Prestige Items - What's the Purpose on Super Old Content?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gilad19, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Gilad19 New Member

Topic mostly in the title, playing the game again and just don't quite understand why Prestige items exist in the really old world content. Would make sense to me if they were to blanket remove prestige items before a certain X-pack, much like they do for unlocking expansions for free. I don't mind paying for AA unlocks and what not (would be nice to have the free/silver aa cap before purchases raised a bit as well), but would be nice to know that we could use really old, crappy gear/augs if we want to.

Similar note to prestige, it would also be nice if they could let you buy a perma-unlock of Rk.III spells under a certain level and just raise the cap with the game's cap.

For an example on something that is prestige locked in old, outdated content: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=55105

What purpose is there in having that locked behind prestige? Or the Anguish Augs? Or really just about everything pre 4ish x-packs back if you really want to push it?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

$$$$$
    It's one way they encourage players to subscribe. Although they do make a tidy profit off those AA and RK II increase thing-a-ma-jiggers in the marketplace. (omg that's a real word - no red for misspell!)

Bottom line there has to be something to make folks want to subscribe - they can't give it all away like the expansions.
  3. GNOME_POWER Augur

I think that I do not have any problems because there are a lot of equipment that can be used free of charge.
    Those equipment can be used if you become a All-Access-Member.