 in maybe 0 or 30 minutes.
  6. Pikollo Augur

Not complaining at all. This is my first time on a TLP and I haven't played EQ since VoA. A lot has changed since then so I'm trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong or if this is the norm.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Fishing is level-capped, unlike most tradeskills, I do believe.

I wonder if that also results in skill-ups slowing down as you approach the cap like they do for other level-capped skills.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Make a hotkey for Fishing and then just slam on it as fast as the re-use timer allows, it's the only way. As far as the rate for any tradeskill levelling is concerned, there should be no difference between any of the TLPs and live servers.
  9. Fan of Scott Journeyman

Took me like a while to get fishing up to 200
  10. Setver New Member

It took me 51 attempts, 48 successes to go from 182 to 183 jewelcrafting today, with 255 wisdom. That to me, seems low.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is not low.
  12. Elyani Augur

Fishing is a boring task that is, and always has been, slow. I just set up four hotkeys (3 for people who don't forage) and put them in my 1, 2, 3, and 4 slots on my hotbar, find an NPC near the water that you can beg off of because why not?? (Felwithe is perfect for this), plop over with the fishing pole.... /beg /fish /forage /autoinv. Then spam 123412341234 while watching a movie on my other monitor lolol. Glance over every 10 minutes to make sure my fishing pole hasn't broken. LOL

I've seen a lot of people recently complaining about how often they fail and how infrequently they get skill ups. But, honestly, tradeskills have always been tedious and expensive. I think the reason why it stands out right now for most people is because they don't have the same disposable income they had on live (or they've never done them before). Failing even trivial combines isn't uncommon if you're still close to the trivial level. If you're skill is 121 and the trivial is 115, expect to still fail a decent amount!! The higher you get with tradeskills, the slower the the skill increase will be. I recall doing hundreds of combines on live before getting a single skill up once I hit like 200. Also, if able, you should do combines closer to your current level. If you're 180, do a combine that is 200 trivial. Doing a combine that is 250 trivial at 180 = more expensive, more failures, fewer skill ups.
    YourNameHere likes this.
  13. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I'm just happy I don't have to individually place components in a tradeskill container and click combine for every single attempt haha
    Elyani likes this.
  14. qweasy Augur

Any chance of ever getting tradeskills updated to be able to so more than 1 combine at a time like WoW? Spending hours doing hundreds of subcombines to do hundreds of combines for 1 skill up sucks.
    fireworks likes this.
  15. ShivanAngel Augur

you can auto combine already...

Tradeskilling feels like it always does, and i am 220+ in all tradeskills.

It has always sucked, and I am thankful for that tbh. Kind of nice being rewarded for putting in the time and plat for something.
  16. qweasy Augur

Hitting combine then AFKing for an hour while gets done is beyond .
  17. Pharone Elder

I can attest to the fact that crafting skill ups are very slow in EverQuest on every server, and have been that way since the beginning of time. I can remember spending a good 6000 plat on the Agnarr server leveling up my shaman's alchemy when the server opened. I don't even want to get in to how much I spent on jewelry skill ups on my enchanter >.<
  18. ShivanAngel Augur

in your opinion...

I am glad they havent caved any further with the "current MMO" tradeskill strategy of get mats, hit combine get skillups.

The RNG can be dumb, but I enjoy the current system immensely.... MAybe its because I am willing to put the time in and most arent... Makes me lots of money.

It is, its even slower at the start of a TLP because int/wis/str/dex are RARELY close to cap.... the difference between skillups at 150 int and 255 int are night and day... like almost double chance night and day. FIrst thing I do before i start tradeskilling on each new TLP is get an int set, pays for itself multiple times
  19. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If you're literally waiting an hour to complete combines, you're not playing in a normal way and are choosing to attempt to grind up your tradeskill skills all at once.

Which is totally fine...

But is also a choice you are making.
  20. ShivanAngel Augur

yup i timed it, 100 combines takes aprox 4 minutes... so 1000 combines would take 40 minutes...

The ONLY time this is relevant is in baking if you are trying to do picnics, and A LOT at once.

even then you can get to a 1000 combine grind in about 45 minutes of subcombines...

The REAL bottleneck to high skill tradeskill grinding is the massive reliance on an enchanter.