Warriors Vs Knights on Mangler

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by ExtraktCMD, Apr 19, 2019.

1. ExtraktCMD New Member

Just a quick question. Since Warrior does not have their disciplines in classic what is the big draw for a Warrior tank in a raid? Is the damage reduction between a Warrior and Knight really big enough to make up for how often Warriors seem to lose aggro in classic? When the Paladin (OT) picks up a mob he never loses it and it’s so nice, and I honestly don’t notice him taking any more damage. Both tanks ( WAR and PLD) are best non-planar gear but WAR has some raid pieces since we’ve been focusing on gearing him first.
  2. Repthor Augur

they have some discs back filled the provoke line got back filled iirc

also it has alot to do with the lack of spammble hate and ppl chooseing weak procs on their weapons and or not understanding how the hate list works.

that said warriors do have the weakest aggro then the other 2 tanks by quite a bit at low lvls but still alright to do their job aslong as other ppl in the group arent being incompetent . warrior at low lvls just arent very intresteing and lacks depths compared to other classes. warriors dont get intresting untill much later in the game when their get their class filled out more
  3. ExtraktCMD New Member

Well lets just assume that threat is out of the picture. Provoke is great, but doesn't add to mitigation.

A level 50 Warrior and a Level 50 Paladin. They have basically the same mitigation in Classic on Mangler correct? I thought they equaled all the defense differences out, and Warrior doesn't get their mitigation discs till Kunark.

I know that Crafted Armor does have a little more AC on it than the Armor of Ro or Darkforge sets, but I'm just calling that a wash.
  4. Brohg Augur

Choosing to play a warrior on TLPs is an investment in future expansion unlocks. That's all. Don't look for balance.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

What Brohg said, most raiders pick for what they are going to be doing in later expacs, you don't actually need Warriors in Classic, Knights can tank the Classic stuff, but as soon as Kunark hits you want Warriors with defensive for all raid tanking for a long long time. But most people that want to main Warriors suck it up and deal with the issues during classic so they are in a better place for day one Kunark instead of having to level a second char.