Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheWatcher, Apr 17, 2019.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

2. Volts Elder

Nobody is denying that there is hacking. I just find it hilarious that you mentioned embezzlement charges. LOLOLOLOL!

3. Pharone Elder

I mentioned embezzlement because any action taken by an employee to make money on the side at the cost of their employer with out their employer's consent is embezzlement. It's not a lolololol thing, but what ever.
  4. Concerned Citizen New Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Amazing how I can post 100 instances of an automated box crew where all 3 wizards nuking at exactly the same time. I just posted a handful, so I don't spam the rest of the thread. This is on Selos where it's True Box only. joke of a game when it comes to enforcement on stuff like this.

[Sat Mar 23 05:57:50 2019] Firaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 05:57:50 2019] Blizzaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 05:57:50 2019] Thundaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>

[Sat Mar 23 06:17:10 2019] Firaga begins to cast a spell. <Conflagration>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:17:10 2019] Blizzaga begins to cast a spell. <Conflagration>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:17:10 2019] Thundaga begins to cast a spell. <Conflagration>

[Sat Mar 23 06:19:47 2019] Firaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:19:47 2019] Blizzaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:19:47 2019] Thundaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>

[Sat Mar 23 06:20:27 2019] Firaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:20:27 2019] Thundaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:20:27 2019] Blizzaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>

[Sat Mar 23 06:22:00 2019] Blizzaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:22:00 2019] Firaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:22:00 2019] Thundaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>

[Sat Mar 23 06:23:28 2019] Firaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:23:28 2019] Blizzaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
    [Sat Mar 23 06:23:28 2019] Thundaga begins to cast a spell. <Draught of Fire>
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If someone is able to do that type of casting for any sustained period of time they have some awesome latency between those PCs.... VM's

Even with a simple 2 line assist /pet attack macro for my mages I can't get 3 of them to send in the the pets in the same second. Must be some great latency between Virtual machines. :D
    Concerned Citizen likes this.
  6. Jezzie Augur

I really don't appreciate being called dishonest but I'm still nice enough to help you out.

On the site that states the $10 a month sub gets you advanced plugins and part of the proceeds go to M Q 2 development but it should be pointed out that it's their M Q 2 Devs and not you receiving those monies (correct?)
    The site that you are in no way affiliated with but they collect monies on your behalf (which is a sweet gig btw, I'm going to ask google.com if they'll do the same for me, no affiliation required!).
    The site that advertises the EQMule build for SEQ. You know which site I'm talking about?
    That site has a link to the Showeq forums.

You won't believe this but they have you listed as MySeq Developer. It should be any easy fix though because apparently you're listed as a moderator for that site too.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Truly does not matter if he actively sells a hack, develops a hack or even has any part of it one way or another. The main issue is that DBG does not curtail the usage of such software thus they basically endorse the hacks in a quasi use it but don't abuse it fashion.

All DBG needs to do is stop the following in order:
    1. VM bypasses of truebox (stop this and you stop a lot of abuse)
    2. AFK bots assistance
    3. Warping / teleport hacks
    4. movement / speed
    5. A whole 6 box team levitating without levi buffs
    6. I'm sure enduring breath is a hack as well as above.
  8. Kibanu Augur

You can stop there since it's the first. This cannot be fixed 100%. You can limit traffic by a single external IP but anyone who can set up the VMs to be unaware of each other can easily set up some network tunnels to get around the external IP thing. Let's face it, you won't automate stopping this. However, an active GM force could do this. It's not terribly hard to police. People with legit setups can easily provide picture evidence via email showing their set up and with something in the picture that proves it's legit (they ask you to hold up a piece of paper with some random written on it, etc).
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Just requires having an adequate GM staff with time and resources to do the policing.

Which is likely the sole reason these problems don't get so easily solved.
    Ajjantis and Kibanu like this.
  10. Mang-lurk New Member

They're having a hard enough time punishing the completely obvious cheaters. You have 1 guy with 24+ toons split between 4 camps all with auto pulling monks. Auto buffs. Auto mez etc. If they can't "catch" this guy... then the rest is impossible.

These are not features of the well known program people are mostly talking about.

These are not auto clickers or simple programs. This is an em que 2 that someone spent a lot of time making work on these truebox servers. I doubt eqmule is involved but I'm sure someone managed to replicate his program and get it to work. It looks exactly like kissassist if you actually watch the bots in action and can see how impressive it is. Most people watch and even refuse to believe it's not a person playing. When you realize it's 1 guy in 4 camps and he will run all day. No he is not pulling on 4 monks at the same time for 24+hours. It's all automated.

Abyss programs for botting are so basic. Those are being used but those are not what is giving us these fully automated monk pulling groups.

The reason no one is going to give a copy to eqmule is because it is not public. It's just being shared amongst a very very small number of friends. If only 6 people have the program, I doubt 1 of them is going to give it up.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

They can stop the VMs, it will just take some effort and time.

Or waste money trying to have GMs run around asking for pictures of PC setups?

How you going to ask a bot team for a picture when they only reply with "Hi, I'm here" or other random general sayings. At that point skip the picture and ban people who can't carry on conversations about some random topic.
  12. Mang-lurk New Member

That's only going to stop the completely afk people which there honestly aren't many of.

All the good botters have enough triggers and warnings set up. They can easily detect a GM talking to them and then go to a toon at that camp to reply.

What the GM needs to do is be taught how to notice these programs and ban them.

It's even easy to tell they use stick. Which is a tiny part of their programs.

Next time you see them all "autofollow" their main toon, go ahead and look at the target of their box toons. They don't target their main toon to auto follow. They just all stick to their main toon. Anyone who knows anything about everquest knows you need to target your main character and then /follow.

Then you have the monks who target mobs further than you can physically /target mobs.

Then you have their monk at the bottom of the lava for 3 hours without taking any damage.

Their mages are set to auto scan burnout and recast it at exactly the same time if it's not on their pet at x seconds past the minute. Regardless if you dispell the burnout 1 second after they recast or wait 50 seconds. Their bot will look for it and recast if necessary... at the same time every 1 minute.

It's really just not hard to tell if you understand game mechanics.

They don't like being recorded so if you watch the em que users long enough, they will pick over of run over to their alternate camp. (Basically you will see them in solb and lower guk). This is something unique to the em que users because they know it's very obvious they are using cheats.

Not sure why a GM can't just watch from a non GM toon. 10 minutes of observing and it would be easy to see the cheats.
  13. modsiw Augur

/sigh
  14. elumxe Elder

Why do you persist? It’s so weird.
    Look, all i have to do is stick my head into a discord channel or join a forum and the admins will make me a “dev” or mod or even admin.
    I understand that can be hard to understand if you never been a creator of anything...

Of course google wont raise any money for you, are they reliant on you for their whole business?
    Look, these sites wants to keep me “happy” the day i stop updating they don’t have a place to download the source from.
    Have you ever noticed those sites never ever release until AFTER i release updates?

I never said i was not a myseq dev, i am, but i did say i havent coded or updated that thing for years (because dbg made it clear in a 2015 meeting i had with them it was something they wanted), but hey, screw the facts right?

It’s not ok to spin things, there are actual questionable stuff and some bad decisions i have made in the past and some stuff im not proud of as well that you could pick from if you want to criticize so no reason to make up things, but for the most part i have been reasonable and i have worked hard to stop m q 2 usage on truebox.
    Gana and code-zero like this.
  15. elumxe Elder

Cmon, that’s just not right, if you are going to quote out of context at least be better at it, just a few posts above those posts i said this:

I admitted i was once a ACTIVE developer for myseq, i stopped coding for it 2015. Clearly the quote you pasted implies i was talking about if any forum lists me as a CURRENT dev for myseq nowadays it’s not correct.

I havent written any code at all for it for years. Dev emeritus perhaps, but clearly not actively working on that project anymore.

It’s completely ridiculous, it’s like if you once owned a android phone but now u have an iphone, people would still call u “that android guy” cmon... it’s unreasonable.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Jezzie Augur

I haven't seen so much denial since Baghdad Bob
  17. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Holy freaking crap. I can't believe I'm reading this thread and it hasn't been locked and nuked. Every place to get third party programs for the game is named in this thread on multiple occasions.

As a lifelong denizen of the Zek server/servers, I have every reason to hate EQMule's guts, since no server has suffered more from the proliferation of pre-compiled versions of his program, but the truth is that he does have his scruples, and the majority of the people who use his program make a sincere effort to do it in a way that does not disrupt the gameplay of others. Despite my distaste for the use of third party programs on Zek, and the fact that these programs did about as much as anything/anyone else to kill the server (and therefore the game for red players), I have to say: You can pretty much take whatever Mule says at face value.

Abyss, however, is another story. He's out to make quick money however he can, and he doesn't care how it impacts the game. If the two top guilds on Selo use his programs to warp train each other from the moment the server opens, he couldn't care less. And so on. DBG needs to get on top of the program Abyss is selling at all costs, because they definitely don't have the GM resources to police it based on player reports. If that means cooperating with Mule to ensure he still has the market on third party programs pretty much cornered, I would say it's a clear lesser-evil scenario. Do it.
    Elyani and elumxe like this.
  18. Liquidmorphh New Member

Take any boxer that uses wireless keypads and almost every one of them can replicate nuking on the same split second, Just like playing a chord on the piano..it happens at the same time. Why is this so hard to understand?
  19. code-zero Augur

Exactly, and that's been going on since opening day on Phinigel. I'm more amazed that the True Box code didn't boot the characters from the game to be honest as I know that was a common complaint early on when different players would sync too closely from time to time
  20. Jezzie Augur

I would of said since opening day on Agnarr. Phinny was nothing like what we have today. Most boxers were using very vanilla to box and boxers were few and far between.