Kill Stealing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Legolit, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Legolit New Member

is this a thing? when does it become harassment? I thought that was against the eula.
    theres a few chanters that charm a mob when you bring its health down to 10%ish then gate and kill it. happens over and over. It happened about 6 times to me till I loaded dispel magic. This happens in the zone OOT, at seafury cyclops island on mangler server. I can understand DBG letting 10 man boxing happen with illegal software, DBG is getting money for that illegal group. But when one or three people are ruining the fun and it becomes a toxic environment for the others then that becomes DBG's problem and need to fix it.

DBG you know where all the toxic camps are located, but you let it happen because of the all mighty dollar. Don't tell me there is no such thing as a "camp", because all the players know there are, and most abide by them. if you need proof log in guk and you will see a camp check often. anyway its not about a camp its about the harassment going on with a few enchanters on Mangler.
  2. code-zero Augur

There's no such thing as kill stealing or camps. DPS race is the rule now. Whenever you see the chanter starting to cast charm you need to be hitting dispel
  3. NoWay Augur

happens over and over. It happened about 6 times to me till I loaded dispel magic. 6 times really? Shut it and load dispel, man some people.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Pumice stones
  5. Tierdal Augur

Only triggered spawns. Hopefully the person who KS'd my Angry Gob will be being banned soon.

If it is not trigger, then anyone can DPS race it.
  6. Christopher84 Journeyman

The rules for harassment and disruption are pretty subjective and will be interpreted differently depending on who deals with your ticket. Personally, if someone was intentionally waiting for you to get a mob low then charming it I would consider that to be be a form of disruptive play and I'd report it, but since I'm not a guide or GM my opinion is worth diddly. DBG may just consider it to be a legitimate form of DPS racing.

All you can do is keep dispel loaded and be ready to record if you suspect any kind of shenanigans.
  7. Dmsizzle99 New Member

Sadly this is true and get used to it. DPS race and fight back whatever way you can. That being said, had far more issues with level 50's moron's from Relentless Incontinence that any form of botters/boxers.
  8. Skauri_BoxofKurage New Member

If he wants to share mobs , would it be possible to share all the mobs around to his gated location ?
    I mean, since you don't have a camp, then you should really share all the mobs in zone with him. That seems like a friendly and fair thing to do. Perhaps he will get bored with killing so many at once and move to a different zone. I would share with him over and over, until he has had enough friendship to satisfy his urge to KS.
    Meridian likes this.
  9. trevock Augur

If DBG is going to say that there are no camps and KS'ing players is ok because it's "DPS race", then they need to also let training other players be ok. There's literally nothing anyone can do about being KS'd by box mage armies, but if someone drops about 50 mobs then they'll learn.
  10. Rcbauer Augur

Yep. CT box armies figured that out pretty quick.
  11. Xhartor Augur

If you don't have a video of being trained then DBG isn't doing anything. I find it highly unlikely that these bot army's are recording the game play.
  12. Ishbu Augur

How is charming to prevent my damage on a mob I've already done over half the damage to a dps race?

They are literally stealing, wiping, and harassing to get the mob but not winning a dps race.

If you thing doing 10% of the mobs hp us winning a dps race over the person who did 90%, you need to go back to grade school.

Now DBG might be perfectly ok with enchaters being jerks, but it's still not a dps race
  13. Elemenopi Augur

Could someone link the post where it specifically states DPS race is the rule? I see this said quite a bit on these forums but haven't found the actual post that everyone is repeating as an ironclad rule.
  14. Ceffener Augur

There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master or Guide on any server. We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other. Game Masters and Guides will not help negotiate these disputes between players and guilds.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...7-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct?mobile_site=true
    Elemenopi likes this.
  15. trevock Augur

"We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other."

Lol DBG must be new to how the internet works. People don't care about resolving disputes. They want the kill, they want to grief, that's it. There is no "negotiation" or "resolving a dispute". They take the kills, they KS, and if you don't like it ..tough...get over it.

There's literally no way to win because:

1. You aren't DPS racing anything because enchanters are charming mobs that are practically dead and then killing them for themselves. They don't have to DPS race.

2. Even if there was a DPS race, you aren't out-dps'ing an 8 mage box army. I don't care how skilled you are. You aren't doing it without your own boxed mage army.

3. DBG doesn't do anything.
  16. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It's just a CYA to make it so they aren't bound by their own rules to entertain and arbitrate every dispute over every mob on every server.

Because, let's be honest, a lot of the time the complaints aren't exactly legitimate, or the one doing the complaining is only offering their curated side of the story.

Not to say these things don't ever happen. I've seen it plenty in my time.
  17. Ceffener Augur

Pretty much. I just avoid them the best I can (for the most part I personally do not see these “armies” but I know where they are). XP spots are fine, there are better money camps than GEBs that I personally solo and haven’t had any problems with bottling/griefing/etc. I’m not trying to make x Krono per day or anything, but 5-6 a week casually camping isn’t hard right now.

Then I spend my time in AoCs (thank you DBG for caving on this one).

So I realize I mostly live in a little toxic free bubble, but the servers are pretty fun if you just avoid a couple places.
  18. trevock Augur

I'm just curious how Seb will be when Kunark drops. Obviously it's going to be packed with actual groups, but will the boxed armies show up to try to take the king camp?
  19. Volts Elder

Think you missed the point. DGB expects the players to resolve the dispute by seeing who can kill the mob first. They aren't referring to anything else here.

20. Elemenopi Augur

I dont think their dichotomy is only "DPS race = win" as their rule as written doesnt really say as such, but is worded more like "we will not step into the middle of your player drama." I'm sure they dont care if it is resolved via DPS race, or community grown standards such as camp checks and mutual player respect.

This is btw, one of the reasons people complain about boxers religiously. Playing multiple characters allows folks to remove themselves from caring about having a negative community reputation, even when they arent breaking any rule as written - as said negative reputation will not change their play experience like it would if they only were allowed to play one character and became "that guy" on the server. That person who may think twice about stealing a camp in a single character only community wont think twice about it in a multiple character per player community. The former cares about their reputation affecting group invites while the latter does not.
    Svann2 likes this.