Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheWatcher, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Elyani Augur

Guess it depends on the person. Do I know whether or not he really did get that offer and whether or not he really did turn them down? Nope. But, do I believe both may be true? Sure! Chinese "companies" (gold farmers) go where the money is, and often use automation programs to get there. Is it possible he turned them down? Absolutely! I am not naive to the world, but I also think there are people out there that might care about some things more than you give them credit for.

Either way, like I said before, it doesn't matter what words or proof he offers up to some people, as they'll never believe him.

Even if he did sell the program to some underground farming op based in China (Not that I think he did/would, I'd hope not), at least he's kept it out of the hands of the larger portion of the population. LOL

Maybe I am just a little too trusting, but I do believe there are people with integrity. Either way, he said his peace, it's up to the community to believe him or not. In my opinion, he was brave enough (and confident in his resolve) to talk about it out in the open here, so I certainly am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    elumxe likes this.
  2. elumxe Elder

I sleep just fine thank you very much.

Oh how you wish I was a underground black hat with a long criminal record, someone thats just pure evil and does anything for money, someone totally corrupt and easy to hate...

You believe whatever you like that fits your worldview.
    I pay my taxes, teach sunday school and scouts, donate 10% of my income to charity, own a dog, have three daughters and a wife that ive been married to and never cheated on for 23 years.

I recently passed a FBI background check as well.
    It’s unfortunate for you that im such a squeaky clean nerd...

So sorry to disappoint you but the above is all 100% true and easily verifiable as well.
    I don’t want m q 2 on truebox servers, it’s not worth the pain, i do want it on the other servers and i don’t want a war with dbg about it.
    I have 2000+ unique downloads every month by normal players who use it on the normal live servers, why in the world would i want to jeopardize their usage by selling a truebox version to anyone for any money?
    But go ahead, be cynical. Ill be logical.
    code-zero and Captain Video like this.
  3. Captain Video Augur

For that kind of fixation, I would recommend to him either GTA Online or Secret World Legends.
  4. Dawdle Augur

That's a lot of attack surface and you give up a ton of info here. I question this stance from an IS point of view and if you're having to take background checks but posting about it on a game forum I'd yank it.

Truth is I think you might be able to dodge the issue on the topic of this software but these conflicts you have with other people, your deal with DB, and being a bit arrogant created the current situation. Word is you literally told the wrong guy that he couldn't do it, like he didn't know how. Well I think a lot of us know how, I think I could post a bug bounty about your Swiss Cheese program.

Your not a white hat. You are making money off selling a 3rd party program to a game that people are passionate about. You wrote the original program so the default is you were not contracted by DB to do so and it created a problem and it's your fault. You don't have the moral high ground here and you can't say it's somebody else's fault. I think you will find there's no thin line in security clearances. Like anybody is going to give you access to Verizon. Wait the Chinese did already, Drop Squad targeted HACKTEAM and gave it to everyone. There's huge issues when you develop anything and everyone always wants to say that it's not my fault. Well who's fault is it then? I think there needs to be some accountability.

Well sorry guy, many of the people that use your program are trolls and you wrote it. Now did DB contract you to write that? SoE? Variant? Did you write the GM tool set in game? Did you have a clause stating sale of such said program was allowed within your contract? The way you have dealt with these issues has left much to be desired from a PR point of view and if I was DB I would seriously question...

I'm just being straightforward here. I don't intend to attack you. I don't know you and I don't care but with whats been going on many people are upset and they are looking for somebody to blame.
    Jezzie likes this.
  5. elumxe Elder

Look Dawdle, “Attack Surface” blah blah etc.
    M q 2 is a code signed application. The info i posted is obtainable by anyone doing a properties right click and looking at the cert and then making a couple queries.
    I don’t need to hide from anyone, it’s impossible as a independent software developer once you sign your app...
    Post a bug bounty, noone will be happier than i, i already have one running as well.
    Locking m q 2 down for truebox is an ongoing cat and mouse game.

If you are so elite, post your cracked version and wipe the smugness of my face.
    And still with the “selling” lies? What is up with that? I never sold a single copy of m q 2 and i never will. How many times do i have to repeat it?

As for all the rest of the theories you have, im not going to waste time on it, it’s just too ridiculous.
  6. Jezzie Augur

I really don't care if you sell it or not. I see warping is now an advertised feature where it used to be bundled in but you recommended that nobody use.
    I see you need a $10 a month sub to gain access to the "advanced" plugins. Maybe that goes to the site admins? They don't seem to have the plat selling company as a sponsor anymore.

My issue would be with the accountability side of things. You don't supply a working version of M Q 2 for truebox, this we know. If you think that you're the only person with the "talents" to tweak your hard work and use it on the TLP's then you're dead wrong. Unless Abyss's software is a clone of M Q 2 in which case he would be using your hard work and selling it as his own?
    You should never of launched a working version of Showeq for the TLP's. Saying that, the 6 box dps squads think it was a wonderful idea and the level 1 warp trainers on Selo thank you too, but you don't feel the least bit accountable for that behavior. You not forcing them to act that way but would they be able to do it without this service that you provide?

You used to point the finger of blame at everybody crying about your software but the real issue has always been those that abuse 3rd party software to screw the rest of the community over. You should feel some accountability for that.

On Mangler there's so much automation that honestly I think it's impossible to tell which software is responsible. To be honest I don't care. All I know is I never want to play on a cheat to compete server ever again and the people that use / used your software are the main reason for that.

You don't feel any responsibility?
  7. Ceffener Augur

You are all funny if you think OPM gives a crap about 3rd Party EQ Software. Unless you have lawsuits by SoE and stop orders that you willingly ignored (or tax evasion....that one will get you), they don’t care about anyone’s video game infamy.

Nor should they.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Disclaimer: I only have one subbed account and do not box on any TLP. I have on occasion alt-tabbed 3-box on Live servers. I have never used any third-party software for EQ. So, I don't care much about how this plays out.

It has been my understanding that DBG's current Truebox code can be spoofed by VMware settings which assign randomized Mac addresses to each virtual machine. It isn't rocket science to know how to do this. Therefore it isn't necessary to alter the code of any third-party assist program to do it, either. Like many others, I had no idea who Abyss was until this latest blow-up, since I've never been in the market for those services, but he doesn't sound like a rocket scientist to me. If it wasn't him, it would still be somebody.

The competitive advantage doesn't come from the boxing, it coms from the >automation< of the boxing, and that has been going on to some degree for many years now, since before the first TLPs were launched. It has always been a bannable offense. What has changed has nothing to do with who has tweaked what software package, rather it has everything to do with DBG no longer having any willingness to step up and ban people for it anymore. Until that reverses, if it ever does, all this argument over EQMule this vs. Abyss that is pointless, IMHO.
  9. elumxe Elder

I have taken as much responsibility as is wtihin reason.
    I feel like im doing my best to stop truebox usage.
    You also must have me confused by someone else, i don’t operate any sites that sell subscriptions for access to advanced plugins.
    Nor did i ever create or launch a showeq and I certainly don’t distribute any working copies of one either.
  10. Jezzie Augur

MMOBugs has a long history of supporting EverQuest for over 15 years. To get started please Register on the forums. Premium Membership is required to get access to more advanced plugins. Membership starts from less than $9.99 a month for a years membership. All funds go towards development and hosting fees. We all really appreciate any support given to the community.

Looks like somebody is making money off your hard work.

Lets replace Showeq with MySeq, I find it hard to believe you didn't know what I meant but oh well!

11. elumxe Elder

Im not affiliated with mmobugs they have their own devs, i dont promote that site or host it or admin it in any way at all, and it’s kinda dishonest to imply it.
    I just asked them to not host or create or promote any truebox versions of m q 2 and they agreed.
    I know u meant myseq, my statement remains true, i don’t distribute/sell/update or otherwise publicly promote it’s usage. It’s been years since I wrote any code at all for it, and i did not create it.
  12. Ceffener Augur

Source code of the two big 3rd party programs are both freely available to be compiled by anyone. Then there are 2 main sites selling a precompiled version + other plugins developed by them. And one main site selling, whatever hacked up version he is selling.

But the base message that Eqmule doesn’t sell anything (at least under that name), is true you can download and compile the source for free.
    elumxe likes this.
  13. modsiw Augur

Going out on a limb and assuming that elumxe works as a top tier software engineer. An engineer well versed in binary reverse engineering is going to earn well above what a typical software engineer would. If so, $10k isn't a game changing amount of money. It's not unreasonable that $10k may very well be less than a weeks pay.

https://www.paysa.com/salaries/google--engineer
    https://www.paysa.com/salaries/facebook--engineer
    https://www.paysa.com/salaries/twitter--engineer
    https://www.paysa.com/salaries/vmware--engineer
    https://www.paysa.com/salaries/cisco-systems--engineer

Beyond the above, accepting Chinese money for developing a cyber tool could have serious implications for his regular job.
    code-zero and elumxe like this.
  14. modsiw Augur

I hit reply instead of edit. Derp.
  15. Pharone Elder

16. Jezzie Augur

(eqmule maintains the client MySEQ. If you like it, please send him a few $$!)
    You're right, I am confused. You have to admit that going off that statement that it;s easy to think you might have something to do with the updating part of Myseq.
    Mmobugs has you listed as a Lead Dev so I'm sure you can understand why somebody might think that you are affiliated with that site. If you're not affiliated with that site then you might want to check out the link for Paypal donations that go to some guy calling himself EQMule on their site. A fake EQMule?

17. Volts Elder

CALL IN THE FEDS BOYS, EQ CORRUPTION RUNNING RAMPANT!!!

LOL at your comment, get real!
  18. elumxe Elder

I hang out on different forums where users of my software hang. It’s reasonable for me to stay in touch with the endusers, read up on bugs/problems/feature requests etc...

if their admins decide to give me the lead dev flag, that’s on them, i have no control over that and I honestly don’t care what tag they give my accounts. (Although in this case i am the lead dev for m q 2, so technically they have given me a correct tag, but im not and have never been a lead dev for that site) I guess it’s a honor to have a green tag or something but it’s not something i ever asked for.
    Those sites can post whatever they like, i don’t have time to go and ask for corrections for every single thing people state about me, i have enough work trying to keep this forum posts about me somewhat factual.
    If anyone at the above mentioned forums lists me as dev for myseq it’s not correct and they should edit their post.
    If any sites asks people to donate for my work im not goong to ask them to stop, that would be stupid.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Pharone Elder

Seriously. I'm curious why you people continue to try to run smoke screens and deny the hacking that is going on. The software is public knowledge. There's literally no reason for you to try to deny it because DBG isn't even doing anything to people that use it.

Every single raid guild on Coirnav used the eye in the sky. It was a requirement of the monks to have it installed. Nobody got banned.

Hello. McFly. Is this thing on?

I mean really what is the reason you continue to deny?

N O B O D Y C A R E S. PERIOD.
  20. elumxe Elder

Nobody is denying that people use bot software on the truebox servers. We all know this is so, im just saying it’s unlikely it’s my software and i don’t want as much unfair blame when i in fact work very hard to stop botting on truebox. I offer my services to dbg for free let me come on board and implement proper detection.